Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate 43 - 46 bpm

What's everyone else's rhr? Sometimes i think i should be in a coma, that's how low mine gets. 

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Looks like, fitbit wants to see low RHR for a while to record the RHR.  It is showing about 4-5 beats higher.  IMG_20170423_145237.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HRH is usually 46bpm, although I have seen it drop to 40bpm on occasion during the night. Due to my profession I would descibe my lifestyle as sedentary, but I do strength training three days a week in the Gym.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker Are you keeping well hydrated? Dehydration could also lead to an elevated HRH. Personally speaking, my RHR was continually at 49-50,  but I started drinking about 2ltr of water a day and it's dropped to 46bpm

Best Answer

Are you an athlete? 

Mine gets into the low 50’s and sometimes 30’s but I’m a heavy runner . 

Best Answer

@Lara1224 wrote:

Are you an athlete? 

Mine gets into the low 50’s and sometimes 30’s but I’m a heavy runner . 

Does that mean you're heavy for being a runner or you do a lot of running?

Funny thing, I'm both heavy for being a runner (5' 8" and 200 pounds) and I do a lot of running and my sleeping heart rate typically bottoms out between 33 and 35 and my resting heart rate (as calculated by Fitbit) typically ranges between 40 and 44.

Best Answer

Mine is 53

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like kinda old thread 🙂 Mine is always below 50 and varies between 40-46. Sometimes I observed my HR going below 40 for example during long and boring company meetings at work :D. My wife used to be concerned about it. The doctors say it's normal for me. I had quite low HR ( 50-60 ) even when I was obese but never experienced any health issues because of that.

Best Answer

I am stuck at low 40s.  I am getting more intense exercise now.  I will also loose about 15 lbs body fat.  I will be very happy with mid 30s.

When i had 30 bpm at rest, i was young and skinny :), plus workout more intensively :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone- first post my HR is 46 at rest also- apparently there was a Spanish cyclist who had a resting HR of 22( name escapes me) but there are plenty of athletes with much lower than 40s.    

Best Answer

The lowest my RHR has been was in the low forties when I rowed in college.

But that was over fifty years ago. Now my personal RHR goal is anything above 0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

a few years ago, mine was in the high 80's, but now it's in the mid 60's.

I do cardio just about every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am 66 and I do cardio two hours a day on average. Nighttime RHR is 41 w a point up or down at times.  Cardiologist tested me and said it was 39.  If I eat too late or party a bit too hard I’ve been in the mid to upper 40’s.  During day , when I am at full rest, I’ve seen it go as low as 37, but 38 or 39 more typical as the low.  That’s after doing some deep breathing and relaxing. Normal daytime RHR is more like 44, 45. I can get it up to 175 during a hard workout but my typicalHR during a 2 hour workout is 158-162.  

Best Answer

I hope I'm as fit as you when I'm 66! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Retirement has its benefits. One is the ability to work out whenever I
want and for as long as I want. That’s pretty great. Used to be a runner
in my 30,s and early 40’s, but fell off for the most part til I got FitBit
on December 31st. Startowalking 2 miles, then3, 5 , 7, 10 and up to15.
Began averaging 11 miles a day for entire year. That’s how I got fit plus
I utilize every aspect of my Fitbit fairly religiously. Now it’s normal to
walk 12 miles a day on treadmill or roads. Did a Race walk half Marathon
in Brooklyn in October. Was amazing how fast I could walk wit all this
training. Desire, Dedication, Discipline. Of course I let loose now
moreso ce I’ve reached my weight goal. Lost 34 lbs in 3 months and have
maintained it all year thanks to FitBit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is great to know that we can have low bpm even at older age.  I am little younger them you. But have similar bpm. 

You gave me hope to work getting my bpm down.  I always thought that bpm will get much higher as we get aged.  If i can get bpm to mid 30 s while seating up, i will consider myself being young :).

Best Answer
Yes, i hear you. It's something i didn't think possible myself. Thought
when i did marathons and ultras back in my 30's i was at my life's peak.
Now I find myself pushing that belief aside as I work hard to stay fit. As
they say, if you want to, you can. Of course some people have situations
where they are not able to do that kind of exercise. However for those who
have the time and are physically able to it comes down to the D's. Desire,
determination, dedication, diet and discipline. I'm a bit stunned myself.
Just trying to do this one day at a time.
Best Answer

00EB0D99-4C54-4591-95A4-6A0A8CBABD4E.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My RHR seems to be going slightly up ( today shows 47 ) since I reduced the amount of exercising. I'm trying to recover from the slipped disc injury. It happened a couple of weeks ago when I bent to tie my shoelaces ( bugrit! ). Since to recover I still have to be at least slightly active ( it helps ) so I am but had to cease all the HIIT, running etc. Since then I observe my RHR going 2-3 beats up than usual ( and my regular HR seems to be slightly higher ).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not to worry. I had MOHS surgery on my shin in October and I had to back
off for a week. My RHR went up for a few days and when I got active again
it dropped back down. Healing is the more important thing, these numbers
are not as important as healing your body, then you can work out and get
the RHR back down.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My RHR and how low my heart gets while sleeping is totally influenced by what I eat at night time. 

I am recovered from an eating disorder but while restricting my food my RHR was 42-43 now that I eat normally it increased to 53-54 

so a low RHR does not necessarily mean fit and healthy, because I was neither. 

@skylineg35 wrote:

You can get it down, just keep at it, you will get better.  Reduce body fat also helps too.  Even healthy 60s is good. Of course 50s consider excellent for fitness. 

good luck

Best Answer