Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate 43 - 46 bpm

What's everyone else's rhr? Sometimes i think i should be in a coma, that's how low mine gets. 

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is usually in the high 50's to the low 60's.  When I had the flu last year it went up to 65.  Took a while to get that back down to 62.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing going on with me .  Makes it hard to have any energy.  I’m going to the doctor on the seventh to discuss it with them .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dear. Hope it's nothing serious. Wishing you all the best. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corikay when I saw my low RHR I asked my GP about it and he referred me to do ECG and testing for bradicardia, however he explained to me how it works and that was very unlikely I have it. Feeling exhausted may be a symptom of a problem. Our heart and brain are connected with ( simplifying ) a "gearbox". Like in a car. Switching to the higher gear means sending electric impulse that enables the heart to beat faster. This connection sometimes is broken and despite we need to "pump" harder our heart doesn't do it. This is when the exhaustion comes from. Then simple everyday activities like walking up the staircase become a challenge. I don't remember now but the doctor told me the ranges when "gears" kick in. Some peoplw without being athletes have just low RHR and no signs of any illness. I had low RHR even when was unfit and obese but could raise my HR to very high levels. This means my "gearbox" works fine. However, if someone experiences tiredness, dizziness and fatigue while doing thing that require little bit higher HR it is good to have it checked. Of course there could be other reasons too but as I always say, better safe than sorry 😉

Best Answer
Thank you for the info. I Don’t feel as bad now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I notice from most/all of these replies is the fact that the commenter happens to be an adult. I am a 15-year old boy in high school, and for the past couple years I've noticed that my resting heart rate has always been around 50. Note that this means that at times it may reach a high of 54 or 55, and other times may reach a low of 45 (I have the data to prove this). To be sure that my Fitbit isn't functioning improperly, I conducted a test of my own, only to see that the device is working perfectly fine (I tested by counting the number of beats in one minute upon waking up in the morning). Heck, when I focus my breath at this very moment I am able to get my heart rate down to 44, according to the Fitbit. I just did another test of my own, mid-type, to find that I recorded 54 beats in one minute. No, I do not have any of the symptoms of bradycardia (Shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, inability to focus [I think]). I do two sports, but I don't dedicate my life to them. I'm just like any other high school boy, any thoughts?

I've also been thinking whether this may be a genetic feature, as my dad shares similar (though not as low) resting heart rates, however clearly we aren't of the same age.

Best Answer

@Karmainator my wife used to work in the hospital for children and once she had a patient whose HR was so low that they had to do all necessary tests to make sure it was all fine with her. In fact, despite knowing the girl was a professional gymnast. Her RHR was closer to 40. OF course, she was an athlete but low RHR, especially among younger people isn't something unusual. Mind that youngsters tend to be more physically active than us, old pricks 😄 Even if you say, you're on the average, it still probably is more than average adult does in terms of keeping activity level. On the other hand, yes there are people who actually have low RHR even if they're not fit and they are absolutely fine. I am one of them. When I was obese my RHR was usually oscillating around 55-60bpm and I was far from being fit. I don't have bradycardia or any other heart-related problems. If you're worried, it's always worth checking with your doctor. Also, don't blindly trust the readings done by the tracker. The accuracy is questionable and it really depends on many factors. In my case, Fitbit readings are always lower ( sometimes a lot, like 30-40bpm lower ) than HR readings coming from other devices.

Best Answer

Yes genetic can be related.  I have the same lucky genetic :).  Took my dad to complete checkup way back.  They said he had 25 years old young man heart at age 58.  He did not involve sports, but always had low heart rate.  He did not smoke or drink alcohol.  

I am trying to get my 30 bpm (wake seatinging up) numbers back but age kick in.  So maybe can get high 30s now.  I do eat healthy and try stay away anything that damages the body (even pollution) :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a daughter working in a hospital, she told me that she will freak out if she sees heart rate like mine on any patience :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello. what scare me that my heart is always between 40 -50 and when i do sport up only to 67 bpm .what should i do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See a doctor if that scares you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same. But, I run a 5K at the gym 2-3 times a week. Sometimes when I sleep it goes down to 39-40.

Best Answer

I lost (higher resting heart rate) about 10 bpm in 35 years.  I can not work out the same intensive i used to when i was young.  My recovery time at least double.  Plus getting old makes the body less efficient :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doomed lol!  I'll be 50 soon n have an avg resting heart rate of 45... Tho 43 today n was 37 thro the night.  I'm a maintenance exerciser and struggling with premenopause issues but feel far from doomed or past it.  Take care guys 🙂 

Best Answer

Lucky and young lady  :).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@haddane wrote:

when i do sport up only to 67 bpm

What kind of physical activity sends your HR to 67 bpm, and no higher than that? Are you saying that if you sprint at maximum intensity for 20 seconds, rest for 20 seconds, sprint again for 20 seconds etc. (repeat that 4-5 times), your HR is still stuck at 67 bmp (and you’re not out of breath at all)?! That would be weird indeed.

Maybe the HR monitoring feature of your HR is broken. You can easily check that by counting beats for 15 seconds the old-fashioned way: with two fingers around your neck, using a regular watch. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. That's really good! Healthy body, healthy mind. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@haddane this is a bit strange. First of all, check your pulse using "analogue" ways 🙂 I mean manually. There's a big chance your Fitbit is not functioning as expected. What you described is pretty much a symptom of bradycardia. As it was explained to me by my doctor, there is a fault on the way brain-heart that makes your heart unable to jump into higher "gear" ( I know, not very scientific explanation but works 🙂 ). As many Fitbit owners, I was also concerned about my resting HR and got checked by the doctor. However, my HR during exercise elevates as expected. In your case, it just looks strange. I wouldn't panic as it could be your tracker playing tricks on you ( so check your pulse manually ) but it's always better to ask the doctor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 23 year old young guy with a resting heart rate of 42-47 bpm and don't know why is it that low. Sometimes I wonder that I am suffering from some sort of a heart disease. I am not an athlete and neither have any family history of heart disease. Luckily I don't experience any symptoms like shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pains etc. I think it's normal to have a resting heart rate even below than 45 bpm as long as you don't have any symptoms.

Best Answer