Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most amount of steps anyone has ever walked in a single day?

I am just curious about the most steps walked in a single day. I have 45,000, and it was tough getting that badge.

Best Answer
259 REPLIES 259

I got 25,000 in a day even though it is low.

Best Answer

Last week I walked 45,000 steps(charge HR) with my wife, her fitbit(flex) only recorded 35,000. We are both 64 and walk everyday since I retired 6 years ago. Since I am 7 inches taller than her she should have accumulated more steps than me. My goal is 50,000 this summer . I will be happy and contented not to surpass this challenge.

Best Answer

15000 which was yesterday. And even though my fitbit is new, I had a jawbone before and I expect this 15K to be my record for a while to come. Even getting 10000 again today. I am not a runner and it shows, but proud of that badge Smiley Very Happy .

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

Well done! Mine is 55,000 but that was a HUGE stretch. Keep going 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got 28,205 last Saturday (the 18th). My boyfriend and I were in NYC for the weekend and walked almost everywhere, including this interactive theatre/scavenger hunt called "Accomplice". We never got on the subway and did Lyft twice--both times from our hotel in Chelsea to a restaurant in the Village. I was just a tiny bit disappointed I didn't hit 30,000 steps that day, but I sure tried.

Best Answer

50K only because I wanted the badge.

Wont happen again I found it really hard for me anyways

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My best was 45 k last Sept when I ran my army run. I did both 5 k and 1/2 on the same day. I don't think it will happen again as I was completely drained out at the end of the race (both mentally and Physically). 😞

Best Answer

The best I ever did was the 25k badge. I see no need to walk more than 10-15k, really. I think anyone who has output over 30k is probably  got some penchant for pain. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer

if you run all day you'll get about 320,000 steps a day 

Best Answer

I walk 100 steps in one minute, and there at 1440 minutes in a day, so if I were to walk non-stop for 24 hours straight, then the maximum amount possible would be 144,000 steps.   I don't think one could do more than that.  One could increase their pace but doubt one could keep it up like by 20% and theoretically hit 172,800 steps but doubt it. 

Best Answer

My most since I've owned a fitbit has been 34,000 steps. 

However, back when I worked as an overnight stocker in a Walmart, I had a pedometer that routinely recorded me at over 50,000 steps for just my 8 hour shift. I didn't wear it during the rest of my day. 

I really kind of miss having an active job. 

Best Answer

Those minutes spent sat down watching tv?

jog on the spot

Best Answer

my most is about 36 thousand steps which is about 21 kilometres 

Best Answer

20,624 and it was a huge effort! 😂😂 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

mine was 30k.. never happened again.. its so hard to even get that..

Best Answer

Í do wonder the same thing...when a month long challenge comes up and a guy competes it in a day...i truly wonder if it is honest. I guess if you have the week off and only focus on running/walking it could be possible...but I'm referring to samsung health where they simply use your phone to count your steps

Best Answer

I once got 117k steps in a day from work

Best Answer

I get a lot of steps in knitting ... just kidding. I don't count these, lol.

Best Answer

@Mezmeralda wrote:

I get a lot of steps in knitting ... just kidding. I don't count these, lol.

I haven't had my fitbit count extra things like that yet, well, except one time in traffic. I had my fitbit on my right instead of my left because my left wrist was bugging me. I drive a stick shift, so it counted me something like 100 steps on my 1 hour commute in traffic. 

Now, I've actually done 50,000 steps in a day with my fitbit. I mostly walked around the house while watching tv or listening to an audiobook. It didn't really get difficult until the last 10,000 steps. 

Best Answer

Having just done 87k in 24 hours as a 37 year old 220 pound very soreasy man I have no doubt 150k is attainable for any reasonably fit person who has 24 hours to push. ( there were 5 hours total in the day I wasn't walking)

Best Answer
0 Votes