Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689
The baking soda helps to alkalize the body which helps keep systemic
inflammation down. Systemic inflammation can cause a host of issues.
Best Answer

I usually have a nice bowl of warm porridge for mine, keeps me filled up and going for hours 🙂 what I have with it depends on what I have it but usually I add some stevia just for a bit of sweetness.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Come on to think of our body as a premium car, which needs maintenance and repair. For a lifetime we have to take care of this car. If we change the oil and filters on time, if we use appropriate fuel, the car will run more. If not .... it reaches the cemetery machines because we have not cared for it! It is an allegory! All things are lawful but not all things are helpful! - Are the words of the Apostle Paul. Instinctively, we should feed our body with food enzymes ie fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables. Passes through the liver swallow everything! Vitamin supplements, baking soda, fizzy drinks, sweetened give everything leeks suffering from liver ... But some may say, than a year crow, eagle better one days !!! The old adage Latin: Carpe diem (living this moment)! But then talk of unconsciousness ... and much suffering!
steps to health with my Blaze 101
Best Answer
0 Votes

Breakfast is a quick 2 egg omlette (I don't even whisk the eggs anymore, just drop two eggs into a 6in pan, bust the yolks, and flip) made with olive oil. Some cheese (whatever is on hand, shredded, about 1oz). A piece of fruit (kiwi, orange, berries, melon... even a tomato -- whatever is cheap/in season). Leftover veggies if they exist, or quickly sauteed spinach. A sausage link if it was on sale that week. Everything gets seasoned with salt and pepper and butter, maybe.

Best Answer

When i run early I don't eat anything before hand, mainly because it causes cramping.  I agree with you that what you eat the night before has a huge impat on my running.  If I cheat and eat a lot of simple carbs the night before, my next day run is SO easy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two eggs, over easy, a serving of grits with butter, a slice of whole wheat or rye toast with cinnamon and butter, and 4 oz of orange juice.  Making me hungry thinking about it....  Smiley Happy

Best Answer

One egg + a couple egg whites mixed in with any veggies left over from dinner on a piece of toast.  Coffee and a bit of milk.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

2 Poached Eggs, a 16fl Oz. cup of Coffee, a cup of Fresh sqweezed Grapefruit & Nectarine juice, a flour tortilla & some Sriracha sauce overtop the eggs.  Overall, well balanced & a good start of the day before I get into the gym

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have just started logging my food consumption through my Fit Bit Dashboard. It is a habit I need to work on and feel it helps me see what I have left for the day and to better plan my meals. My goal is to reduce my Carbohydrate and Sugar intake.
Best Answer

I am a poached egg fan also. Siracha is a nice quick spicy add. I also will simmer some chopped Calabrian chili peppers in olive oil (five minutes max. & it keeps) to drizzle over the eggs. Great taste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smoothie

Oatmeal

Spinach or Brocolli

Almond or Soy Milk

Flax Seed

Vegan Protein Power

Blueberries

Banana

BreaskfastBreaskfast

2023 still using a Surge. 路‍:male_sign:
Best Answer

@gpshikernbiker- I have to ask - do you cook your spinach and/or broccoli?  I rarely add green items to my smoothies, I take them whole, but was intrigued.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually have a peice of toast with some honey or peanut butter on them or some cereal... those have about 431 calories and 262 calories (aproximatly). Oh and I also have a peice of fruit.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Typically, coffee with 30 g half and half, 10 g oil oil used to saute a variety of veggies...e.g. onions, greens, hot peppers, mushrooms...150-200 g egg whites. This usually amounts to about 300 calories. Sometimes I will add some meat to the omelet or add a piece of Ezekial toast.

Best Answer

That sounds great! And Healthy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find the food log one of the best parts of having a fitbit, keeping a log of daily food intake is a real wake up call, and it makes you accountable and very conscious of what your calorie limits are.  Portion control I feel is they key to dropping pounds, with food all around us it is so easy to eat a couple of hundred calories extra each day, which over a few months can add up to several kilos.  I am back on track now for 2017, have ordered a new fitbit which it due to arrive in a couple of days (my One accidently went in the washing machine recently 😞     ) and I will be logging all food intake on the fitbit dashboard.  Good luck to everyone in 2017 and Happy New Year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also use the Food Log religiously. Almost every thing I eat is entered in. I made a food called Calorie Estimate to use when I go somewhere you can't enter the exact foods like a covered dish dinner. I try to stick to 1500 or less calories a day - usually in the 1400's. It really keeps me accountable.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you think about this?:

• Healthy:

healthy.jpg

• Unhealthy:

unhealthy.jpg

They both look very yummy, but we have to know what the difference is! No matter how good it looks, it may not be as healthy as other good looking foods! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use MyFitnessPal. I was using it before I got my FitBit so all my meals and recipes are on there. It works fine with the FitBit app though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to weight watchers. I ate an ego for breakfast 

Best Answer
0 Votes