Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I drink black coffee with non-dairy creamer before work sometimes tuna sandwiches. In weekend, depending on activities I do, mostly I skip breakfast but have brunch instead. I eat boiled eggs and yogurt or chicken breast (add a bit of chili sauce) with boiled vegetables because I have time to cook in weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Normally I take 2 eggs (boiled or omelet) with turmeric and pepper (always use turmeric with pepper) or oatmeal with 1/2 apple, cranberries, cinnamon, chia- and/or flax seeds, with a tbsp of peanut butter. Coffee with milk. I use the food log as well, keeps me on track .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, quick question...what is bulletproof coffee ? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bulletproof coffee is coffee blended with a healthy dose of butter and oil.  Often taken by people following keto diets.  I prefer my coffee black when I do take it.  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On a working day I eat low fat bio yoghurt with sliced 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana and 1 tblsp linseed (total 200 kcal) in the morning. Usually I ate four or five whole wheat bread slices (335 kcal without topping). 

It was quite hard to change from bread to yoghurt, but now I won't go back. It's real refreshing and easy to start with. Sometimes I add orange instead of apple or leave the linseed. I'm going to try some cruesli in the future.

Best Answer

I'm getting wraps for breakfast this month. I make some scrambled eggs with tomato and onion. Then, I make some sauteed bell peppers and I mix everything and put it on a whole wheat tortilla and wrap it up. It is the best breakfast ever! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I'll stick with my regular coffee... butter and oil...I'll pass 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 weetabix with milk and a banana.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I try to shake things up nutritionally so I don't get into a rut. However, typically, I will have one serving of some sort of fruit of choice, whether berries, bananas, stone fruits, or persimmons when they're in season.

One serving of some sort of grain, steel cut oats, whole grain cream of wheat, brown rice, or wild rice.

One serving of a protein of choice, often an egg, but also occasionally a slice of bacon, a piece of liver, a piece of hard cheese, Greek yogurt, natto, or some other types of beans. Sometimes even fish.

Or I'll do a whey shake with fruit and yogurt, an omelette, etc. If I get a good balance of the three macros at breakfast, I'm not hungry until lunch. It also depends on the season, since I try to eat seasonally. I don't do hot cereals in summer or cold cereals in winter. My body doesn't like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go between three different breakfasts depending upon what I am feeling, and the weather. I love smoothies in the summer, and hot meals in the winter.

ONE: Banana Oatmeal: 1/2 cup plain instant oatmeal made with 1/2 cup Almond Milkd topped with 1/2 Banana and 1 T Chia Seeds - 325 calories.

TWO: Egg & Potatoes: 2 eggs, 1 cup sweet potatoes, 1 cup mushrooms - 400 calories

THREE: Green Smoothie: 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 3 cups spinach, 1 cup almond milk, 1 T peanut butter - 330 calories

Between breakfast and lunch if I am having cravings I will have 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup fruit, or 1 red bell pepper - depending upon my mood and how hungry I am. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I typically have an egg and a piece of low sodium sprouted Ezekiel bread with half a pat of butter along with 1/2 cup of low sodium vegeteble juice.
  • Sundays I have 1 mashed banana and egg pancake with a tbsp of peanut butter.
  • Once a week I have steel cut oats made with 1/2 milk and half water and 1 tbsp of peanut butter (unsalted with peanuts as the only ingredient) and half a banana. 

On egg/toast days I have a pretty big midmorning snack - 1c up whole milk plain yogurt, berries and chia seeds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Muesli. 

I love this one:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-muesli-fruit---nut-15k...

With a a banana chopped in and semi-skimmed milk. 

It it keeps me going for six to eight hours before I have lunch.

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer
0 Votes
wow, for six to 8 hours..that's a lot. So, no morning of afternoon snacks ? That would cover the whole day ..guess I need more food - I have 3 meals and 2 snacks...I don't do cereals or bread ..

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I try not to snack because I have trouble stopping!

If I must snack, I try just to eat fresh fruit, tree nuts or dried dates. 

I normally eat breakfast around 5am. Lunch between 1 and 2pm and dinner about 8pm.

Best Answer
0 Votes
same here [😊] I stick with fresh fruits or nuts..almonds or walnuts...but I have trouble with sticking to just a few too coz I love nuts...I bought the larabar protein bars for snack but they feel pretty heavy on the stomack.

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Larabars are for some unfathomable reason called Nakd here in the UK. 

But they're really expensive, so I make my own for when I go on a long walk.

1. Line a Tupperware box with cling film. 

2. Chuck 250g of mixed nuts into the food processor and blitz until a fine dust. 

3. Add 250g of dried dates and blitz into a paste. 

4. Add zest of an orange and half of the juice and blitz again. 

5. Squash it all firmly into the lined Tupperware.

6. Chuck it in the fridge overnight. 

7. Slice into pieces. Wrap in foil. Chuck in rucksack and go for a nice long walk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
have to try to make them myself too. They are expensive here as well. I bought them while on sale. [😊] Walking here is only on the treadmill coz I'm in Alberta Canada and the weather doesn't let me walking outside yet. Not where I live. Dealing with ice and snow, and wildlife where I am in the country. I prefer my treadmill at home or at the gym in town. The gym in town gives me a change of scenery and prevents me from dying from boredom. A bit of a drive but its worth it. [😊]

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Typical Breakfast

Drinks: Whey protein shake, black coffee, water, or milk

Meal: Sunny side up eggs, wheat toast, and avocado spread

or

Wheaties (Cereal), and Apple with peanut butter dip

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer
0 Votes

It varies. Sometimes tea with some honey. Two whole grain frozen waffles with lite syrup. Some type of fruit and a couple of slices of turkey.
Sometimes I just throw a smoothie together. Greek yogurt, frozen fruit, banana, chia seeds and almond milk. 

Sometimes I have two slices of Ezekiel toast with vanilla flavored almond butter and a banana on top. With a couple of slices of turkey.
Other times I have oatmeal with strawberries (and always turkey on the side).

I usually like sweeter breakfast foods, but sometimes I'll make an omelet with turkey and mozzarella cheese. I'll have an apple or banana on the side of that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
sounds yummy...except for the turkey...no meat..I'm vegan ...:)

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes