Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any text notifications on Inspire 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my inspire yesterday and ever since I initially activated it, I’ve never been able to get any text notifications. I have an iPhone (iPhone X). I’ve tried all of the following: 

1. Checking all settings between both the Fitbit and the iPhone. All settings are what they should be in order for me to get notifications on the Fitbit.

2. Rebooting the Fitbit - multiple times

3. Switching the “share notifications” off/on and then rebooting the Fitbit 

4. Resetting the Fitbit to factory settings 

At this point, I’m beyond frustrated because I just don’t know why it won’t work at all. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Did you resolve this because mine is doing the same but I can’t calls either.

Best Answer

I had mine in sleep mode and didn't realize it.  Make sure sleep mode and do not disturb are not on.

Best Answer

just got mine today same problem let us know if you get it figured out !  ready to send mine back 

Best Answer

Hello.

I had the same issue and finally today, I went into my IPhone Settings- Notifications- Messages and set Show Previews to Always and it worked! Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Does it vibrate? I am getting notifications now, but no vibration...:-( No phone calls come through either.

Best Answer

No i still cant get texts but i did get the calls 😒

Best Answer

OH my!! Its frustrating for sure!!

Best Answer

It worked! Thanx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it vibrating (I had DND on...doh) When your phone rings, is it a constant vibration until you pick up? Mine is just twice which is easy to miss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, nice! I was getting so frustrated!
When receiving calls my tracker only vibrates once or twice.  It would be nice if it vibrated a little longer.

That’s great!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read on another thread that it should vibrate until you pick up. You should also be able to answer by tapping the screen but that doesn’t work (I know you can’t talk into the device but you should be able to answer.

frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the details shared and the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

As mentioned by others above please confirm your notifications have been properly set up in your Fitbit app, check this article for instructions. If your notifications have been properly set up, check if the Do Not Disturb or Sleep Mode have been activated, this could be the reason why your notifications aren't coming through your tracker or not vibrating. (When activated, the icon will be illuminated to confirm that's on)

If you have an Android phone, you can set your Fitbit device to always send you notifications:

1. Tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > Notifications.
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Okay. I need to look into that. If I can get it to vibrate until I answer, that would be great!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So mine worked for a few days and stopped again. Ugh. Nothing changed at all in my settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might need to upgrade. I have a LG Stylo 5 and I when I first got my fitbit I was so excited 😁. I set it up, turned on the notifications to receive messages and it didn't work. It was basically a pedometer, which upset me a lot. I didn't really have much room to complain though, because I won my Fitbit in a drawing, so I didn't pay for it. To be honest I think they need to do updates for cell phones and the fitbits, because it took a few months until it finally updated to where I do now receive messages and notifications. I just haven't figured out how to receive more messages the only messages I can receive our emails and messages from messenger. I still don't receive text messages, I'm not sure if you can directly contact Fitbit if they can help you, but I feel for you. Also I think Fitbit needs to upgrade the inspire by allowing you to respond or reply to the messages you do receive, it only shows you the notification oh, you should be able to hold in the power button and speak your reply. Sorry about your fitbit problem. Hopefully you get the issue resolved quickly. 

PS.  I'm super jealous of your phone! I started out with galaxies and switch to an iPhone and recently went back to Galaxy, but I'm hoping to switch back to an iPhone fairly quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stostoes Thank you for getting back. Sorry to hear that your notifications stopped working again. 

In this case, please let me know the phone model and OS installed on it. Are you not receiving notifications at all? 

@Nicoleyyy3 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for sharing your experience with your Fitbit. 

In order to better assist you, let me know the Fitbit model that you have. More information about how notifications work can be found in this article. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

it’s take a while but I finally got the vibrating working for some of the notifications. It’s worked for a phone call and Facebook message. My text/iMessage has not shown up as a notification not vibrates though. How can this be fixed?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Darndt A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for letting me know that the vibration is working for some notifications. 

I would like you to confirm, you have followed this procedure to set your notifications, you should be able to receive phone call, text messages, calendar alerts and app notification on your Fitbit Inspire 2.

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i had to go into settings and change messages to preview and it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes