Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How exactly do I restart the Inspire HR? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The restart instructions for the Inspire HR are:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

taken from: Help article: How do I restart my tracker?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

The restart instructions for the Inspire HR are:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

taken from: Help article: How do I restart my tracker?

Best Answer

When I restart my device (Inspire HR), I see the smile face, but it doesn't vibrate. Is that something I should be concerned about? 

Gerry
aka chench53
Best Answer

No. It's not a problem for me.

Best Answer

I have same.  It’s not acceptable to have no vibration 

Best Answer

@Lmbshaw - after the holidays when I have more time, I'm going to chat with customer service. They've been very responsive in the past, and so I'm going to do that, will let you know what they recommend, or work out.

Holiday Cheers to all!

Gerry

Gerry
aka chench53
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue. 

Best Answer

Absolutely worked! Thank you for step by step instructions. You're lifesaver!   🙂

Best Answer

When I try to restart my Inspire HR device, I don't see the smiley face. What does that mean?  Does it have to be at 100% charge to work?

Best Answer

Hello Jan03855 - I think you need a reasonable charge to restart it, so charge it up.

Then do as SteveH says above. Make sure you continue pressing the side button, then it should work as he says.

Gerry
aka chench53
Best Answer

I was gifted an Inspire HR with a clip charger, as opposed to a magnetic charger. Does anyone know if it MUST be attached to a magnetic charger in order to reset? I haven’t been able to reset the IHR at all. I’m curious to see if buying a new magnetic charger would be worth my time or if I’m encountering a different problem all together. 

Best Answer

I saw smiling face icon but it didnt vibrate. What does it mean. 

Best Answer

I tried to restart my inspire HR but it doesn't seem to do anything. Not restarting that's for sure. 

It is not syncing the data to my phone. I am getting notifications and the dashboard on the computer shows the data but it won't show on the phone - this happened after the battery died and hasn't worked right since. I just got this about 4 weeks ago! 
When I push the button it vibrates right away then hold for 5 seconds it doesn't do anything else, just keeps the screen on till I let go.

Help? 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Same here! Help!!

Mine is brand new. Can’t get device paired. Fully charged. No display when I tap - only with the display button. Only displays scrolling www.Fitbit.com/setup. App sees the device but won’t pair. Doesn’t seem to restart. Doesn’t vibrate. 

HELP

Best Answer

Hello everyone, the other day I finally had time to do a chat with the Customer Support folks, and they were very helpful for me. I've also dealt with issues with a previous device using their email customer support. I'd recommend either to anyone having any issues.

I know it took me a while to get used to the touch screen of the HR Inspire. 

Gerry
aka chench53
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue where it won't restart. It's fully charged. I push and hold the button for 5 seconds, it vibrates as soon as I push the button, screen lights up and shows me the battery, then goes black after a few seconds. No smiley face, no vibration.

Anyone got an answer from helpdesk yet on this issue?

Best Answer

Me too! Soooo frustrating.

Same issue here. Time to return I think!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with the restart, and mine won't hold a charge.  It's less than 1 year old.  I charged it to 100% last night, it was dead again this morning.  Charged it again to 89%, went to Lowes and it was dead when I got home. Charged it AGAIN to 76%, it's dropped 20% charge in 15 minutes.  I tried restarting it, it didn't give me a smiley face or vibrate.  I'm getting pretty frustrated with it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I just decided to return and get another one... I’ll let you know! My mom and sister-in-law have the same one, no issues!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was finally able to get through to Fitbit customer service. He had me hold the button until it restarted not just the 5 seconds they say to. Took a good 10-15 seconds. So for those having issues with theirs not restarting give it a try. I don't know if he did anything on his end but mine finally restarted after not being able to get it to for months.

Best Answer