Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adidas training app has no exercise explanation

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I bought my brand new Ionic Adidas edition primarily for its look but the Adidas app is absolutely useless! It only shows a name for an exercise how am I supposed to know what to do? I know some of the exercises but most I have no idea what to do. Is there a way to show a preview as in Fitbit Coach? Did miss it (tried the back shortcut as in the Coach app)?

Please consider updating the app with ANY form of explanation as to what the exercise is.

Currently, you can only see the exercise, go to next/pause, or see a list with the names only of all exercises.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@papachalee40 @STEWEE @Masa1234 Hey folks!

I'm so sorry that your Ionic - Adidas edition watches haven't been showing previews in the training app. Rest assured, this issue has been escalated to our developers and they are prioritizing a fix. I can't provide a timeline for when this will be resolved, but we will make sure to provide you all with updates once we have any more information. 

Be sure to keep your Fitbit watch and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution once we do release a fix. We're sorry for any trouble and appreciate your patience. 

If you need to contact our Customer Support team for any additional help, please follow that link. 

Fitbit Update: 12/5/18

Our team has identified a fix for this issue. Please stay tuned for when the fix will be released. Thanks for your cooperation! More information to come. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Hey there @JR-Fire, it's nice to see you here! To preview a workout, tap the menu icon (the 3 dots) in the top right corner. When you’re ready, tap the Play icon in the bottom right corner. You’ll see a 7 second preview. To skip the preview, tap the Play icon again. Your watch vibrates to let you know when it’s time to start and stop.

I'd recommend to see: How do I use the adidas Train app on Ionic? to get a detailed information about this feature. 

I've moved your post to the Ionic board as there are more chances to get related replies here. 

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,

Thank you for the explanation! I do not see 7-second preview! The exercises just begin one after the other. I can post a short video if it would help.

How can this be? This is the Adidas Train app and the previews are missing (in all the workouts).

My Fitbit Coach app has them alright so that’s why I thought to post here.

I’m on the latest Ionic firmware but I do not think I had them before either.

What can I do to get the previews as should be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @JR-Fire! Let's try the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out from your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your watch 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Once you've done that, please follow once again the steps I've posted in my post above

Hope this time the 7-second preview work, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,

Thank you very much for the advice, but unfortunately it did not work. I still don't have the exercise previews in the Adidas Train app, the exercises just begin counting. I only have previews in the Fitbit Coach app.

Should I try to remove the Adidas Train app? Will I be able to install it again afterwards? Or can I reset my Ionic to try to reinstall everything? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's always a pleasure @JR-Fire! Thanks for the steps you've taken my friend. Robot Very Happy

Yes please, try to remove your Adidas Train app. Before uninstalling your app, I'd recommend to sync your Ionic to make sure all your data will be properly transferred. You will be able to download the app again as the adidas Train app is exclusive to Ionic: adidas edition.  

I'm posting some articles above that should help:

Check this page: https://www.fitbit.com/adidas and please go to the section that says "Unique workouts designed for runners" you'll see Fitbit Ionic with a short description of what you should get when selecting workouts (the 7-second preview), check it out and let me know if you don't get anything like that. 

Looking forward to your response! Have a great weekend too! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,

It turned out the Adidas Train app cannot be removed (like the Weather app). Thanks for the links, yes, the preview is exactly what I'm missing. This seems very unusual, it's almost like on my Ionic a different version of this same app was installed. I tried removing the Ionic from my Fitbit account, log off and restart my phone and the watch and then add it again in the Fitbit app, but that only installed Strava (?!). Nothing else changed, I still don't have the previews in the Train app.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll see if it is possible to factory reset my Ionic (couldn't find an option anywhere).

All the best,

JR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and following the suggestions provided @JR-Fire! Did you already do Factory Reset on your Ionic?

Note that you’ll need to reinstall any apps and music on your device after the reset, and since you haven't synced your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. 

If you have inconveniences after the Factory Reset, this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

After making sure about that, try setting up your Ionic again.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit,

Thanks for all the help. I did reset my Ionic and, unfortunately, that did not fix the Adidas Train app, but broke other apps (most Fitbit apps now can't sync with the Fitbit Mobile app and/or can't sync with it). I'm currently back and forth with support to try and figure out what has gone wrong but it appears the Ionic is unable to connect properly to the Fitbit Mobile app (or keeps downloading incorrect versions of Fitbit apps).

Have a wonderful day,

JR

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a pleasure @JR-Fire! Sorry to hear that your Ionic is having difficulties to connect with other apps. Thanks for letting me know you've reached out our support team. You're in good hands my friend. Robot Very Happy

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance from me. I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found out my Adidas Ionic is having the same issue, were you able to fix it? I've tried factory reset a few times, deleting my Fitbit app and downloading it again, hard restarts. I even deleted the other workout apps provided to see if that did anything (it did not), but nothing seems to work? The pre-workout 'how to' videos were a main selling point for me and come to find out it's the one thing that doesn't work! Please let me know, I'll keep up with the thread. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
No, unfortunately not yet fixed. Actually after a couple of factory resets other Fitbit applications broke, too, and finally Fitbit support determined my Fitbit is broken and actually sent me a replacement (received it yesterday). While some other apps are now working (Weather, yay!), not all are fixed and the Adidas Train app still doesn't have exercise previews.
I'll post if/when I have a final solution 😞
Best regards,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck with your new replacement watch? Fitbit is sending me a replacement, I hope this one doesn't have any issues. Will let you know. Also, I posted something about the missing '7 second preview' and for some odd reason my post has been deleted? Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @JR-Fire and @BeardRunJax! I'm glad to hear that you both were offered a replacement after getting in touch with our Support Team. I'm sure your new tracker will work as expected.

When getting your replacement as you guys already have a Fitbit account, follow the below steps to set up your new tracker on your currently Fitbit account:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Let me know if I can be of further help! 

Best Answer

Replacement watch was useless! Nothing worked on that watch either, now I'm stuck with two watches that don't work properly. Very frustrating. And please don't reply with steps to 'reset' my watch, Ive thrown everything at it an still cant get it to work! I just want a full refund but I can't even get that. What is the next step? Just cut my $400 loss?? Oh, and why was my original post about my Adidas app issue deleted?? I certainly did not delete it. There has been absolutely zero resolution here! What gives?? 

Best Answer

I got this problem like you 

My watch didn’t show the adidas training previews........

I also read all the comment it’s not help me to fixed this I agree with you replacement is useless think

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get the solution for this bug ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, no solution, I open the adidas app from time to time to see if it finally works, but it never does. I just use the FitBit Coach app, that works just fine. Still get the run around for a fix. Hopefully the next patch will has a solution. Good luck!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Ok, thank you. I hopefully too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution for me, either. The replacement updated to the latest firmware and also doesn’t have exercise previews. Fitbit support advised me to do another factory reset and now my replacement watch is stuck in an boot loop:( I wrote to them again but I don’t know if it can be fixed or what can be done.

Best Answer
0 Votes