Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stats not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the new OS update, I am unable to save my custom stats. I like to view particular things when I run, bike, etc. I work out 2-4 times a day, and it is frustrating to have to reset these before every single exercise. Anyone know what is going on with it?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Noticed this today too, very annoying.

I would also suggest that if top and bottom stats are selected these should be unchecked by default in the middle stat as there is no point them being there too when they are always on screen.

Best Answer

@_Mazza_ wrote:

Noticed this today too, very annoying.

I would also suggest that if top and bottom stats are selected these should be unchecked by default in the middle stat as there is no point them being there too when they are always on screen.

I haven’t noticed this on my Ionic...Intresting...

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

@MassiP @IamDefiler @DCY14 @SunriseGirl I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the Exercise App settings not saving on Ionic or Versa.

I've seen similar reports before and Fitbit is currently investigating this. Our team has received the feedback from everyone in this thread and is working to investigate these reports further. I will share updates from the team when I hear them. Thanks to everyone for your reports and understanding.

In the meantime, I recommend performing a couple restarts as this may sort this out for you. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Santi, restarts do not fix this.  I've had the problem since the update to OS2 and reported it long ago.  There are several threads active on the Ionic and Versa Forums where dozens have reported the same problem. Kate has acknowledged the Hardware guys are working on a fix for future update.

Best Answer

Same. Ionic.

Best Answer

Just happened to me as well.  Can confirm that syncing causes the problem.  Will keep adjusting and hope the glitch fixes itself, but an official fix would be nice.

Best Answer

Considering this thread is over a month old and it's happening to me today, I'm thinking that Fitbit isn't working very hard on what should be a simple solution. I'm new to Fitbit and am liking my versa so far, but this kind of bug is a dealbreaker for me.

Best Answer

Same here with Ionic. Very annoying as it worked fine prior to OS update

Best Answer

Yup, I took my Versa back to Target today and went back to my Apple Watch. Fitbit has seriously dropped the ball on cutting into Apple's market share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a fix. You can edit the stats in the fitbit.com dashboard settings and adjust them from there. I’ll update you if it doesn’t work long term.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice, but other than the cue settings there are no options in the dashboard to change what is viewed on each section of the watch face when exercising, particularly choosing the different elements you can scroll through on the middle stat.

Best Answer
Where do you set custom stats on the web site? I can't find it anywhere.

-sandy
Best Answer

You do it on the actual watch.  Choose “Exercise” > Choose the actual exercise you want to customize the stats for (i.e. walk or treadmill) > click the gear in the up left corner > scroll down to “customize stats” and click on it.  You can then customize the top or bottom to be a specific static stat and customize the middle stat for which ones you can “swipe” through.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done that several times and the stat settings always return to default
settings by the next workout.
Best Answer

Cues resetting to factory-default has been a fact of the Ionic since its October 2017 release. Multiple threads have discussed this and described possible solutions. But soon thereafter, the .5 mile cue always returns.

I've engaged in chat sessions with Fitbit reps where they had me to multiple resets, factory resets and assured me the problem is resolved. It never resolves.  btw, 3-resets: that's the 'magic' solution for every Ionic problem.

This was my first indication the Fitbit ride would be a bumpy one. Some cues set perfectly, others reset to their defaults. This seems as if it should be the easiest thing to fix. But not for Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The cues you can set permanently, you just have to do it from the app.  You go to exercise shortcuts, then click each exercise and set the cues from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KyKenD, that's the problem. When you adjust the workout settings, they return to the default. @shielalee You can only set up auto-pause and cues from the dashboard and they seem like the only 2 things that don't revert to the original settings, but only if you do it from there. Sadly, the Customize Stats settings keep reverting to the original defaults. Very aggravated.

Best Answer

Precisely the problem, well described!

Best Answer

Santi, why has this been maked as solution accepted, this is still an ongoing and frustrating issue that should have been an easy fix and resolved by now. Since this post was created Fitbit have released the Versa that has the same issue. Maybe Fitbit should be looking to resolve the current challenges before creating new products with the same error 😡 can you please remove this from a solved status as it is not!!

Best Answer

This issue is NOT solved. I just tested it again immediately before writing this reply. It should NOT be marked solved.

Best Answer