Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stats not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the new OS update, I am unable to save my custom stats. I like to view particular things when I run, bike, etc. I work out 2-4 times a day, and it is frustrating to have to reset these before every single exercise. Anyone know what is going on with it?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Santi,

This is not solved and I do not understand why you have marked it as solved. The problem will be there until you release another update to the Fitbit OS to correct the issue created by the last update!

Best Answer

This is still not fixed. Please update

Best Answer

Mine has only started doing this after support got me to do a reset then a factory reset after a different issue, (I was previously on OS2 without this issue), just wondering if my custom stats stayed before because I had them set while I was on OS1, when I have some time I may try factory reset -> change stats -> sync -> upgrade to OS2 (if it lets me do this in) has anyone tried this??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the custom stats not saving on your Fitbit watches.

Thanks for letting me know that there was an accepted solution on this thread. Even though I didn't mark my post as a solution; I went ahead and unmarked the post as an accepted solution. 

Our team is working to investigate these reports further. Rest assured that I will share updates from the team when I hear them.

Please try the different workarounds from users found on this thread. That could be a temporary workaround and please let me know if it works.

Thanks to everyone for your reports and understanding. Keep me posted!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
There is no temp workaround. The custom stats don’t save. Period. End of story. It’s broke. And it’s been broke for quite some time.

👁
Best Answer
Exactly what Tazhaog said!

Nothing makes this feature work correctly!
Best Answer

There is no solution and no work around.  The fact that it worked before the last OS update that over 6 weeks has passed without a solution makes me seriously question your commitment to fixing it.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer

I have this problem too, on Versa.

It's very annoying.

Best Answer

I've recently had an update notification on my Ionic to OS2.1 . There were no update notes on what the update contained, but my Ionic now seems to keep the custom stats! Another interesting thing I noticed was that the update reset my lap indicator from 1 mile been down to .5 . No big deal as this can be set/saved on the app and watch. So update 2.1 did seem to keep my custom stats, will test again tomorrow as I just did one sync to app to test the update. Can others confirm if they have updated to 2.1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for you patience regarding this situation about custom stats not saving.

Fitbit started to roll out the new OS version for Ionic, OS 2.1. This is a progressive roll out so once you get it please update it. It seems that for some users this has been solved with the new firmware. Please check more details and instructions here.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi Santi, I think I've discovered a new bug in the latest 2.1 update. While the custom stats now seem to be saved on the watch, the lap indicator is now resetting to default ".5" miles. Previously, before 2.1 update, we were able to set the indicator on the Fitbit app and it would save to the Ionic. After update, I noticed my lap indicator reset to .5, not a big deal I thought as I set it back to 1 mile. My app settings also has it at 1 mile. But my Ionic resets it to .5 after each sync. You can also test this by setting lap indicator to a value, like 2 for example, then manual sync, then go back to watch after sync finished, and it'll be back to .5

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bindroid Thanks for your reply and for testing the new Ionic update and reporting this. I'm glad that the custom stats are being saves. It is unfortunate that the lap indicator is not.

Is this only happening with the lap indicator? Have you tried the rest of the stats to check if all of them will save?

Keen to hear if there are more users experiencing the same?

Thanks again for your report. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,

I had this same issue before the update, but the solution was to set the lap through the web dashboard rather than the Ionic itself or mobile app.

Hope this still does the trick, but I've not got the new OS yet to try it out.

Best Answer

Thanks DCrunner, that does the trick. After the 2.1 update , your custom stats will be saved now. The lap indicators will be reset to .5 but like you mentioned, update that setting thru the web dashboard (not on watch or Fitbit app) and it'll get pushed out to your Ionic after a sync.

Still believe that it's a bug that needs to be addressed however as most people adjust via watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way of forcing the update as I still haven't received it and this is becoming very frustrating 😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously, just upgraded to 2.1 and the same problem, as soon as it syncs it resets...EDIT.....works after full reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded to OS 2.1 last night and customized exercise stats are NOT saving!!  Ya’ll need to figure this out and fix it once and for all.  #FAIL

Best Answer

I had the same issue, completed a full reset and it works now, or seems to be working 🤞🤞🤞

Best Answer

The new update v2.1 seems to have solved the problem for me!

I can change the Lap settings, the generic Workout settings (connected gps, auto pause, etc.), and the Custom Stats (that display on screen during the workout) on my device and they're all saved through sync. Without a Factory Reset.

I went ahead and did a Factory Reset anyway and after setting up my device again all stats are  still saving through sync and everything seems to be working smoothly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated my Versa to the latest Fitbit OS 2.1 and that didn’t fixe the problem. I have Quick Replies now but something as basic as saving preferences on the watch still isn’t fixed? Come on Fitbit. That’s just disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes