Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stats not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the new OS update, I am unable to save my custom stats. I like to view particular things when I run, bike, etc. I work out 2-4 times a day, and it is frustrating to have to reset these before every single exercise. Anyone know what is going on with it?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

Same here.  Just updated to the new version on my Ionic and Custom Stats still don't stick. 

Very disappointing .

Best Answer

I installed the firmware update Friday. 

Before Friday the custom stats on my Ionic would not save. 

With the update installed not only do my custom stats still not save, but my Ionic will no longer receive text notifications like it used to. Awesome.

I called FB and walked through every step...reset this, uninstall/reinstall that. I even factory reset the Ionic. Finally I was told to "just keep watching and in a couple of days it should be fixed and start working fine". That's when I knew I was being blown off.

I am now the proud owner of s $300 pedometer! Great.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated to new OS yesterday. At the moment the problem seems to be resolved 🤞🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa with 32.32.10.15 and an iPhone 7plus with latest iOS firmware. Custom stats still not saving. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this as I see some people saying that the new os fixed it for them. Can’t tell if it’s only fixing for ionic users or if Versa users have had any luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an Ionic running 27.32.10.15 syncing with a Google pixel xl phone
and custom stats are not sticking for me either.

-sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Uncheck stats and it reverts to all almost immediately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Latest update fixed this for me. Just tested.

fitbit Sense
T-Mo Sammy S21 Ultra Running Android OS 11
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Santi,

I am having this very same issue on the new Fitbit Versa. Has anyone found a solution to this problem of not being able to save customized settings on our exercise options on the watch itself? I did not see the option available on the app either.

Help!!!

Angelique.DeSilva@gmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try doing a factory reset. On the watch itself, go to settings > about >
factory reset. Even after the most recent software update, it still wasn't
saving the custom stats, but as soon as I did a full factory reset, it
works like a dream. It's a pain in the butt, but totally worth it to make
the stats save. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

From fitbit support:
Chris:Hi Troy, My name is Chris. How can I help you?
Me:I have a versa and I like to run. Before I go to run I custom set my Versa display to show (from top to bottom) distance, pace, heart rate. The problem is I have to set those settings every time before I go for a run.
Chris:Thank you for reaching us today, at this moment there isn't an option to leave the order of those stats permanently setup, however, I think that it is a great idea!
Chris:The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features). Please take a moment to visit and post this great idea!
Me:It is very very annoying to have to set that every time.
Chris:I can only imagine.
Chris:However, I think that it is a great option to be implemented in the near future.

My feature request:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Versa-save-exercise-running-customs-settings/idi...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @WolfRunner @IamDefiler I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your reports regarding the preferences not being saved on Ionic.

I've seen that some users got this fixed by updating Ionic to its new firmware version, just as @IamDefiler. If you haven't done so already, please update it and try the preferences. Please let me know your results.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing you experience with custom stats not saving on your Fitbit watches.

I'm very glad to see that a lot of you got this resolved by updating Ionic/Versa to their latest firmware versions. If you haven't done so already, please update it.

If you already updated, but still the stats are not saving; please perform a restart on Ionic/Versa as this seems to have helped other users to get this sorted.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi Santi, thanks for your update. I tried this process, including updating, factory resetting, updating again, and then resetting. It looks like saving custom stats still doesn't work--more specifically, it works for Run but not the other exercises. Please advise?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Using latest update and restarted, not saving custom stats on runs for me.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last update doesn't solve on bike for me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

@livvers Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your reply and for trying all of those steps in order to sort this out. Also, thanks for providing that specific information about the activities in which this works and doesn't.

So, it is working only for Run? The other activities will not save its stats?

@jwebb72 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out. Also, thanks for confirming it is not working for your runs. Is it working for your other exercise types?

@dasa Thanks for your reply and for confirming that this is not working for your bike rides. Is it working for your other exercises? Or is it only not working for bike?

Keen to hear if this is working just for some specific exercises and not for others? 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Yes, that is correct. I've tried this with Swim, Bike, and Walk, none of which have worked. I've also tried changing the order of the exercises, since I wondered if it saved only the first. Ordering didn't seem to matter--it was the activity itself. Thanks for following up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR

I tested all the exercises I have on my watch, none of them save custom stats.

Run, Walk, Hike, Yoga, Interval, Weights, and Workout

Seems to change back to defaults when it syncs with the Fitbit app. Didn't change being connected to the app by bluetooth only, with no internet. As soon as I was connected to the Fitbit app with internet, it changed back to defaults. Hope this helps.

Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer

It saves all my stats on the Ionic but not on the Versa.

Best Answer
While I haven't actually exercised yet (recovering from injury), I changed
the custom stats for running, swimming, walking and golf on my Ionic and
when i go back in they appear to be sticky.

-sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes