Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic counting steps while not in use

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting yesterday afternoon (10/4) my Ionic began to count steps nearly continuously. I have tried to restart 4 times now, and nothing seems to fix the continuous step count.

I have completed the update, but nothing seems to be helping the sensor to act as normal. Any help would be appreciated!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
54 REPLIES 54
Do you work for Fitbit? We have all tried and called Fitbit on multiple
occasions....
Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not work for fitbit.

I went to online chat and worked through that channel to start.
Best Answer
0 Votes

"@augiemyson @Lucylove89 @brbates99 @rletchford Thanks for your feedback. For those who haven't tried it already, you can perform a factory reset of your Fitbit Ionic by doing the following, but keep in mind that you apps, stored data, personal information, credit and debit cards, and saved settings will be deleted from the device:"

This is one of the laughable responses. If you had read my post, you would notice that I and many others have tried the factory reset and indeed my device stopped having the issue. The problem though is that the device required me to do an upgrade (the device would not do anything without this). Once the upgrade was performed the issue returned. Thus proving what I have already said,, you know this is either a software issue introduced by your developers or it is a combination software and hardware issue. Either way, you are well aware of the problem by now and I am certain your tech team knows the root cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or just give up. Fool me once shame on me, stuff breaks again, shame on you

V/R,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I just read a lot of forums and tech advice threads

V/R,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SEKeener @Lucylove89 @rletchford and @brbates99. Your comments and feedback are always greatly appreciated. Sorry for the delayed response.

@SEKeener Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit. I'm glad to hear that your replacement is working just fine. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. About your input regarding to our replacements, depending on available inventory, we sometimes issue factory-certified refurbished products as warranty replacements. These are typically products that were returned to Fitbit unused for reasons like wrong size and wrong color. This product is tested and determined to work like new, with minimal wear and tear.

@brbates99 I really appreciate the time you've taken to troubleshoot your Fitbit Ionic. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry for the misunderstanding, we try to check with our users all the troubleshooting steps for this issue before checking with our support team. I'd like to request a ticket for you, as you have already tried all the steps. 

@Lucylove89 Our team reviews your warranty information to provide you with the best option in each case. Nevertheless, I really appreciate your feedback; this is the best way to make your voice heard. Using a discount to get back on track, it'd be a good option for a person that is considering staying within the Fitbit family. Sorry you feel this is enough. This is an option that Fitbit gives as something extra, since most of companies don't have options after the warranty ends.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

am on my 3 rd fit bit device in 6 years, will never buy another as all have failed after appx 2 years. Yesterday my Iconic just started counting steps continuously, I have tried everything, resetting watch, factory reset, long conversations with the help line, in the end they told me they can not replace it as I bought it from an unauthorized seller. What does that mean, how am i supposed to know what an authorised seller is when I bought if from brand new off online shopping site Lazada (like Amazon) in Malaysia. I'm a UK citizen based in Malaysia. Surely the warranty lies with the OEM, fitbit.

Anyhow I give up with them, after 6 years I'm changing to Apple, as I have lost all faith in Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome to the club!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around @KevinDavidHayes and @rletchford.

Sorry for the issues with your Fitbit Ionic devices. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. I noticed that you got in touch with our team, please keep communication with them open to get more details about your warranty opitons.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I was informed by the Customer service that I can not claim on the warranty as I purchased the ionic from online shopping company through Lazada and they are not authorised Dealer, so how does that leave my position.

Regards,
Kevin
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Eventually I contacted the original non authorised seller through the online shopping platform...to my amazement they were happy to replace my ionic with a new one even after the 12 month guarantee had expired and take up the issue with fitbit themselves....very happy chappy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this issue got any updates at all? My Fitbit was fine yesterday, went flat, charged it, put it in and I managed to do 14,900 steps whilst sleeping in bed, with a heart rate of 160! Steps are still going up like seconds now. I’ve this replacement for a year! It’s not good enough!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No fixes other than a discount.
Best Answer
0 Votes

rletchford, that is a very true statement...

Best Answer
0 Votes

same happened to me with my Ionic, Fitbit would not replace but the reseller did even though just over the 12 month warranty, will see how long this one lasts. My impression this is a common problem and no matter how nice the customer service is on line, they can not fix this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes