Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3.

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback in the comments below. 🤖

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
394 REPLIES 394

Hi @Iain_K thank you for getting back to me. You can read more about your inquiry here. If you need help with your Fitbit Ionic I'll be glad to keep assisting you. 

@CraigR1 If you need more details about the information that our team provided you via chat, I can request a case for you. As mentioned above our team is checking each case individually and providing the best option for each one of our users. 

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit 

I see that you will engage with some users but not others?

can you explain this please?

my question has been consistently ignored 

Best Answer

One of the things that baffles me is how anyone like me with a bricked device (ionic) can even begin to upgrade when our devices can't even turn on, let alone sync. It would seem that we are left with being shafted and no explanation or solutions. Or am I missing something here? In the mean time I now have a Samsung Galaxy Active2 device and loving it. Until Fitbit can resuscitate my perfectly good Ionic (before the 22 April 2020) or replace it I will continue to speak out about this outrage. How do you like my new device 🤣🤣

20200522_155824.jpg

Best Answer

"Thank you all for your feedback"

Ha ha ha ha ha

Some feedback clearly more welcome than others

Best Answer

22nd April to 22 May, weeks later and my Ionic is like still flashing logo on and off until battery goes flat😔🤔🤫

Best Answer

My Ionic quit recording steps and heart rate. Received notice e of new update this morning. Figured since it wasn't any good as it was. Got the update. Now everything works so far. Hope this is helpful and latest update fixes everyone's firmware issues.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, the new firmware didn't fix any of the issues created by the previous one for me.

Fitbit rolled out a firmware that bricked my perfectly good ionic, and have absolutely no interest in fixing that problem.  Instead they're more focused on making sure people don't talk about these failures.

Best Answer

Add me to the list, my ionic is no longer tracking my steps or heart rate 

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit @MattFitbit What on earth does this have to do with anything that I posted?

I, and many other customers, asked for more information regarding the update.  We asked nicely, we have asked many times in many threads regarding previous firmware updates. What we would like, please, is actual useful information, regarding what exactly these buggy updates are supposed to address.   

After the hassle and inconvenience of having to argue my point with Fitbit to get a replacement in the past after an update bricked my device I wont just blindly run the update, I want to make an informed choice.   Every time there is an update users ask for more information, surely someone within Fitbit can supply it cant they?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Did this fix repair the Pandora / Watch crash issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi kboyster,

YojanaFitbit had a comment in her most recent reply... 

"We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed."

This suggests that the current 70.80.0 firmware is being actively altered, and fixes applied - but to the same FW number. Interesting - but not going off topic with that little minefield.

So your recent update may be different from previous 70.80.0 releases. Would be nice to have this confirmed. Doesn't help those who have bricked devices though.

Best Answer

Just finished a 10 mile hike on a new trail, 2,200' elevation gain.  My Ionic dutifully recorded everything but, because there's a firmware update waiting, the Ionic won't sync.  Also, the firmware update fails every time with the dreaded red X on the Ionic.  So now I'm going to have to attempt a factory reset of the Ionic, thereby losing the GPS track of the hike and everything else that hasn't synced.

Google please just fire all these fools and put in people who know how to code.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thank you for getting back to me. Welcome to the Community Forums @kboyster. Thank you for helping other users @PaulMe.

@Rosco200 sorry for the misunderstanding. At this moment, we don't have more specific details to add regarding this update. We really appreciate your feedback and the time you've spent to share your comments.

@ifatokun thank you for sharing this image. If you need more details about the information that our team provided you when you called last February, I can request a case for you. As mentioned above our team is checking each case individually and providing the best option for each one of our users. We really appreciate your feedback. 

@kboyster I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit is back to normal. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

@crazybuckeye thank you for sharing your comments. I noticed that you have a case open for this situation. Please keep communication open with our team, they will be glad to keep assisting you.

@Damons sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Ionic. Please restart your Fitbit and follow the suggested steps here: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

@clintau If you're having issues with Pandora when listening music, please delete the Pandora app, restart your Ionic and try to download it again. You will find the details here: How do I listen to Pandora stations on my Fitbit watch?

@gharris9999 sorry to hear about what you're experiencing with your Ionic. We recommend trying some troubleshooting steps to reconnect your Fitbit with your syncing device, so you don't loose your data. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Restart your Ionic and try to update it again, if you're going to attempt the factory reset on your Ionic. Remember to remove your Ionic first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone. 

To all Ionic user please have in mind that we started releasing this is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'll be glad to keep assisting you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi DM58,

At the top of the page is a pink bar saying FB are aware "an issue" affecting syncing, pairing and FW updates. I guess when that disappears - ALL IS GOOD!

😏

Best Answer

I guess so many are trying to post that the site keeps having errors. SMH.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update killed my Ionic. I'm sick over this. I have stayed loyal to Fitbit for many years but, I cannot afford a brand new device right now... much less a new device every year, nor should I have to. My Ionic is just shy of 11 months old and regular device replacement due to defects has been an issue I've had with Fitbit for the past 3+ years. You guys are going to force your customers to buy other brands. I know I'm over it.

Best Answer

A smooth update in 8 minutes.  Syncing is working as normal. My Ionic is approaching 2 years old and has always worked flawlessly.

I make sure I have the WiFi on and synced to the Fitbit before any update and this has always worked..

I don't have All Day Sync set, and only Always Connected  set.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I feel your pain my fellow Ionic sufferer😪😔😪

Best Answer

Don't jinx it my friend, be glad such an excellent watch is flawed by its updates/ coders😔

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit 

I have already restarted it twice no luck. It was fine till this update.

@Damons sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Ionic. Please restart your Fitbit and follow the suggested steps here

Best Answer