Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3.

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback in the comments below. 🤖

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
394 REPLIES 394

After this software update my ionic is not working.what to do ? Pls help me

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
Thank you. As of this March it maked 2yrs so I'm still out. Ugghhh seems
like everybody that bought ionic is out in the cold with a non working
practically new ionic. Fitbit should refund or fix everyone's. This is
ridiculous. I don't just have 200+ dollars laying around to buy another
while they keep selling faulty devices and lining their pockets
Best Answer

Different device but same topic (Faulty Firmware)

My wife had a Versa but then I upgraded her to a Versa 2 months ago - and we've both been holding off on installing this update (mine on my Ionic) until Fitbit confirms this has been fixed and safe to install.

We gave/loaned her original Versa to a friend who started running with it. He just told me it stopped working...and I asked him if he installed the update (even though I could've sworn I warned him against it).

Unfortunately he did install it, and now feels horrible that he bricked our device...even though it's NOT HIS FAULT.

I've directed him to Fitbit support but it's so old, not sure it's worth anything now. Potential new customer?

Best Answer

Making an account because my fitbit ionic is stuck on the logo screen and is not switching on further. I can't see how to open a case, would you open one for me? This sucks, it was working fine until last night when I updated it.

Best Answer
I am not a Socrates with Fitbit except as a user. I sm also having problems
with my Ionic. The fitbit portion of my email address is the email Iaccount
i use for fitbit correspondence. Try contacting Fitbit support or customer
rather than using the community blog. It doesn't seem they pay attention to
the blog. I have contacted support, 2 days ago. So far I have not yet heard
back. I also am looking for another brand of tracker.
Best Answer

Update: Now my husbands Fitbit Ionic is having the same issues. It’s not completely dead yet, but it’s just a matter of time. The battery drains out in only a few hours, it’s not accurately tracking steps, it’s not syncing and the screen is going dark. I suspect that the battery in the Ionic may just have a really short overall life. This experience is the tipping point. Two Ionics less than two years old are done. The decision to move to a different fitness tracker platform just got a whole lot easier. 

Best Answer

Well I bought a Ionic (I rather like the design and functionality). I already had the app on my iPhone (Aria and One). When I added the Ionic into my Devices within the app, I noticed that there was a new version of the firmware available: 27.70.8.0. I was tempted to NOT accept the update, given the long list of serious problems listed on this forum.

I also loaded 5 clock faces, several apps and changed some options. Have been using GPS when Running/Walking with no problems. Ionic still has 44% of battery life at day 3. Great!

Why are all these other Ionic owners having so many problems. How do I protect my device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 
If 70.80.0 is your first update, my suggestion is keep only one latest update on your watch.How? Do a Factory reset before any update.
Why? A new Ionic never failed when it was added to Fitbit app the first time.I think Fitbit team only tested their released update with new device.For devices accumulated a couple of updates already, there is no garantee to free of being bricked.
It is troublesome to reset and install again, but, it is safe.
My replacement Ionic survived for the last 2 updates with Factory reset.
Of course, 2 updates only maybe are not enough to prove my theory. Will keep post in the community for incoming updates.
You cant wait to see if I am right. 

傳送自 Yahoo奇摩電子信箱 Android 版

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Yeah wow 25% discount amazing, bought myself a non Fitbit. Even though  my Fitbit was a little over 2 years old this shouldn’t have happened and then 25% discount is not enough for a problem they created 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 questions. My wife has a Ionic. I did the update and got it bricked. My wife has the update still pending. Should my wife do the update or is their a way to bypass the update so as not flash up on top he screen. 2nd does any one know what a Ionic pebble is?

Is anyone replying here as it is Monday now.

Best Answer

I have no idea why but mine quit after a recent update. I do not work for and am not associated with fitbit. Based on my and everyone else's experiences with updates I wouldn't update yours until fitbit gets the issues fixed. Mine has not worked now for about a month and I am stillwaiting for a response from customer service.

Best Answer

Hi, @Hubeekm 

1) Your wife should ignore as much as she can the "Update your Ionic" message inside the Fitbit mobile app. That's what I am doing. My first Fitbit Ionic got bricked by the previous update, I got a replacement and I am afraid to update this one right now. So, I am ignoring it completely.

2) A Fitbit pebble is just the Ionic watch device alone, with no other accessories.

Thanks,
Julian

Best Answer

Good luck! Mine did the same and their response is to offer me 25% off of a new one. Right now the Father's Day sale is a better deal than what they offered for a problem they caused. I am done with Fitbit! Bought myself a Garmin today.

Best Answer

It should be a 100% discount or a full refund of the original purchase price.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.1.3 I want you to know that your voices have been heard and this feedback has been forwarded to our team.

I've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Ionic. You can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tipsYou can let us know if none of those steps work, so we can request a case for you.

• If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? If the steps don't work, you can attempt the factory reset on your Fitbit. Remember to remove your watch first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  • If you've noticed issues with the battery of your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?  
  • If you're having issues with your sleep detailsrestart your Ionic and check the information on this help article: Why don't I see sleep stages today? 
  • In case that you're having GPS issues try to restart your Ionic and confirm if you keep having this issue while recording your exercise. Try to use different exercises and confirm what model of phone you're using to sync as well. Please keep in mind this information too: GPSIf after doing so you still have this issues please let me know so I can request a case for you. Our team is currently checking what happened in each case.

At this time, we'll be closing this thread since it has became off topic. If you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and you still need assistance, please open a new thread on the Ionic board, provide as many details related to this issue in your post so we can request a case for you. Our support team will be assisting as soon as possible.

One more thing to mention, if you have questions related to your warranty you can check this page or keep communication open with our support team for more details. 

Thanks again for all your contributions to this thread. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes