Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Ionic family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3.

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren’t distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback in the comments below. 🤖

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
394 REPLIES 394

Thank you! I will try this and a factory reset! 🤞🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a CSR reach out to me for my dead Ionic, and it appears there isn’t anything else that can be done. I was offered a 25% off coupon, but I’m not interested in buying another. I was holding onto hope that something else could be done to awaken and revert the firmware on my Fitbit, but it is truly bricked from the update. 

I’m giving my Aria to a friend and looking at the Garmin Venu and Fenix series, or maybe even going back to my Apple Watch Series 4. It’s a shame, as I really liked the sleep tracking Fitbit offers compared to the competition. 

Best Answer

All Australian's with bricked Ionics, we have a 2 year warranty under our Consumer Law. I had my ionic replaced in May because it was bricked.

Best Answer

IMG_20200612_193600.jpg

 I'm awaiting my replacement, but found this fun. Mine went sentient and is probably communicating with SkyNet. My wrist is now the red light district.

Best Answer
Agree. It's a horrible situation.
Best Answer

Hi everybody, your feedback is greatly appreciated and as we mentioned before we've sent this information to our team. 

Thank you for reporting this issues with our customer support. If you already have a case open, please keep communication open with them. They will be checking what happened in each case. They can also give you more details about Fitbit warranty, you can read more details about it here.

Please note this thread is to provide support, share feedback and help you with questions related to Ionic Firmware Update (70.80.0). Please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic. I've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Ionic. You can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Ionic here

If you run into any trouble updating Ionic, review these troubleshooting tips

• If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Later on try to restart  your Fitbit Ionic one more time. If this doesn't work, you can attempt the factory reset on your Fitbit. Remember to remove your Ionic first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  • If you've noticed issues with the battery of your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?  
  • If you're having issues with your sleep detailsrestart your Ionic and check the information on this help article: Why don't I see sleep stages today?  
  • In case that you're having GPS issues try to restart your Ionic and confirm if you keep having this issue while recording your exercise. Try to use different exercises and confirm what model of phone you're using to sync as well. Please keep in mind this information too: GPSIf after doing so you still have this issues please let me know so I can request a case for you. Our team is currently checking what happened in each case.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'll be glad to keep assisting you.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response to this issue but there was no fix for a bricked
ionic!
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have no idea. I do not work for Fifteen and my Ionic is now only use able
as a watch
Best Answer

I updated to this version and it ruined my battery. Before the update, I can get 4-5 days on my Ionic. Immediately after the update, my Fitbit became very hot and the batter was completely drained. I managed to charge it back up by now, the watch only lasts around 20 hours. Fitbit can check it's email server when the daily reminder of my Fitbit battery getting drained started. This isn't acceptable. I can't seem to make any fitbit device last for at least 2 years.

I live in the EU and I expect some kind of repair or replacement for this as the warranty is meant to be 2 years.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit How about an "explanation" or official statement from Fitbit as to "why" these issues are happening? Are they saying it's the individual devices, or an issue with the released firmware itself?

Can we please be told if/when the firmware will be fixed so the rest of us can feel confident about updating our Ionics?

Many of us have old devices that have expired warranties. No way do I want to pay 75% on a replacement device.

Best Answer
well... since everything is 25% off right now and its a non stacking
discount its not really a discount they have given us is it.
Best Answer

At least they are willing to do this for you. I didn't get that they gave me option for a discount 20% for a new fitbit. I want my ionic and it working. Keep us posted please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit  I hope this is true.  Can you all fix mine as well or replace it if i send it in? I have the original box and can get receipt where i bought it also. I really loved my ionic and just want it to work. Please help us. A lot of folks on here with same issues   

Best Answer

Anyone found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TAChapman 

Yes. That's exactly what my first Ionic did before completely dying on me. Even with the vibration and different colors from the HR LEDs. It was something like fireworks - then - dead! 

Best Answer

Same with mine. Can't even reinstall the app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having issues with my ionic since last firmware update as well. Ridiculous. Have not change positioning but, keep getting "inconsistent heart rate" notifications. How do I revert back to previous firmware? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Installing a previous FW is not an option. Otherwise most of the owners/participants on this site would have rolled back. Best you can do is *hope* the next FW release fixes some issues. I expect it may be a while before the next update is released.  A lot to fix!

Best Answer

@fEDu

Whilst I'm enjoying my Ionic (on the latest FW) I'm hoping it lasts a few years. I have a screen film protector on - with a 4 pack of eBay glass protectors on the way. Plus, I bought one of those silicone housing protectors - slightly fugly in appearance - but I've got used to it. I've also decided swimming is too great a risk - unfortunately.

I'm doing everything I can to make it last. Won't be purchasing another, if it dies.

Best Answer

Same thing happened with me. What to do know 

Best Answer