Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Pay support in India

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will fitbit pay support indian banks?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hello @Timothynissy. please tap the wallet. Then tap the plus in the top right, and make sure you contact the help number on your card. photocollage_201962514323063.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rich_Laue, Pls read this thread heading carefully, "Fitbit Pay support in India", it's not yet supported in India.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what is it about the Indian government that is blocking Fitbit pay, Apple pay, Samsung Pay. Google Pay says they will soon have limited support in India. 

It is still a case of the bank needs to add Fitbit, if they can not do this, then something is blocking them. Which will require Fitbit to reach out to the India organization that has put the ban on this. 

Best Answer

Samsung pay works perfectly fine here in India and have been using it since 5 years now(when s7 edge was launched). Fitbit needs to up their game and get it introduced into Indian market if they wanna increase their sales. Or i would rather go for a Samsung smartwatch next. 

Best Answer

Its 2020 now..when you are planning to launch fitbit pay in India? PATHETIC!

Best Answer

That would probably either be up to the country of India, or the Indian Banks. 

Fitbit can not add banks, Fitbit does not have access to the banks computer to do so. Someone in the bank has to setup Fitbit pay. 

Fitbit already has setup every thing needed for any bank to hop on board. 

If a bank does not offer Fitbit pay it is because the bank has not taken steps to setup Fitbit pay or their government will not allow. 

Unfortunately the best course for the user is to contact the number on the back of their card. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich for your reply 🙂 I agree to your point and makes sense.It totally depends on the bank to chose fitbit as a payment option. But my primary concern is there is no option of fit bit pay/wallet option in the fitbit mobile app(I am not sure this issue is there only for me in India).I would like to hear from others too..So basically the fitbit pay option should be there in app and then the points you told will be valid..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Disappointed with reply, yes it's true that Bank should provide support for fitbitpay to the users, at the same time it's fitbit's  responsibility to work with Indian banks and enable this, users cannot approach Banks for this feature as it's of nomean for banks. It's been 2yrs now I wrote on this thread and still waiting for it.

Best Answer
Thanks for your update.I am facing another issue.Unable to access app or
website from my wifi IP.please wahitelist ASAP

The owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned your IP address
(112.133.237.7).

Attached screenshot for your reference.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @aravindjl this is not something your fellow Fitbit users will be able to help with. 

You will need to contact Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh it was by mistake it got posted here..I was replying to fitbit support which somehow landed here..thanks for your reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, Finally the latest update update version of fitbit app includes wallet icon, yes for Indian time zone app too. Let me know if anyone got success in registration of card on wallet, no success for me as I keep getting error "Error registration of Charge 3" when I try to enter and configure wallet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried registering the card and failed. The problem is we can't add any Indian Credit or Debit card (due to no approval from RBI). Samsung pay is working in India because it is using

Best Answer
0 Votes

@abhijeetshm your saying that your bank is supporting Fitbit, but you can not add it? At what step does the failure occur? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The failure occurs when you add any card number and 3 digit code and click proceed. Also i dont see "india" in the suported banks and countries provided by fitbit doc. So in India its not yet implemented i guess.Only the wallet option appreared in app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a question- if I buy a fitbit versa 2 in India can I use fitbit pay in the UK (if I have a Santander bank card let's say?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is taking too long to enable fitbit pay in India and is not sharing any update with the Fitbit users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has everything setup for Fitbit pay. 

It is normally up to the bank to add Fitbit pay. 

For India their seems to be another problem in that Android, Apple, Samsung, and Google pay none of these work in India. 

It seems that there Banking System can not support this technology. 

Screenshot_20200407-104507_Chrome.jpg

It's funny what Uncle Google can find out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich  It looks like Uncle google could not tell you that Samsung Pay with NFC works perfectly fine since around 2016 i.e. 4 years now. So no, its not a problem with banking system. My guess is that the company needs to initiate the discussions with the banks to get it added, Which FitBit is not doing at the moment I guess. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit really doesn't and should not have to research to get a list of every bank in the world, then reach out to each bank. 

Apple and Garmin suggest that their users contact the help number on the back of the card. 

Best Answer
0 Votes