Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the Pandora app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Pandora App is more likely to not sync than work.  The help boards list multiple "fixes" that only fix the problem once.  Why not fix the app and the sync capability of the Ionic and Pandora?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @FlyFrosty,

From experience, I don't agree with your first statement. Mine has worked most of the time, assuming I'm leaving it on the charger for long enough.

For times that it wasn't updating, I discovered that the Pandora phone app was also having troubles. Right now my phone only has 1 station on it. Eventually it will sync up, but there's no way I know to permanently fix it. I've opened tickets with Pandora but the problem clears up before they get back.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad your experience is better than many of ours.  I know you have been active in this topic (I see your responses in the Pandora threads) and do appreciate your efforts.  However, I would argue that you contradict yourself in your second paragraph in acknowledging there is a problem with your ticket submittals. 

The only way I have gotten Pandora to sync is to do a factory reset, and then it only works once and usually takes several hours.  (Following Fitbit's instructions  here:  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2260/).  I have plugged in my phone and Ionic within 3 feet, line of site of my router and verified both were on the exact same wifi.  After an entire night, Pandora still will not sync (yes...I have a paid Pandora account in good standing).

I stand by my statement and am certain that I am not alone in this assertion.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/RESOLVED-Can-t-Sync-Pandora-Stations/td-p/2279829

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Pandora-issue-like-no-other/m-p/2520139#M34122

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Pandora/td-p/2273445

My guess is that most people have simply given up and switched to downloading their own music or given up on their Ionic completely.  I am simply asking for the advertised function to function as advertised.

Best Answer

I have used the force sync now option found in the Fitbit app - ionic - music

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes.  Usually not.  It definitely is not step 4, "Plug your watch into the charger. Stations download automatically when the watch is charging and in range of your Wi-Fi network..."  And I have never come close to each station only taking 15 minutes to download (more like 45 minutes to an hour each).

I appreciate you trying to give solutions (I honestly have tried them all, including while on the line with tech support 3 different times) but I have to ask... Why can you not admit that the Pandora App does not function as advertised and it is need of repair? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since we are simply fellow Fitbit users, we are only able to offer our experiences. I don't think anyone has said the download process is quick.

What has support say?

I do agree that sometimes it takes a while for the tracker to connect when charging, and why I use the start sync now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support says that, since after doing a factory reset and doing a force start Pandora syncs,  there is no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@FlyFrosty wrote:

I am glad your experience is better than many of ours.  I know you have been active in this topic (I see your responses in the Pandora threads) and do appreciate your efforts.  However, I would argue that you contradict yourself in your second paragraph in acknowledging there is a problem with your ticket submittals.

Could you explain the contradiction? I just noticed that when the Ioinc was having issues with Pandora, so was the phone app. The ticketing process with Pandora was less-than-satisfying, but that's not Fitbit's fault..

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed that sometimes when my Fitbit is not sending to the phone, my phone is also not able to access my wifi networked scanner. If that a problem with the Fitbit app, tracker, or the phone? A restart of the phone gets everything working. BTW Android phones share the antenna with Bluetooth and wifi, which may explain why both are affected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was merely pointing out that it was bad enough that you had trouble tickets open with Fitbit.  I appreciate that it started working for you, but it was bad enough for long enough that you had to open trouble tickets.  I do not consider this functioning.

So...I go back to the Pandora App (system?) does not function as advertised.  I would like them to get together and fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going to connect my watch to my phone's hotspot tonight and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the ticket @WavyDavey opened was with Pandora not Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plugged my phone and my Ionic in next to each other.  I attached my Ionic wifi to the hotspot on my phone then force synced them.  8 Hours later, I had 2 usable stations on my watch.

So, while I managed to force 2 channels to y tracker...Fitbit, this app does not work.  Please fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes