Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

Strange!

Quick response works perfect!

GPS, heart rate, steps = more or less Ok, after severel restarts or similar actions. Charge 2 was much better!

Notification from apps like Essential PIM works perfect.

Manual start of action, only that has GPS is working. No GPS when using automatic. Not logical to me!

Time only accurate whe I often synchronize.

No sleep stages but Fitbit tells that they use moving data and HRV.

I dispute that and can't see that they have considered people with cardiac arrhythmia in they research.

Fitbit is not able to show where are the data is missing, which data is exactly missing, if the signal strength is to low?

Or bad Bluetooth connection, data lost? Server problem... etc.

Nothing is clear.

With app HR Graph on Ionic you can see good data and graph, unfortunately nothing to save but you can take pictures.

I couldn't find gaps. Only whe I charge the Ionic. Same in dashboard!

Also still missing active sensor for recognition of sleep apnea.

Nice design. Very good idea.

All problems more or less since beginning of Ionic.

I can't understand the development.

Hopefully Fitbit can do more!

Thanks!!!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Matt,

I was originally a member of the forum where the calibration message kept popping up. It was solved; however, since the update, it started popping up again at 8am and 8pm daily. Even when calibrating and getting the green checkmark, it has come back again this morning. Have you heard of anyone else having the calibration message start up again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mevalle I have experienced this as well, and mentioned it earlier in this thread. I stopped the daily reminders by restarting the Ionic (just like with the previous update).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted my watch a few times since the update as my steps have lagged and stopped counting a few times. Still experiencing the calibration message. The previous updates were not resolved for me after restarting my watch. Thank you for letting me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Afternoon,

Well I've reached the point of frustration where the fit bit may be tossed into a pond.  Short story the fitbit won't update to OS 2.1.  

Unpaired the fitbit from the phone, did a hard rest. 

Deleted the Ionic off of my fit bit account.

Deleted the fit bit app from IPhone 6

Restarted the phone

re-downloaded and updated the Fit Bit app to latest edition

Restarted the Ionic

Added the Ionic back to the fit bit app account

Reconnect the bluetooth setting

Reconnect the wifi settling.

Resynched the Ionic

Start the download for the latest firmware 2.1 download

It starts to download.

Blue bar starts going across the fitbit screen

When the fit bit app reaches 70% download the fitbit app reads "Failed to download"

Fitbit is locked frozen in download mode.

Fitbit requires a hard reset to become "Unfrozen"

The download process to reach 70% is taking est 2 hours before it craps out.

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life has completely tanked since the update; it lasts less than a day now, where I was getting a good three days before. I'm going to try factory resetting my Ionic, since this seems to have worked for others in the thread, but this is really disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rediculous that there are this many problems!  I will NEVER connect any financial accounts to this thing!  So unreliable!

BTW, my ionic won't connect to my phone anymore either... 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds way too familiar. If it's through your phone and and you have both WiFi and Bluetooth on turn off WiFi and try again using BT. If that doesn't work try it the opposite way. If no luck I'd call FB. If you purchased it through an authorized seller you can reach out to them or first call FB support. They may need to replace it. Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously, join the club of "Too Many Fibit Issues To Count". As Marshmellow100 pointed out that their Ionic may be tossed into the pond I already told FB support the next place mine is going is the garbage! Funny though actually transfer music to my Ionic??? The other part that works is I can use it as a watch except I can't change the face or it will crash on me. I'm done trying to troubleshoot mine. FB won't replace it because unfortunately I purchased it from Ebay don't buy from them. They're not authorized and you're SOL for any support. If you did play dumb and tell them it was a gift. Also, they should be able to tell if your FB device is legit by looking up the MAC address for it. It's a unique identifier like a serial number. but since I opened up my trap and told them where I bought it I sealed my fate...

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after failing to connect to Bluetooth headphones,my ionic now lost time through night 90 mins it lost.Now refuses to sync with my phone.So did all the usual 

Removed ionic from fit bit app

Switched off blueBluet and restarted phone 

Restarted ionic

Now when I try to add ionic to my phone it doesn't even see it to pair with the phone .

Fitbit is fast becoming a joke ,I get asked alot about my ionic and what's it like ,my message to people is simple don't buy one ,love the device but user experience and software problems are a nightmare .What's worse is on here all you get from Fitbit ,is standard responses ,never acknowledge there are  fundamental   flaws in the software etc 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem is that no matter how many times I pose the question Fitbit managers or programmers never reply. That's not right for end users who pay and dont get support.

FB needs to up their CS stat.

Never had these issues with charge 2 kind of regret the money spent!

And because I'm in canada I cant use fitbit pay with my bank whereas other countries have dozens of options. I fail to see what the issue is.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Why won't the programmers ever respond?

I have yet to get a response to any of my posts.

BUELLER??? BUELLER???

Best Answer

Don't just post on here, go through the correct channels and contact support direct. I have had a responce this way.

Best Answer

Since the update, my GPS has almost completely quit working.  It now takes at least 5 minute for it it connect and then it disconnects after about 20-25 minutes of running.  It will not reconnect after that, no matter how long I run.  If I stop my run and then reconnect, it's another 5 minute wait.  The GPS will not last another 20-25 minutes after that, usually only 5-10.  The Ionic has become completely useless to me.  I've done multiple resets, it does not help.  

I don't see anything knew since the update, except my battery drains faster and my GPS quits.  Both negatives.  

Fitbit needs to test these "updates" before rolling them out.

Best Answer

It hurt my battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Recovery Runner. I, actually, thought I was contacting them, when I entered my system. But, it turned out to be a post on here, instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Geeesh, with all of the negative comments, one might read this thread and think it was a **ahem**!

I'm happy to report that the update completed flawlessly and I'm not experiencing any problems.  I don't use my watch to listen to music - I'm not paying for Pandora or Deezer when I'm perfectly happy with Google Play Music, thank you very much.

Fitbit Wallet works fine, but I use Samsung pay because points!  Come on Fitbit, give me some incentive to use this - lots of competition!

I haven't used GPS but time, steps and heart rate all seem accurate.  Still waiting for the Oxygen sensor measurements.

Samsung S8 Plus with Android 7.0, Ionic (27.32.10.20)
Best Answer

GPS stops mid-run since the update and doesn't recover.  This doesn't happen on every run but I only had the issue once prior to the update and now it has happened on about 30% of my runs.

Most of the time (but not always) I am going through a tunnel or similar that blocks the GPS.  I understand you can't get a GPS signal in those conditions but when I come out the other side it just says "Connecting" but never reconnects no matter how long I run.  I know that moving slowly is bad for locking onto GPS signals so I even stopped running in an open area and stood still to see if it would reconnect with no luck. If I stop the run on the Ionic and restart it the GPS will connect again.

The other thing that is super annoying is that the "connecting" message takes place of the distance on the display. So even though the watch will continue to estimate distance based on steps I have no idea how far I have run.  I travel a lot and often run in areas I'm not familiar with so I run a lot of out and backs.  If I can't see the distance I have no idea when I'm half way and should turn around.  This is useless as a training tool without accurate distance and pace.  My MotoACTV which is 6.5 years old (ancient in electronics terms) worked so much better than this thing.

Ionic, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well mine has gone completely now ,just stuck in the Fitbit logo boot screen,even a soft reset won't stop it ,this is just a joke all from a didgd update 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had issues with my Ionic syncing after the update.  It worked for about 24 hours but then stopped.  I was able to resolve it by removing the ionic connection from Bluetooth and then removing the Ionic from the app.  When I added it back in to the app it then prompted me to enter the PIN from the Ionic screen and from that point on it has been syncing flawlessly.

Hopefully this is helpful to others with syncing issues post update.

Ionic, Pixel 2 XL
Best Answer
0 Votes