Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Not Enough Power Detected from this Source

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm being prompted with the message "Not Charging. Not Enough Power Detected from this Source." I've tried different (USB) power outlets and chargers, but still continues to receive the same message. I started experiencing this issue after upgrading to the latest firmware. I did hard and soft reset (left button + lower right button) several times, but to no avail. In reality, it appears to be charging. Is this a bug in the new OS? I'd like to get rid of this annoying message. Please help. I'm pulling my hair...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. Thanks for your continued participation in the Community Forums.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. I am sorry for any inconvenience experienced and please know that our team strives to improve our products, services and overall environment based on the feedback we received from our Community members. If you're experiencing any difficulties with charging your watch, please try our troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

If the issue persists, you can contact our Support team for further assistance or create a new thread. As of now, this thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
71 REPLIES 71

Have you tried pulling it into a computer USB port for charging?

I had the same issue and it comes down to wallplugs being wonky.  I have my charger plugged into my PS4 and it charges without issue.

Best Answer

I just tried it on my Mac and you were right. I can't bring my laptop (or PS4) with me all the time though Smiley LOL haha I didn't have any similar issues before upgrading to the new OS. I just hope they could address it in the next update. Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I see this message occasionally and all I do is unplug and plug again until I see proper charging message. I find it strange the wall charger may play any role here. It's not how the USB works. Maybe it's the value of output current. Some chargers are stronger than others to speed up charging but then I don't think the message shown by Fitbit would be any closer to the truth 😉 If wall charger works with any other equipment ( branded chargers, not some no-names ) I see no reason why wouldn't it be working with Fitbit device. On the other hand, I don't trust Fitbit charging cables. The magnet in Ionic isn't strong enough to hold the cable still. If you put the watch on the flat surface while charging, there is a big chance, the plug will disconnect which happened to me few times and while thinking the watch was charging, it wasn't in fact as the plug wasn't fully connected. With Charge 2 the cables also weren't free from problems.

Best Answer

Maybe the charger part connected to the ionic is damaged slightly?

?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input, Hill Runner. I have to agree that it all boils down to the value of current's output. I'm using a known-good-brand-new Anker fast-charger and I was not experiencing the issue until recent OS update. I've tried power strips with USB ports in the past and the results were the same. I find it extremely peculiar (though) that I didn't get a similar prompt when I plugged it to my laptop's USB port earlier today. *mind-blown*

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate your response, Strider. However, I was able to rule out a possible faulty cable. Earlier, it worked fine when I connected it to my Mac's USB port. I'm running out of ideas here 😄

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That happens when my computer is getting ready to die. Plugging the computer back in does the trick.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I started getting this after the recent update as well.  It is very bizarre that it works on a computer USB but not on an power outlet.  FITBIT, fix it!

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more. +1

Best Answer

This is clearly a problem with the Ionic, probably the magnetic connection.  I'm giving the solution of charging via a USB port on my computer a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The error magically disappeared after upgrading to firmware v2.1. *keeping my fingers crossed (and seeking divine intervention)*

Best Answer
0 Votes

@justspen wrote:

I started getting this after the recent update as well.  It is very bizarre that it works on a computer USB but not on an power outlet.  FITBIT, fix it!

This is what I have noticed as well.

Best Answer

I get the same thing but if I look, it IS charging so I ignore the erroneous message.

Best Answer

there is a new update for the ionic fitbit will it fix the problem ? 

@justspen wrote:

Best Answer

I agree it’s appaling

Best Answer

Clearly fitbit has not sorted. Get your software working. You are getting enough money from volume sales to ensure customers get a product that is stable. Get rid of mindless bugs you are supposed to be better than this

Best Answer

My issue turned out to be the charging cable (i.e. the one made by FitBit).  I was still getting the error when I switched from AC power to USB.  I noticed that if I pressed hard on the cable while it was charging, the message would go away.  I eventually got a pair of third party cables from Ebay and they appear to be working.

Best Answer

am confused - how is this answer an 'accepted solution' exactly?

Best Answer

Tried it in wall socket, usb hub connected to pc, direct in pc, usb hub in xbox, direct in xbox and I did all that with 3 different chargers......Still getting this error 6 months later..... It is not the socket supply problem it a fitbit problem....This is definitely not solved!

Moderator edit: Removed caps 

Best Answer