Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Not Enough Power Detected from this Source

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm being prompted with the message "Not Charging. Not Enough Power Detected from this Source." I've tried different (USB) power outlets and chargers, but still continues to receive the same message. I started experiencing this issue after upgrading to the latest firmware. I did hard and soft reset (left button + lower right button) several times, but to no avail. In reality, it appears to be charging. Is this a bug in the new OS? I'd like to get rid of this annoying message. Please help. I'm pulling my hair...

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Has anyone found a solution as of yet?

Im using original charge cable even tried my wife's original cable plugged into ps4, MacBook, gaming laptop and Apple USB plug charger both phone and iPad type, but still get not enough power around 10 seconds after initial battery percent display. usually after a bit of cleaning the contacts swearing and wondering why this is still issue it will finally begin charging. but this time nothing, no amount of perseverance will start the charging. 

Tired restarting, nothing, so tried resetting but was promptly told firmware needed updating but of course not enough charge in device and to charge it, which of course is original problem it won't charge, this is why i tried resetting the device in first place. so now I'm left with a device that can't be updated and still doesn't charge.

any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same message I got a docking station on Ebay and use that to charge my one now if I put watch in docking station with power on I get this message but if I leave the power off put the watch in docking station them switch the docking station on I don't get this problem it could be that there is to much movement or not a strong enough connection and with it connecting and disconnecting it gives this message even with this message it still charges ok hope this might help some one stay lucky 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. What I've found is that I only get the message from a non- samsung cable so I can only assume the copper wire in that one is too thin. Copper is expensive and if you buy it from China you might get an inferior cable.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I stopped using it, love the functions, but the product is poorly designed.  I gave up with customer service as they just tell you the same thing.  Won't ever recomend Fitbit because of this experience

Best Answer

Happens all the time - its a flawed charging system. Disappointed with Fitbit

Best Answer

I've been having this problem for months and it's really frustrating. Especially because the little battery icon in the upper left seems to indicating it *is* charging when it's not.  I had my fitbit die in the middle of a 5 mile loop today because it wasn't really charged. 

Best Answer

Mine started it also after update. I just hit ok and it charges just fine. It does it on all three of my chargers. Must just be a glitch and yes it’s annoying. But it always charges after i hit the OK prompt. 

Best Answer

I'd been having the same issue with my Ionic (Not enough power detected from this source) regardless of the charger, but it always seemed to charge anyway.  Then I noticed it stop charging mid-way.  I tried cleaning the contacts.  The error message vanished.  I haven't been doing this long enough to be sure it is the real fix.  

Best Answer

It happens every time I try to charge it no matter what it is plugged into.

It is a struggle every time I go to charge it.  The receptor does not lock the angle of the connection.  It has to be perfectly positioned to charge.  I have to fiddle with it and avoid breathing on it.

The power warning adds insult to misery.

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same thing for a month now. I’m exasperated with trying to fix this. I keep using different wall plugs different outlets to no avail. It’s taken eight hours to get 40% charge. I’m about ready to dump Fitbit and get an Apple Watch

Best Answer

I've experienced this sporadically over the life of the device (about 19 months), although now it's almost constant (even connected to laptop or macbook USB). Right on FitBit schedule, the device appeared to brick a couple days ago (no response to charge cable, any button combinations). I left it on charge for 2 days, and it phoenixed, although would not go beyond 56% charge (with the error noted here). I just did a factory reset (from watch menu), reloaded the latest OS. I'm still getting the error, although charge is up to 65% and appears to be moving.

From my experience, FitBit has not yet been able to construct a high-end smartwatch that can survive much more than 2 years (I purchased an Ionic in 2017, and this is my 3rd, one replaced under warranty after about 10 months, and a 3rd bought with a fitbit discount, since they 2nd was only warrantied based on initial purchase date). I was excited this one cruised past the 12 month mark, but I fear my optimism was misplaced. 

Versa 2 is almost 2 years old now. Anyone know if they've actually created a device that lasts?

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for your continued participation in the Community Forums.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. I am sorry for any inconvenience experienced and please know that our team strives to improve our products, services and overall environment based on the feedback we received from our Community members. If you're experiencing any difficulties with charging your watch, please try our troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

If the issue persists, you can contact our Support team for further assistance or create a new thread. As of now, this thread will be closed, in an effort to keep the forums organized. 

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes