Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic: Not Enough Power Detected from this Source

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm being prompted with the message "Not Charging. Not Enough Power Detected from this Source." I've tried different (USB) power outlets and chargers, but still continues to receive the same message. I started experiencing this issue after upgrading to the latest firmware. I did hard and soft reset (left button + lower right button) several times, but to no avail. In reality, it appears to be charging. Is this a bug in the new OS? I'd like to get rid of this annoying message. Please help. I'm pulling my hair...

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Hey @spiketrain, I hope you are doin' great! If you are getting also this error, "Not Charging. Not Enough Power Detected from this Source." I'd like you to try the tips in this help article: Why isn't my battery charging? And let me know how it goes!

@Telico, I appreciate you have taken the time to try to fix this issue with your Ionic. I have escalated your case for you to get further assistance so please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for moderator support - very grateful.

I fixed the problem yesterday however by simply purchasing 2 x new charger cables from Amazon. They're third party copies - but they work.

FYI - my single Fitbit cable was never subjected to any duress that I can remember and exhibited this issue nonetheless - it did charge the watch, but did it slowly and temperamentally.

So - easy and cheap fix in the end - but a little disappointed in the quality (functionality) of the Fitbit branded cable that came in the box.... normally it's the other way around - IE the copy cables are never as good as the originals.... not so this time it seems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @spiketrain! I appreciate you have taken the time to get new charging cables. Sounds good that they are charging your Ionic, even though, not as you have expected. Let me ask you something, do you like me to escalate your case with our Support team for them to further assist you? 

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Mine charges very well with the charger plugged into my docking station. My Surface Pro has exactly one USB port, so if I have to plug the charger in there, I do without my mouse until it's charged. The docking station is a hardwired affair, so probably that's why it charges properly. Yes, wall plugs are not always so good. You should know (as I learned this morning) that if you're going to download music or podcasts on to the Ionic, you do have to plug it directly into the computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the offer. I'm okay with the new cables so I'll just stick with that.

All the best

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Purrstachio and @spiketrain! I appreciate the information you have shared with us. 

recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your device.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit 

I am having the same problem on my ionic..changed the cables and power sources ..bit frustrated by it all I love my watch but need the glitch sorted...I can only presume its a software issue?

any help would be appreciated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had that problem if the contact area on the back of t he Ionic was wet or dirty.

Best Answer

Every now  and than you have to gently clean the contacts of the cable and watch a pencil eraser or toothpick works great. The key word is gently!

Best Answer

It's nice to see new faces around @0hwell! I'll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit Ionic inquiry.

Please follow the advise our friend @0hwell have shared with you and let me know how it goes.

Thank you for sharing this with us @gunnmike and @0hwellWoman Happy

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I have tried all the suggested fixes and it is still not charging properly I have even bought a new lead

any help would be appreciated I think its still under warranty

I look forward to hearing from you 

A loyal fitbit customerSmiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for trying all the suggested troubleshoot steps @abbas73. I´ll be glad to continue assisting you.

I got in touch with our Support Team and they have informed me that they are already helping you.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a brand new Versa, just opened it today and I am having the same problem. The message and vibrations just won’t go away. The Versa is now charged 100% even though it keeps vibrations going with message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@whosails It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties to charge your Fitbit Versa. Please be so kind to perform a restart to your device by following these steps. Then, follow our guide to charge it.

If you are still experiencing difficulties, please let me know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I too am getting this message and all suggestions are to no avail .Even bought new cable .I would appreciate some help please .

Best Answer
0 Votes
How are you charging it ?

Plug the cable into a iPhone plug that seems to have sorted mine

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It only works if I plug it into my IPad Pro. That leaves me with only one port to backup my computer or access my photography.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try plugging the cable into a iPhone plug the cable needs more power that sorted mine out 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I appreciate the input .I have tried it all ,last ditch effort is
Iam buying an off brand cable, told they are better .If not I bought the
insurance for it it the beginning .
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me occasionally. Usually unplugging and replugging in the power brick/usb fixes the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes