Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic blank screen issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FitBit Team,

So I started using my Ionic sometime in April 2018, and I had no issues with it up until:

- I upgraded the firmware to 27.32.10.20

- Installed the desktop app to transfer music

I don't have an idea as to which exactly caused it but as soon as I did both, the screen started twitching and became unresponsive. I eventually had to uninstall the Fitbit for Desktop app (without even transferring the music) and this persisted, so a fair guess would be the firmware upgrade (still cannot ascertain this) and I could not downgrade it to the earlier version.

However, today, the screen is completely blank. I can see that it is on (via the backlight), but there is nothing showing on the screen at all. I have tried to restart it using the left and bottom down button but it is the same thing!

How do we resolve this?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28
no, never got it to work...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same song and dance with an offer for 25% off. I've had issues with every single fitbit product I've had so I'm switching to a company that actually stands by their products. This is a known issue so they should fix it regardless of warranty status. 

Best Answer

My ionic just kicked the bucket right after an update. I didn't have a single issue with it up until now. It's obvious the update was the reason for my ionic's demise, but since I'm out of the warranty period, I too, am only being offered a discount on a new device... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating!! My ionic just did the same thing!! Working fine one minute then went blank. Tried all the recommended restarts nothing! This happened with my previous Fitbit, the Versa. Time to move to another brand watch... this seems to be an ongoing issue with Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Iallen

Did you get anything resolved with this issue? 

Rich

Best Answer
No! Only the usual here is a 35% Off so you can purchase another Fitbit!!! I purchased a Garmin that day!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No!! Only here is 35% to purchase another watch!! Purchased a Garmin that day!! Done with Fitbit!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @1jazee. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes