Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

I'm seeing the calibration issue and have not performed a Factory Reset.

I have performed a reboot (Hold left button and lower right for 10 seconds) but not a Factory Reset.

My girlfriend also has an Ionic which did calibrate successfully.

Best Answer
I received a notification from Fitbit yesterday advising they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine. Amy update ?

Best Answer
I received a message from Fitbit yesterday acknowledging the problem and advising the problem was escalated to Senior VP Technology and they would get a fix out ASAP

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

To answer your question i have not done a factory reset i received my new fit bit ionic last Tuesday. It will not calibrate but asks repeatedly to calibrate. I have removed the band, layed it flat on the table, held it to keep the cord out of the way etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I would really like it to work correctly. 

Thank you for your time 

Best Answer

This update has had issues since its roll out.  The senior vp should ALREADY know about it.  I am not interested in who knows as much as what the status is. All we hear is “we are working on it”. That’s not good enough for me 

Best Answer
All I can say is Fitbit is aware of the issue and as of Saturday March 31st were working on a fix. When done, you’ll get a notification that a new update is available.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue after the update.

Come on Fitbit engineering fix this now.

Your silence is deafeniung

Best Answer

Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
It does affect the Performance as my ionic now only logs about 120 steps a day when I am walking about 10,000 and the heart rate monitor doesn’t work at all. It’s basically just telling the time that’s it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Matt. Can you tell me if it’s standard for your chat help to ask for email addresses? Ever since I gave mine to the representative in fitbit help chat I am receiving lots of spam. He wasn’t very friendly or helpful. I’m just curious. 

Best Answer

Yep add me to the list. This has been going on way too long. I brag on Fitbit for their customer service and awesome app/software. This is embarassing. Ya'll should have had this fixed long ago. Is there any way to update all of us to let us know when/how to fix this? Please please don't make me go to Apple watch 😞

Best Answer

Did you figure anything out on this issue?  I have had my fitbit ionic for a week and it has never calibrated without the failure message. 

Best Answer
Matt at Fitbit has advised those on the post that they are aware dnd working on a fix. Try scrolling down several of the posts

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
They have been saying this but have not provided results. We all paid good money for a product that maybe should have a recalll. Start hurting their pockets maybe they will have better results fixing the problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The daily calibration failure message is just one of the pleasures of owning your new Ionic. enjoy!

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Best Answer

Ditto to all the above! Having the same issue with calibration after the update.

Best Answer

Since March 17 there have been 200 posts!  I think this thing is a lemon and I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Best Answer

Thus us taking too late . Why must we wait fir the next update? It takes two weeks to sort this out? What can’t we roll back to the previous version ?

this is  totally unacceptable. How can I get my money back bought 3 weeks ago ?

Best Answer

Thus us taking too late . Why must we wait fir the next update? It takes two weeks to sort this out? What can’t we roll back to the previous version ?

this is  totally unacceptable. How can I get my money back bought 3 weeks ago ?

it seems that you guys are now blocking the complaints   Cannot post reply. 

Best Answer