Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

My first Ionic and now my new Ionic didn't ask for calibration.

Is that correct?

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is now working as expected. Immediately after the upgrade, I did have a few problems:

- Massive delay in sync

- CWas still getting calibration message

- Not receiving phone notifications

Restarting both phone and ionic resolved the issues. I was also pleased to see the update fixed a FitBit Pay issue as well, which was more annoying than the calibration issue for me.

Thank you for the update. It was a long time coming, and looking at your job adverts it seems you're short of Firmware developers.

I still do stand by what I previously said, and would ask FitBit to be more informative and transparent about issues like this, rather than just giving us a "we're working on it" message

Best Answer

@MattFitbit @sfringer

Hi both, 

Same here.

updated 2.10

Calibration done with a green tick then Shut down and restart the iconic. 

I have not seen the calibration for two nights in a row. 

Best Answer
Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sfringer @FromSydney @trayracer @CamperRon @BalderDad @Acmckee Big thanks to all of those who got back to me in the last few days confirming the calibration prompt has not appeared. 

For anyone who might still be seeing the calibration prompt, I recommend updating to Fitbit OS 2.1, as this release includes some stability improvements and bug fixes. 

Once you have updated to Fitbit OS 2.1, you may still be prompted to calibrate your Ionic. At this point, please move forward with the calibration by plugging in your Ionic and setting it on a flat surface.

Once you have completed these steps a restart, or shutting down your Ionic (and turning it back on) after you complete the calibration (green check mark) should prevent you from seeing the prompt moving forward. 

If anyone is still receiving the calibration prompt after performing the steps above, please let me know!

Best Answer

I am not getting any notification to upgrade to 2.1.

How do I get 2.1?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check the app on your phone.  You should see an update notice in the upper right corner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We're counting May 19. 2018, and I still cannot get correct sleep info from my Ionic. Should I believe Ionic, and I don't, I sleep less than 2 hours every night. Disappointed!! And yes I adjusted to sensitive and check, I reset the Ionic before I go to my unregistered sleep. 

Best Answer

As long as this problem is, I think the Fitbit programmer don't know how to fix it!

@MattFitbit

Can you please be so kind and ask you developer and programmer, because your support is not able to fix it!

Thank you!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

I updated earlier this week. Still getting daily calibration messages but they immediately pass. I get another message nightly to calibrate. Checking the forums and read that I might need to restart. I just did that so will see later tonight if I get another calibrate message. Is there anything else I should do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated to 2.1 and restarted. To restart just hold all three buttons down at the same time for about 10 secs and release. You will eventually get the Fitbit logo and the system will return to your clock face. 

I did not get the recalibration message at 8.00 last night. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been stuck on the update for well over two hours now. The green flashing light on the back of my Fitbit has not been flashing for over an hour but my phone keeps telling me that it's updating even though there is no more flashing Fitbit logo, or any indication that it's doing anything.   The gray bar at the bottom has never shown any kind of progression of the update on my phone.

I did not download the previous update due to all of the issues people were having and my Fitbit was working just great. So I'm assuming this is going to take a bit longer than normal but this is getting ridiculous. I have to leave home and take my phone with me. How long does this update take?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

FITBIT UPDATE 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Best Answer