Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433
Thank you! Sounds like you’re good to go! I’m sure I’ll be the same tonight. Thank you for you’re updates and positive attitude!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am still getting the red X on calibration, have installed the new update not sure why it is still rejecting the calibration update.  Can we get some help with the problem soon as I see several people have completed their calibration without problem.

Best Answer
Ya im using the s7 but hope the calibration update goes away almost wish they would remove it from the update till they can get it to work. Still cant link the ionic with my ipad pro. Kind of sad about ionic even though i like it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

As others, I shut down and restarted my watch -- NO calibration message yet....  Fingers crossed.

Best Answer
Folks I got no message! So...I’m leaving to go hiking! See you all on the trail, the road jogging, running or cycling. Whatever your joy is, get out there and do it! I thank you all for your messages and support.
Hiker Ron

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

FYI - this is the second night now that the 8pm calibration message has not happened.   I powered down and restarted the watch Monday morning.  I have the new update on my watch as well.  Don't know if this is the solution but it seems to be working so far.

I did the same yesterday: shut down my watch an started it again. Not a reset, just turned it off and turned it back on. NO CALIBRATION MESSAGE LAST NIGHT! However, my heart rate is still off by 20-40 bpm with intense exercise and weird step counts, loss of steps. I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with anything that makes it seem like support is working on ALL of these issues. Baby steps I guess. No pun intended. 

Best Answer

In order to solve a problem you have to first acknowledge that there is one.  As long as they keep saying the functionality of the ionic is not effected, it seems logical to assume they are not working on it.  I hope that I’m wrong.

Best Answer

They have acknowledged it's a problem; they've just also gone and said it's no impact to the Ionic.

I suffered the messages for several weeks. Since the .15 update, and a restart of my Ionic, I no longer receive the calibration reminders.

Whether there's further impact, I do not know. My Ionic seems to count steps, stairs, HR consistently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning,

Since the update, I tried to calibrate my watch last night which immediately gave me a green check mark. Since then I haven’t gotten a calibration message yet, but I have still noticed other issues. No matter how many help topics I peruse, I can no longer get my watch to buzz for notifications. They finally appear when I pull down on the screen, but they won’t scroll across my screen anymore. I guess I’ll have to try to figure out what is the issue since I never changed the settings to stop doing that in the first place. Also since updated and manually resetting my watch by pressing all three buttons at the same time, my step count seems to be lagging. I used to be able to see my steps actively counted on my watch. Instead now, I have to sit there for a good 30-60 seconds and sometimes scroll through my stats for my steps to update. This wasn’t an issue yesterday. Anyone else having this issue today?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mevalle wrote:

Good morning,

Since the update, I tried to calibrate my watch last night which immediately gave me a blue check mark. Since then I haven’t gotten a calibration message yet, but I have still noticed other issues. No matter how many help topics I peruse, I can no longer get my watch to buzz for notifications. They finally appear when I pull down on the screen, but they won’t scroll across my screen anymore. I guess I’ll have to try to figure out what is the issue since I never changed the settings to stop doing that in the first place. Also since updated and manually resetting my phone by pressing all three buttons at the same time, my step count seems to be lagging. I used to be able to see my steps actively counted on my watch. Instead now, I have to sit there for a good 30-60 seconds and sometimes scroll through my stats for my steps to update. This wasn’t an issue yesterday. Anyone else having this issue today?

I have had an issue with lag or no step count at all in the past few weeks but got tired of staring at my watch to see if it was continuing to be a problem. After reading your comment I might revisit it to see if it seems to have resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just was given the ionic last week. Is there still mo solution for the calibration issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your continued efforts regarding this Ionic calibration message. 

After reading through these recent comments, I can see that some of you are still experiencing this calibration issue, while others have been able to successfully calibrate. 

As mentioned, I recommend updating to Fitbit OS 2.1, as this release includes some stability improvements and bug fixes. 

A few of you have stated that performing a restart, or shutting down your Ionic (and turning it back on) after you complete the calibration (green check mark) has helped to resolve this issue. 

@sfringer @MissUrka @BalderDad @SunsetRunner When you get a chance, could you please confirm if you have seen this calibration prompt in the last few days? I appreciate it!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit I have not seen the calibration reminder in the past three days.

Best Answer
I have not seen the message in two days now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No calibration messages since I shutdown and restarted my Ionic, after updating to OS 2.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I just saw your note and rebooted after the watch gave me my daily 8pm calibration message.  Will let you know at 8pm tomorrow if it works.  BTW what does the calibration feature do and is there ever a legit time to recalibrate??  I updated the OS a couple days ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Now my third night without message and all systems are go!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
After the new up grade, I lost the ability to get my texts. If I get a call, that will show up. I tried restarting my phone, turning off the Ionic. No texts. Any idea's?
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes