Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

It has been over a week without an update.  Where are we with this?  Patience is running thin.

Best Answer

@rickmcp wrote:
Are your heart rate, steps etc all accurate?

Sent from my iPhone

Unfortunately not the the whole time, but most time.

My biggest problem is no sleep stages since I have my Ionic.

BTW: When are all other sensors released? For sleep apnea and so on?

I didn't have the calibration, is there a way to start the calibration manually?

Thanks!

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit wrote:

Hi all. Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our team works to resolve this calibration issue. 

I know that it is likely annoying to see this calibration message recurring (for some of you on a daily basis) but I can assure that your voices have been heard and that resolving this issue is a top priority of ours. 

As mentioned, our team is working to have this issue resolved in a future release and I will be sure to provide you all with more information as it becomes available. 

Hopefully not only on the calibration message!

Also on:

missing sleep stages (showning also signal strength if sometime missing!)

correct count of steps!

correct heart rate!

better connection to Bluetooth and WLAN!

BTW: How small is the team, because no solution since weeks/month!!!

We can't see, that Fitbit is doing their best, but they have our best, our money!

Looking forward to have a accurate working Ionic!

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

For anyone curious, I returned mine to the store, and my new watch has not yet asked me to calibrate even once since I initially set it up 3 days ago. It updated firmware immediately upon linking with the app, and seems to be working ok so far.

If anyone recently bought the watch, I recommend exchanging it in-store ASAP; don't wait even if you think you have time. I was technically outside the return window by 2 days at the store where I bought mine, but they were able to accept it as a return and then sell a new watch to me and match the original purchase price.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! 

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (v 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

This release included bug fixes and performance improvements. 

Once the update is available for you to download, I recommend updating your Ionic and let me know if you still continue to experience this calibration error message. 

For more information on OS2.1, I recommend checking out this dedicated thread

Thanks again to you all for your patience in regard to this issue. Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I made the 10% cut - update installing now, but I'll need to wait until tomorrow to know if the calibration message is addressed since it popped up right before I received the firmware update notice.

Best Answer
Thanks so much friend. I will do just that.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

So, within 5 minutes of the update completing I received a calibration message. Tapping "Start" resulted in an immediate green checkmark. Didn't plug it in or anything, was in the process of taking it off my wrist to connect it back to the charger. That's certainly a move in the right direction.

Best Answer

Have the exact same problem at the same time every night.  Trying it again now.  So irritating.  

Best Answer

And, like clockwork, 8:00 while on a walk my most recent firmware Ionic prompted me to calibrate. Alas, being on a walk I was in no position to calibrate so like I've done in the past, I tapped "Later".

Best Answer

Got the same problem...

So I just purchased an Ionic, and like many of you my device failed to calibrate  after numerous attempts. Spoke to a company rep online who assured me that calibration would not impact the functionality of my device stating that calibration was somehow related to previous firmware updates/patches. Sounds like a just so story to me. Does anyone know what Calibration actually does??? I am seriously tempted to go back to the stpre and refund my device....

Best Answer

I’ve updated my Ionic, but still problems with calibration! I love my watch but this is very annoying! 

Best Answer
Calibration measures the distance in your steps so it will accurately calculate the distance to have traveled by the number of your steps. I received a notice this week from Fit Bit stating they now have a fix and will be rolling it out in waves. I too love my iconic so have been patiently waiting for the fix. Stay tuned!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That's an interesting thought @CamperRon. The calibration process involves taking the Ionic off, plugging it in and placing it on a flat surface. Not sure how that measures the distance of my steps. Also, I received the update Thursday evening and am still receiving the calibration message promptly at 8:00 PM.

Best Answer

Did not work with me ... I had calibration problem and my device hang 

Best Answer
That’s disheartening to hear.
Thanks for the information

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@MattFitbit I can confirm that the recent 2.1 update does not correct the calibration message issue. I have received the message to calibrate each night since the update promptly at 8:00. The only change is that if I tap "Start" instead of being prompted to connect to power and place on a flat surface I just immediately get a green check mark. This daily interruption is not acceptable.

Let the development folks know they did not fix things.

Best Answer

How did you get notified? Or did your device automatically inform you of the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

10% wow! Incredible! (Sorry!)

Hopefully Fitbit uses qualtity check to avoid customer going upset. 😉

So, I'm looking forward to receive now the new firmware and see positiv results posted from users!

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was notified via this post

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes