Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing connection to phone constantly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a very short time frame of experience with the Ionic - 24 hours.  It has been a painful time with the Ionic not staying connected to my phone (Pixel XL running 8.0).  But during the past 24 hours I have had to restart or repair the ionic numerous times in order to get the watch to sync only to have it stop syncing within an hour or so.  I have reached out to support a couple of times and each time they have given me steps to get it connected - BUT that is not sustainable to do daily.

I cannot be the only one with this problem.  A quick search showed some steps to fix it which only work less than half of the time. 

I am trying to figure out at this time if it is software or hardware problems.....  I really like the watch and want to get mine working with no problems.  I had been using a One and there was never any issues with sync or connections to my phone.

Honestly not sure what I am expecting to get from this post - maybe someone else had the same issues that they fixed?

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Well..I still have this problem. I usually have to sync my Ionic 2-3 times a day, before the data shows up on my Iphone.

The Ionic has a 45 day money back guarantee. Once I am back from my vacation, I will be boxing this up and returning it.

It's a shame because I really like this watch. I have to charge it every 2 days, probably due to the constant re-syncing...but it looks nice and has everything I need.

Too bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya totally agree. Wonder if the fitbit versa is better quality? I know for sure fitbit trolls these comments but they don't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weirdly mine always syncs now I've turned off the all day sync and other one!! Not getting my texts now though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic won’t stay sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having a solid connection with my Android for months, just updated to Android Pie and it's all stopped working again. Every other Bluetooth device works 100%, how have Fitbit got this so wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

my 300$ paper weight has sat in my garage for a couple weeks now. so frustrated i cant sync my 30 mile hiking trip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gone back to sync'ing via my MacBook for now just to get the data uploaded. If I can find the energy some time I'll start again, factory reset of watch, remove the app and try reinstalling it all from scratch. Worked last time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I give up! Now got the Red Cross and the Ionic won't hard reset. Raised a ticket. Been trying for a refund on this since I bought it, but 'cos I didn't ask soon enough Fitbit keep refusing.

Got my Blaze out of the drawer, charged it, added as a device on the same phone the Ionic refuses to work with. All working within 5 mins with zero issues. These Ionics (aren't they based on the Pebble devices) just don't sync as they should.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still will not work

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the last few days I gave experienced similar connectivity issues between my Ionic and Google Pixel, and have done a hard reset to no avail. It definitely seems worse since I upgraded Android. I am going to make some noise on Twitter - same username - to try and get it done visibility with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally gave up on my Fit bit and switched to the Samsung Gear S3. I
love and no problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic was working fine until the battery went flat.  I recharged it and now the 'all day sync' and notifications don't work.  It won't recognise my iPhone7+ and when I try to pair them it says there are no devices found - found the TV though!  When I check my phone it says 'not connected'.

Has Fitbit done anything to rectify this problem yet?  Maybe an update? It seems to have been happening for quite a while now to quite a few people, and the suggestions to fix the problem are not working.  It's not exactly a cheap watch either.

Best Answer

This is the response I got from Fitbit - it's a known issue on *Android*, I don't know about iPhone 7

--

We appreciate your time through this process. After further checking, our team is aware of the issue where customers updated to Android 9.0 (Pie) are unable to sync their Fitbit watches and they are looking into this some more. We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority matter, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will have an update as soon as we have more definitive information. Hope to have things back to normal very soon. Thanks for sending us your information but we will no longer proceed with case creation. You can try to use other supported platforms for the meantime here as listed here: Fitbit.com/devices. Let us know if you have additional questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Quite honestly, I don't know if there's an update. You would think with
SSI many people having these issues that they would have addressed this by
now, exclusively since it is such an evidence watch.

I did not have the patience to keep trying to fix something the company
should have fixed so I went with another device.
There Samsung Gear S3 is amazing. I'm loving it. You get so much more.
And better yet I have not had any issues. I can wear it 3-4 days without
charging it as well.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya I sold my fitbit ionic along time ago. I bought the Samsung gear s3 Frontier. I use it on my iPhone 6s. The battery drains quickly but you get more information on the watch with graphs. Using my fitbit blaze right now but going to go buy the Samsung gear Frontier today. I love my blaze but like everyone else says it's imbarassing fitbit made and sold a peice of junk. They wanted to dabble in the smart watch sells and the ionic has to many bugs. But what really grinds my gears is the fact instead of fixing the operating system they went and made the versa. I knw fitbit trolls this so you should be embarrassed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried to sync with an AOSP Android 9, and tried to sync with my work friend's iphone, it will not detect the device. It gets to the point where it prompts the number on the device to confirm bluetooth connection but then just sits and spins from there on the phone - with both iphone and android. Sadly I'm guessing I'm going to lose my 3 day trip through a forest hike because I cant sync it to anything. I dont even want to sell the device on craigslist or something because i would feel guilty selling a paperweight, so looks like I blew 300$.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I last charged my Gear S3 on Tuesday and still have 55% battery. Couldn't
sassi that of my Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which Samsung s3? The new one or the Frontier?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The classic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When my surge couldn’t be fixed for this issue I bought the ionic . I had to replace the ionic for this problem in 7 months . About that same time my replacement has this same issue again. 
I’m pretty sure I am done with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes