Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic no longer working, with black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looks like I've suffered the same fate my husband's Ionic did - was working and charging fine when I went to bed and in the morning, nothing. Tried all the solutions outlined in this forum but to no avail. Very sad as I loved my Ionic and now it's no longer. Any ideas on how it can be fixed?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KGG999 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this with your Ionic. I would like you to confirm that you've tried restarting your watch

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
54 REPLIES 54

@KGG999 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this with your Ionic. I would like you to confirm that you've tried restarting your watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Silvia,

I've had the exact same problem and have tried all the solutions to no avail. How do get a replacement / refund? This seems to be a common issue (bested on the community) so if I do get a replacement will the warranty re-set to the new date I received the new one? 

Best Answer

Hello everyone:

My Ionic was working fine until yesterday during the day when the display went black. I tried all the troubleshooting steps I received from the forum when the recent update failed on my Ionic. Nothing worked. The display is still black. I tried charging it overnight and doing a factory reset. That didn't work either. Black screen. I'm out of warranty so I'm not sure what happens from here. I'm very disappointed. My Surge died and now my Ionic. 

Best Answer

Any solutions? I have done tried the same things too with no luck.

Best Answer

By the way . I am not using my ipad but my Samsung 9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Silvia - I've tried all those steps and the fitbit does nothing I'm afraid. Just a black screen.

Best Answer

Mine is the same, a black screen with telhe green light on underneath. Very frustrating, seems a common thing now after the update happened! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I was not able to get my Ionic running. It just died. It won't respond to any button pushing or charging I've tried. Still just a black screen. 

Best Answer

Seems like a lot of people are experiencing the same issue.  My Ionic started not holding the charge, maybe a month ago. I was able to reset it via the factory reset instructions. For the last three days...nothing.  It has been on charge in the car, via my computer and through a regular outlet, to no avail. I guess its time to look at the Apple watch!

Best Answer

welp, the same fate happened last night to my launch day purchased fitbit ionic. it still had around 80% battery last time i had checked, and the fitbit app had it last syncing last night around 8:30pm and reporting full battery icon. Then at some point of course, i pull up my arm to look at the time, and it's pretty much dead. as with everyone else, no amount of charging or button pressing/holding will turn it back on. RIP.

and on that note, how is this over 2 year old device still being sold at almost its original price point when it seems like this issue happens to everyone at one point or another.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

@Adam-E Welcome to the Community. I would like you to confirm that you've tried restarting it

@GinMe@SpringStepMN@Mazza67@Josephe and @wizll Thanks for the troubleshooting you've tried. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened here.  Now it will not turn on with the troubleshooting tips found.  On my phone, the Fitbit app shows my battery full.  I cleaned the contacts anyway and charged overnight with no change.  I hate going without my Ionic!!

Best Answer

@Ahlersc320789 Welcome to the Community. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. I would like you to confirm that you tried restarting it. 

Keep me posted about your Ionic's display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I tried to restart my Ionic.  I also tried the reset where all three buttons are held with no luck.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit I'm having the same issue. I'm guessing my Ionic restarted, since the instructions are to hold the buttons until I see the logo.... black screen.... never saw it, but I held it...

From the APP, I can see that the heart rate sensor is registering, as are the steps. The unit vibrates when calls or texts are received. The unit successfully charged from 78% to 100% per the APP.. I just can't see anything on the screen. I hope this helps you find a solution

Best Answer

I've tried every step to restart my Ionic. There is no green light lit on the bottom nor do any of the steps make a difference. Unless you have another solution I don't think anything can be done to revive my fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - just letting you know a case was raised with the FitBit support team and I'm getting a replacement watch. Thanks for you comments.

Best Answer

I have the same thing with my watch post-update. Black screen but the green light beneath is still flashing. 

The watch is still recording *something* because the app says I have done 187 steps today (although my phone says I have done 1500) and the app registers the battery at 11% currently, but the screen is forever black. 

I appreciate FitBit's support offering me a replacement, but they really should be doing things for people outside of warranty too as a goodwill gesture, its quite obviously a fault with the update.

Best Answer

@Ahlersc320789 and @Psaltina. Thanks for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you through email, please check your email inbox. 

@Josephe and @ben_lee. Hey there. Since you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

@KGG999 I'm glad to hear that you're getting a replacement. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes