Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Ionic won’t charge. Rebooted twice per help Fitbit help folks (pushed two buttons - left and lower right at the same time for about 10 sec until ionic screen appeared) tried two different ports on MacBook Air.  Clock face shows icon of battery charging (battery level and lines moving outward). Out of box charging level was 51%. Overnight charge is now at 44%. Junk? Disappointed.

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Does it charge if, for example, you use your phone charger to charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I tried it before and no. After talking to Fitbit folks they recommended USB as the wall charger may be too hot.

I just rebooted the watch and plugged into iPhone wall charger. Looks like it’s accepting the charge (as before). I’ll see if third time is a charm but not optimistic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strider, This seems to be working - reboot then wall charge. Watch went from 43% to 48% in 10 minutes. Thanks! I’ll let you know if anything should change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

had the similar problem - did th reset and plugged into wall - seems to work. thanks for the helpful post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ionic charged from 43% to 50% then stalled. Worked with customer service for about an hour to no avail. Just returned it. 😡 

Best Answer

I have no luck. Change different way of charging. From PC to wall charger. None of them fix the problem. It never get charged. So disappointing 

Best Answer

No sign of charging or light when put into charging unit since yesterday

Best Answer

Clean off the connectors with your finger. It's worked twice now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!  I tried rebooting numerous times and still no charge.  It is so dead that it won’t connect for recent Fitbit fix.

Best Answer

Got my ionic yesterday . Put it on charge last night. Today its completely dead. Will not do anything no matter where i try to charge it

Best Answer

Has anyone tried cleaning the contacts?  Without a clean connection, the charger won't be able to connect to the device.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a brand new ionic and the very first day I had no trouble charging it. The second time I charged, I was able to with a little bit of fidgeting and since that second charge, it's increasingly gotten worse. I've tried everything - changing ports, using wall chargers, cleaning the prongs, physically holding the charger to the watch, called customer support and nothing has helped. Customer support has tried to get me to do a factory reset and the other reset, but because my watch is completely dead it's not working. I thought originally that my cable was the issue, but after seeing these comments I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a bad design. It's really unfortunate to spend over $300 on a watch only to have it not charge properly. I sent a video to customer service, so we'll see what they say - but I may also need to return it if it's already giving me problems. Really hoping that the issue ends up being a bad cable and that it can be replaced. 

Best Answer
I had the same issue and eventually (after troubleshooting and sending a video showing me troubleshooting), Fitbit sent me a new Ionic.

They sent me a new charger cord first, but that was not the issue. It was a corrupt unit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now clean the Ionic with alcohol after each heavy exercise session as I believe sweat caused the issue.
Best Answer

@Afacfit - since you were issued a new unit, have you had any issues with it charging since? I really want to keep the ionic if at all possible, however, if charging is an issue I may just return it all together. If it's a possibility that the unit is corrupt or the cable wire itself, I'll continue trying out everything before I give up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new one works just fine as of a week or so. No issues. I do clean after every heavy workout so hope this continues to be the case for working properly.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I was having a lot of trouble with it charging, but a tech guy told me to attach it to my desktop usb port and I haven't had any problems since.  For what ever reason it doesn't charge if I use a plug in type charger.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaykl Thank you! The tech support person asked me to do the same as well, but sadly it's also not working for me. Hoping to hear back from them soon and REALLY hoping that the charger cable is the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That did not work for my situation although I tried it!

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes