Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

Well it had been a few months since my last call, so I called again. This would be my 6th call. Same conversation about how it shows it as an "unknown" device. Escalating again. Wanted the serial number, which of course I no longer have.

Signed up for recall March 21st, 2023. Watch delivered March 28th. In processing April 3rd. Nothing since.

It is funny how the people on the phone seem to be oblivious that there are any problems with people receiving their refunds. She finally admitted she has received a few calls.

Best Answer

I have received a refund through PayPal $399.00 CDN for my husbands FitBit back in 2022. It took about 6 weeks to get. It was sent on 04.13.2022. I have not received a refund for my Ionic yet and I registered the same night. I have been calling, emailing, live chatting with agents for 2 years. I just got off the phone with an agent named Maryanna .. and I was live chatting with an agent named Mark Marlon simultaneously on my laptop. I was double-dipping.. and all I got was that my refund case is being ESCALATED AGAIN!! This is third time it has been escalated. I am fed up.. but not giving up. I have sent emails containing my receipt of purchase, picture of my Ionic and reference #, They have all my other info as well. All the delay is doing is making me angrier and angrier. I am NEVER giving up. I want my money. 

Best Answer

Fitbit staff,

I mailed my ionic on Jan. 2024, we are now mid April  2024, and I have not received any credit. It was supposed to take 4-6 weeks.  When given the option, I chose a cc.  Can anyone help. Thanks.

-B

LizzyFitbit_0-1713465028339.png

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer