Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reset my screen using left and bottom buttons as my data wasn’t showing. Screen came back on but mo change. Tried another reset and now my screen won’t come on at all. Still syncing with my iPhone but screen completely off

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

I'm having same issue. Iconic just stopped worked yesterday and it was charged all night. I have tried every suggestion from all posts and nothing is working. 

Best Answer

I contacted live chat on the website. They are sending a full
replacement!!!

They are sending a full replacement. Woot woot!!

Contacted live chat on the website

Best Answer
Congrats! Me too!
Best Answer

Hi guys, thanks for posting your comments here. Sorry for the delay. I'll do my best to help you out with each one of your questions. 

@007Blondie Sorry to hear about what happened with your Ionic. Thanks for following all the suggested steps and for contacting customer support. For some user having similar issues performing multiple restarts and trying the suggested steps here has helped. In other cases it's best to check with our support team, if you have doubts about the information that you got from them; you can request more information about it.

@ggeovany253 Thanks for sharing your comments here. Please check with our team your warranty options, they will be glad to keep assisting you. We'll pass the feedback along to our team.

@DaniDub We really appreciate you time. Thanks for posting the issues that you've having with your Ionic, our team has a case open for this. I'm sure they will be of great help. See you around.

@SarahSpainhour9 We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing your feedback about our customer support interaction. I hope you get back on track really soon. Sorry for the time it will take but I'm sure it worth it. 

@Blackperl Thanks for posting your comments here. We've requested a case for you. Our team will be contacting you shortly, you can request all the information that you need from them. 

@SunsetRunner thanks for sharing your comments. Please make sure to follow the steps here. Let me know if you need anything else.

@Meeechella and @RMB07  Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to heat that you'll be back on track really soon. Let us know if you have any other questions.

@Prettypoise5 thanks for the time you took in order to troubleshoot this. I've noticed that you have some cases about this issue. Please keep communication open with our support team so they can check your options.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Fitbit Ionic. I woke up on 3/22 to a dead Fitbit. I had changed earlier during the week. I got home that night and tried charging. Nothing. I changed chargers and ports. Nothing. I cleaned cables and contacts. Nothing. Left charging overnight. Nothing. Grabbed my old Blaze (it’s a tank) and did my morning run. I got home and called Fitbit. My warranty ran out 12/24/2018. 40% off another Ionic or 20% of any other Fitbit. $300 is a lot of money for 15 months of use. Might be time to try a Garmin. Customer Support was really nice though. 

Best Answer
This is exactly how mine did!!
Best Answer

Hi Yojana,

I am experiencing the same issue. Went to bed in my hotel last week with watch at ~70% charge and woke up to an inoperable unit. Screen will not turn on, factory reset, and plugging in the charger does not cause unit to vibrate.

Just contacted live chat, performed all troubleshooting steps including cleaning contacts, but no luck. I was then told that the best that could be provided was a 25% discount for the purchase of a new unit. The watch is 13 months old an in perfect physical condition. This is my fourth FitBit and I have also purchased one for my wife and both parents due to the strength of the community and support of the organization as a whole. 

During the chat I requested to be contacted via phone by a supervisor and was told this is not possible. Continuing via chat was the only option. For what appears to be a common issue for units of similar age this is unacceptable. Please take my commitment to the brand into consideration and have someone contact me.

The case number is: 29504543 

Best Answer

Mine the same way!!!

--
Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hi YojanaFitBit,

I'm also experiencing the same issue.  I've tried all the recommended reset and charging recommendations including buying a new charging cable but my Fitbit won't power up.  Can you provide any other options?  I'm going to try to get someone on chat to see what warranty options are available to me.  Long time Fitbit customer but this failure is really making me rething the brand especially if there's on option to recover.

Best Answer

Same problem here, same resolution. You have to have patience and navigate through the instructions from the Chat Support person. Big hint; scan and have your original invoice/docket ready to upload. Full replacement on it's way.

Wayne

Best Answer
How long have you had your Fitbit? Mine was 3 months out of warranty?
--
Kevin R. Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

bought it 4th May 2018

Best Answer

My Fitbit Ionic screen suddenly went blank. It had about 90% charge and now it is completely dead. Sensors aren't working. The unit isn't responding when I put it on charge. I've tried the various reset methods outlined and still nothing happening.

Can someone please help with a solution?

Thanks,

Lorna

Best Answer

Lorna, I contacted Fitbit through the Chat, read my reply above.

Best Answer

Did you figure anything out? I have the same problem but I only bought mine 6 months ago. I have the warranty card but live in the Philippines. I don't want to have to ship the watch somewhere expensive if I can avoid it.

Best Answer

Can you help with me. I tried everything. Screen just shoeed the logo for a minute and then went off for good. And I had just charged to 100 percent. Charging now does nothing, it's completely dead. I only bought mine 6 months ago. I have the warranty card but live in the Philippines. I don't want to have to ship the watch somewhere expensive if I can avoid it.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't matter if you get it replaced. It will just have another issue, if not the same ones. I just got a replacement about a week ago because my 3 month old one died and already it isn't syncing to my phone, the Fitbit app can't even connect to it. It says "found it" but that's it. No moderators, I do not wish to contact support about it. They will tell me to follow the troubleshooting steps then tell me to send it in for a replacement even though I just got this one. How about send out quality product the first time, Fitbit, so your poor customer support team won't have to work to death to cover your @$$

Best Answer
Mine is 3 months out of warranty too. Only offered 25% off
Best Answer

I was an early adopter and purchased mine on Nov 2017, I also bought my wife one for X-mas 2017 - hers is still working.

I just got off with chat and was only offered 25% for being outside warranty. No wonder most of the Ionic line is on fire sale right now. 

I will be going with for my next watch.

Shame on you FitBit - you shouldn't push your customers away, I was very patient with your development and OS updates. Even with my coupon, I will not get another device from FitBit.

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

I truly believe that this is a software issue that has started occurring with the latest app update. Almost every one star review is dated with the latest version and all customers with all different model watches are having the same issue syncing. How about you hire some better people so that they can fix the codes that are screwing us all over. Debug this crap. It shouldn't take months. Or even just go back to the last version of the app until then. Do SOMETHING. Geez.

Best Answer