Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic stops tracking exercise during workout

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok this is the last chance for my fitbit...

Had for over a year and love the app, heart rate, sleep and step counting. However when it comes to exercise...?

Last 3 weeks

a) 12 miles into a bike ride the screen went blank. I had been monitoring the stats til then and didn't hit any buttons. I tried holding two buttons to reset and it then showed '0%' in red. I tried resetting again and it restarted showing the logo. I started the bike ride tracking on the ionic again and it tracked the last bit. Very annoying. Then 4 days later the bike run turns up in my stats but with 4400 mins as the duration and the 12.35 miles done til the blavk screen. Battery was 90% at start.

b) runs in last few weeks have regularly stopped part way through a run. Black screen appears, '0% ' in red, try resetting again and logo appears them clock face ( as abpve). Started run exercise on ionic again. Few mins later went to black screen again. This time I can't get it to restart. Get home and when I sync it shows the first distance and short second distance. Unacceptable.

So...can this be fixed?. I am meant to be exercising not worrying if my watch is working.

Fast coming to the conclusion that i just use my phone for recording runs and bike rides and then manually add them to fitbit.

If I had known it could do exercise I could have saved the money and stuck with my charge 2!!

Moderator edit: word choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes
45 REPLIES 45

Yeah, I such a shame. I don't want to manjay log as they keep recommending. I am leaning towards a different device. Hope you're having some luck with your new tracker. 

Best Answer

Thanks, I wonder how many people the tracking bug has affe Ted. I I was told by the chat guy that's its a small percentage. 

Best Answer

I only experience this problem occasionally now.  I noticed it seems to occur for me when their is an updated app that I need to download.  Once I download the updated app, I restart my device and it usually works.  Good Luck!  

Best Answer

Hi Andrea,

I've been logging manually but the tracker stops the exercise randomly and then recognises short parts of the run after that but then stops them too. This happened in a previous version too but last update sorted it. Any chance of this being fixed? Very frustrating. Thank you.

Best Answer

I cannot believe this has not been fixed, it's been over 2 years. I have been dealing with this for about 6 or 7 months, that I can remember. Now that I have increased the amount of exercises that I use it per week, the glitch is very noticeable. I am using my Ionic to record 3 to 4 different exercises per day and I am seeing it kick out of the exercise mode and back to the main screen, losing all of my exercise data. It is happening in each of the modes I use; Kickboxing, Run, Bike, Workout, Martial Arts, Treadmill, and Yoga. I am not going to manually record the workouts, that totally defeats the entire purpose of having this watch. Has there been any progress made in resolving this? Is there something that I can do that will prevent the restarts? I'm fine with disabling features as long as the device records the entire exercise activity. 

Best Answer

It's actually a complete joke that this has not been fixed. A GPS watch that can't record data! I've told loads of people to buy a Garmin GPS watch instead of the ionic. Recording things manually is NOT AN OPTION. I've got a Garmin. I bought this watch because I didnt like using both a fitbit and GPS watch. I've gone back to this because it still has not been fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes