Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I plugged it in and charged it, when I came back it was turned on. I couldn't get the thing to connect to the app so I followed the advice to restart but it never turned back on. I've held the proper buttons for 10 seconds, tried plugging it back in and nothing. Any advice?

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

Well this thing is a $300 piece of junk, I'm very upset that it randomly turns on but won't restart and won't connect with my phone. It won't perform a hard restart and customer service wants me to send them a video of me trying to turn it on like I don't know how to hold down buttons for 15 seconds. 

Best Answer

@Sciencegirl35 Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting started. It sounds like you're already in contact with our support team - they will definitely help you get this resolved.  

I know that some of their instructions might seem basic, but please understand that this isn't because they doubt your capabilities - they simply want to ensure that all possible troubleshoots have been followed before taking the next steps. 

If you've done a restart and the device doesn't appear to be coming back on, try pressing the left-side button.

Best Answer

Hello, I seem to have the same problem. New Iconic worked fine for 12 hours, then sync issue and now the device is dead. Restart left and bottom button does not work. 

Best Answer

@Hassi wrote:

Hello, I seem to have the same problem. New Iconic worked fine for 12 hours, then sync issue and now the device is dead. Restart left and bottom button does not work. 

I saw someone mention plugging the Ionic into the charger and socket and then performing the left and bottom button sequence. They said this fixed their dead device. Worth trying if you haven't already done so. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hello, after recharging (although I still had 70%) and pressing all three buttons for ten seconds it magically turned back on. Let’s see for how long. 

Best Answer

Thank you. worked with all three buttons pressed.

Best Answer

Hope it keeps working for you, I tried all that with no luck. Glad it worked for someone!

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

So yesterday, after I did the Ionic reset (Press and hold the Left and Right Bottom Button until the Fitbit Logo appears), which got everything back to normal, but then I received a message on my Ionic, which stated "I needed to plug in my Ionic to get all of my sensors calibrated (not in those words)".  At the time my Ionic was at 51% battery, which was pretty good for 2 full days.  So I plugged in my Ionic, charged it up and everything's A-Okay!  All sensors are working correctly and the Ionic is running like a champ, no issues to report at the present..  

Keep the faith folks, the Ionic is worth the effort!!!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also is not turning back on, worked fine for the first night when it was at 95% and then when I woke up nothing, completely dead wont restart !not a good experience with my first fitness tracker/smartwatch

Best Answer

This is not a good sign for sure.

Best Answer
Nope it isn't and i bought it specifically to use on the holiday I am on
now to cycle and walk with, now I just have a very expensive paperweight!
Best Answer

Mine worked for 4 days, then this morning it died (sort of) the only thing that appears to still work is the pulse sensor.  Haven’t tried a reset yet.

Best Answer

Reset worked, for me.  Makes me feel a little better, looks like it isn’t hardware related, software they can fix.

Best Answer
What buttons did you press to reset it? I tried left and bown buttons and
that did not work
Best Answer
0 Votes

Press, and hold left and bottom right buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah did that all I got was '0%' flash up for a second then disappear,
apart from that phone is completey unresponsive
Best Answer
0 Votes

looks like the battery is drained...so it's not taking a charge at all?  How long have you left it plugged into the charger?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it new yesterday and it came 3/4 charged, I charged it instantly the
rest of the way whilst it updated then took it out, I played about with it
for an hour last night when it went down to 95% charge, placed it carefully
in the box it came in to keep it safe. I woke up this morning and apart
fron 2 flasges of 0% it is completely unresponsive
Best Answer
0 Votes