Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is FB to Strava link down?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello FB,

Is your backend link to Strava down? My new run details from yesterday, which are uploaded to FB, are not showing up on my dashboard on Strava website.

Thanks

GT

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Yes, this situation has been acknowledge by both teams. However, it seems it is now working for some users. Is it now working properly for you too? Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

@ClareTr1 Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps and for sharing the step that helped you out. I'm glad you are back on track with this now. I'm also sure this will be helpful for other users too!

@SunsetRunner Thanks for providing those steps! It is very helpful for this thread. 

@GTPune Did the steps above worked for you? I'm glad to read your new activities are syncing now. Are any other activities lost in between?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR I have removed and then reauthorized the sync between Strava and Fitbit. And I have manually exported the .TCX files for each of the activities that failed to sync and manually imported them to Strava. So I think I have done everything. 

The issue for me isn't consistent at all. It happened once, then everything worked fine for a couple of weeks, then it happened again. It has been working fine for the last few days. But I can't conclusively say it's resolved yet.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for providing those details regarding this issue. I'm glad to read that, lately, it is working properly. Hopefully, it will continue like that.

Remember, this was acknowledged from both sides of the history, so it may be still coming back to normal these days. Please check if this happens again to you and let me know. I think it should be working better and better each time.

Best Answer

It just happened to me again @SantiR. Has been working fine for the last few weeks but today, activity did not sync to Strava. Can't see anything different about it. Just isn't syncing across. Manually exported from Fitbit and imported to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed a delay in activity synch today morning but my activity eventually appeared in Strava without any intervention from my side. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still wasn’t there the next day so I uploaded it instead

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @ClareTr1 @GTPune Thanks for your replies and for providing these updates regarding activities being transferred from Fitbit to Strava.

You may experience a delay in the activities being transferred which is a situation that is currently being checked on by our team. However, this can be fixed by doing the following:

You may have already tried those steps before, but it is worth trying them again. Please let me know if you continue to experience the same after trying the above.

Best Answer

@GTPune wrote:

I also noticed a delay in activity synch today morning but my activity eventually appeared in Strava without any intervention from my side. 

How long was the delay for you? I usually wait 2-3 hours for it and, if not there, then I manually export from Fitbit and import to Strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR is the issue still going on. My activity from today morning (4 hrs ago) had not appeared on Stravavyet.

@SunsetRunner last time it appeared in couple of hours. No such luck today.

Best Answer

seems soo

Best Answer
0 Votes

When contacting Strava, what was their response.

Best Answer

The sync from my Ionic to Strava has stopped - yesterday’s run, which is visible in the Fitbit app is still not in Strava. First run since 6th Aug when this all worked. Only thing I have changed since then is to update the fitbit app on iOS . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync is between your Fitbit account and the Strava account. Has any contacted Strava about this issue yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue yes I have opened a ticket with Strava support yesterday but if you read the last moderater post, this time the issue seems to be on Fitbit side.

Best Answer

Hi there @SunsetRunner, @GTPune@rahulganatra, and @SunsetRunner! Please refer to the last @SantiR's post here, make sure to follow the recommendations. Note that it seems it's now working for some users, so it may be still coming back to normal these days.

Another thing that may help in the meantime, is that if your tracker recorded normally, you can manually import to Strava. You can export an activity from Fitbit as a .tcx file, then upload the activity manually to Strava. Some users have mentioned this in this thread and it has helped.

We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we look forward to getting you back on track. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many days delay would you expect - currently waiting since 1st Sept. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started dropping GPS exercise events on 31 August. Revoked access and re-linked but no joy...uploads are sporadic and unpredictable. Also, when I try to manually download my run/ride to upload into Strava, I do not see the TCX option in the drop down - it's either CSV or XLS, neither of which is supported by Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you download as a tcx? My only options are csv and xls.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180905-072519.png

My activity on 3rd Sep was uploaded to Strava but activity from today morning was not. Strava is saying issue is on Fitbit side. Tried unliking / linking the accounts already.

Best Answer
0 Votes