Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading music on Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I get music on to my Fitbit Ionic? I used Spotify mainly. Do I have options to download a playlist with Spotify or am I out of luck? What other options would I have for music downloading?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Page 46 through 52

Pandora

or personal, yes, downloaded from a playlist into iTunes or windows media play (Win10), transfer when both your tracker and PC are connected to the same wifi network

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm an excited owner of the new Fitbit Ionic Smartwatch as of today and have been enjoying setting it up but have seem to run into a snag. One of the features I am thrilled Fitbit added to the Ionic is the ability to load music directly on it so you do not need your smartphone when you want to go for a run or workout...or anytime one wants to listen to music. The problem I've discovered is that the Fitbit Connect App for Mac doesn't seem to be updated to allow users to access the music manager and transfer playlists from iTunes or wherever. I am using a MacBook Air with the latest 10.12 MacOS but can't follow Fitbit's help 'how to' or video tutorial on youtube based on not even seeing the music manager option when you click on the Fitbit icon on the top bar. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is one of the main features I bought this product for. 

*I do know that the official launch date is 5-6 days away so perhaps the Fitbit Connect app for Mac has not been updated yet but I did 'preorder' this product and would expect the company to make sure if preorders are shipped early that all the features are accessible. 

Thanks,

JDW

Best Answer

I recall reading somewhere that there is an update coming on the release date that's supposed to fix this. Sorry to say but you have to be patient and this is what happens when you're an early adopter with any new tech.

Best Answer

Will it be possible to load music, podcasts and audiobooks onto the Ionic from a Chromebook?

To be honest, if I wanted to fiddle around with acquiring/buying, sorting, and uploading/downloading MP3s, I'd buy a cheap thumb-sized MP3 player. Really hoping Spotify and Audible apps arrive soon!

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Everyone -- To transfer music with Fitbit Connect, please click the applicable link below to download and install the Fitbit Connect software:

@pedris Nope, you will need a computer using a Mac or Windows operating system.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Nope, you will need a computer using a Mac or Windows operating system.

This is great news! I was told by Customer Support that only Windies 10 was able to transfer music to the Ionic.

Best Answer

What should one do if one doesn't have a Windows or iOS machine?

It would be great if some additional options for loading music were added asap (ChromeOS, Linux, Android, etc.) - especially with no apps or support for popular European music streaming services on the device.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Thank you, after the (re)-install of Fitbit Connect, everything works well, I transferred songs!

PS: I work with MacBook Pro, connect with bluetooth en wifi.

Best Answer

The Fitbit Ionic was connected to iPhone(Bluetooth).

Macbook en Ionic connected thru Wifi.

some screenshots:Schermafbeelding 2017-09-28 om 13.48.03.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-09-28 om 13.48.49.png

Schermafbeelding 2017-09-28 om 13.54.36.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-09-28 om 13.48.03.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you upload music without a laptop? I have an iPad and just use iTunes for my music.

again this was the main feature why I purchased this product.

any help appreciated . . . Please!

Best Answer

It seems we were all perhaps under the impression that in this day and age, you would be able to transfer music to it rather easily.

It turns out, this feature is difficult to use and is rather limiting.  I hope they decide to fix this feature and make it better....and soon.

Best Answer

@Annie311 wrote:

How do you upload music without a laptop? I have an iPad and just use iTunes for my music.

again this was the main feature why I purchased this product.

any help appreciated . . . Please!

@Annie311 You can't, a laptop or desktop computer is required.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Do we need one of those stupid dongle things as well? My computer doesn't have bluetooth.

This whole music loading process is one gigantic fail. That it can not be done from a phone like the Samsung Gear Fit 2 is beyond stupid. 

Best Answer

Yes. One big can of whoops, that was dumb.

FITBIT...please change this, this feature is dumb. Make it so we can do from our phones, or, whatever.

Best Answer

When I setup my Ionic, I did so via the Fitbit App on my PC (which did have Windows 10), which needed to connect to the Fitbit Ionic via Wi-Fi.  I would think if you have the Fitbit App PLUS a Wi-Fi connection, that the transfer would work regardless of the OS version or platform.  Of course I'm not an engineering person, but just a tech savvy user, who has dealt with a lot of things over the years.  The above makes sense, providing you are NOT having any connection issues.  Hope this helped!!!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but what do I do if my desktop PC (Win 10) has neither Wi-Fi nor Bluetooth, just internet via network cable?

Best Answer

Music transfer - what a ball ache! 

Now I’m pretty clued up on IT, but I’ve spent the best part of an hour trying to get this to work and still no further forward. Both Ionic and computer on same network but the app still shows searching, it won’t show my playlist library and the Ionic sits there in transfer mode, waiting.

Rethink your methodology here Fitbit.

Best Answer

Its working but you have to be sure that:

Ionic is on Bluetooth with your phone or notebook

You press Music app on Ionic and press Transfer 

On your notebook (in my case Macbook) start Fitbit connect (latest version) dispatch one day ago,

and press manage your music, it will search for yr Ionic watch.

By pressing on are IONIC on Transfer Music it will connect to wifi!

Then your notebook is able to find the Ionic and all will work (slowly).

Succes, it works flawless in my case!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it to work, but it's really really slow. 100 songs in an iTunes playlist and it estimates 20 minutes to transfer. 

Best Answer