Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Storage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love that the Ionic will have music storage.  How do you get the music onto the Ionic?  Can you transfer songs from other, competing websites that you have already purchased, like from iTunes?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MissCSR To add to @USAF-Larry's response, you can store more than 300 songs on-device (2.5GB) or download your top stations from Pandora. Simply connect to your computer via Wi-Fi and use the Fitbit Connect app on your Mac computer, the Fitbit App on Windows PC, or the Fitbit mobile app for Pandora stations to transfer your favorite tunes to Ionic so you can take them anywhere you go, without needing your phone nearby.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@MissCSR, from the Unboxing Video of the device comes these words about the Music capability:

"The Fitbit Ionic has the ability to store music on the watch and then play it back to Bluetooth wireless headphones.  In fact, the company is so invested in this concept that it came out with its own wireless headphones as part of this launch.  More on that in the next section though.

The unit contains 2.5GB of internal storage available to music.  That music can come in the form of music you own and transfer to the watch, as well as from streaming services – most notably at launch: Pandora.

The Ionic comes pre-loaded with the Pandora app, which allows paid Pandora subscribers to store music on the watch itself.  Within the Pandora realm, you’ve essentially got two options for music sync:

A) Auto-sync your top stations (which will always include your Thumbprint Station)
B) Select to auto-sync up to three ‘popular workout’ stations on Pandora."

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/08/fitbit-ionic-gps-smartwatch-all-the-details.html

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MissCSR To add to @USAF-Larry's response, you can store more than 300 songs on-device (2.5GB) or download your top stations from Pandora. Simply connect to your computer via Wi-Fi and use the Fitbit Connect app on your Mac computer, the Fitbit App on Windows PC, or the Fitbit mobile app for Pandora stations to transfer your favorite tunes to Ionic so you can take them anywhere you go, without needing your phone nearby.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it be compatible with Amazon Music? Some of us don't use ITunes or Pandora.

Best Answer

Is this answer the same for UK users? I don't know 1 person who uses Pandora in the UK, most use Google music, iTunes, Amazon music, Spotify or Deezer. I may buy this watch if I can use any of the apps I've just mentioned, otherwise I'll just stick with my sony sw3 and forego the HR monitor as music streaming is key and would help warrant a premium price.

Best Answer

Pandora has withdrawn service for Australia & New Zealand, I wouldn't be promoting this a watch feature unless alternatives can be put in place

Best Answer

is there any possibility of being able to choose what music streamer you want to use on the Fitbit ionic such as Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play Music etc. is this an option that we will have? If not can it be a possibility in the near future? Because i LOVE some good music in the background while i work out or just go for a jog and it will be even better if i don't even need to have my phone with me to do so. There is also the problem that some people in other countries can't even access the default Music streaming option.

Just wondering.

=1

Best Answer

Well, that's all good, except for those that don't use Pandora, or have the App on Windows.

I use Itunes, and have a lot of workout playlists.  How would one go about transferring playlists to from device without Pandora or Windows App?  Not enough detail here to drive a purchase decision.

What playlist formats do you support, what media formats?

Best Answer

Hi, @Exercisemaniac, I have created a feature request to add Spotify app to the Ionic so that users outside the US can access a music streaming service.

You can vote for the feature request here.  The more votes, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

When it comes to transferring physical files, what file formats are supported? My entire music collection is in FLAC format. Will the fitbit PC application convert these? Or is MP3/AAC only supported?

Best Answer

I have the same question as above. 

What formats is supported and are there a music player included in the ionic?

I have not seen any pictures of any music player in the meny/app list in the ionic...

Best Answer

I'd also like to know if the advertised 2.5GB is dedicated music storage space (i.e. won't be used by apps) as implied by the reviews I've read:

"...the Ionic offers 2.5GB of local storage for music — which is around 300 songs, or up to three Pandor......" - The Verge

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

Everybody supports FLAC nowadays even Apple. It would be really "Ionic" if this doesn't 😞 My entire music collection is FLAC as well.

Best Answer
Best Answer

So, there were a couple of steps left out of the directions.  And, to Eric the Moderator, I don't think your solution solved the problems.  

First, after you've downloaded the Fitbit app to your computer, in order for your computer to find your watch on the wifi---YOU MUST FLICK RIGHT ON THE WATCH to access your apps.  (They're hiding over there).  You will see the music app on your watch.  Select it and select when it says "transfer".  NOW your computer can find your watch.  

Secondly, you MUST MAKE A PLAYLIST ON YOUR ITUNES ON YOUR COMPUTER.  I had a playlist on my phone, but that is not enough.  When you make a playlist on the itunes on your computer, it makes a copy of the music in your music folder on your computer, so that it can be found by the fitbit app on your computer.  

I have to say, whoever wrote the directions for doing this in the manual didn't do a good job.  This really reflects negatively on fitbit that they let these directions roll out incompletely.  

Best Answer

Does the Ionic accept other formats like mp4. I made a playlist folder on my mac with about 70 songs but only 17 went through.  Any additional information will be helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am struggling still. I can see the iTunes folders through the fitbit app but not the music files in them and so there are no files to transfer. I know they are there but for some reason the fitbit app can't see them??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's the solution.  Except it only works about 1 out of every 25 tries.  Really?

Best Answer

Mine's doing the same with my Windows Media Player.  Its recognizing folders and that there is music, but says the total minutes is zero?!?

Best Answer