Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not charging or turning on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic died during the night, and when I went to charge it this morning, nothing. Did not turn on, not reseting.....nothing. Has anyone else had a problem so far? Contacted FitBit support, was told to leave it on charge overnight and see what happens? Not a happy chap to say the least....

Had it for all of 48 hours....

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71
Reset it. Hold all three buttons same time. Shud work. Good luck
Best Answer

yeah i had did it before and after hold all 3 buttons the screen go dark and there is nothing happen

not even vibrate , and if i wait about 10 mins it will show fitbit logo still screen again

Best Answer
Sorry. Mine started worki g again.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a third party socket?  Please Help.  Down for two weeks.  Ionic fitbit people  need to get on this quick  your community is talking.  This is not good.

Best Answer

Ahhhh this trick saved my life!! I have been trying for days to get this thing to turn on. It took a few times then turned on. Thank you!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
AWESOME!

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me as well. Tried iPhone charger, LG charger... Nothing. Used cheap 1amp charger, lit right up (holding down reset buttons at the same time).

Best Answer
0 Votes

HOOORRAYY!!! 

I was so desperate that none of the tricks worked, black screen, not charging and just tried your trick of "Holding the left button and bottom button while inserting the power cable into the plug, it magically sprung to life!!" 

AND NOW IT WORKS AGAIN!! Surprisingly it was actually fully charged! 

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU for writing your trick here! ! 

Best Answer

Similar saga with my 6 month old Ionic.  Went flat overnight, unsurprisingly as it was in the red but I forgot to plug it in the night before.  Black screen and no reaction when cable attached. Left it 30 mins, but still dead. Checked the charger - OK.  Checked the cable - OK, 5.3V across the pins.  Ionic did not respond to numerous attempts at the 2 button/attach cable restart mentioned elsewhere in this forum.  However, 3 button restart DID work! - patience needed, it doesn't spring back into life immediately. Interestingly, the Ionic's time shown on restart was the time when I attached the charge cable this morning - looks as if sometimes very low battery and connecting the charger can crash it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to fix this for days and this finally fixed it!!! Thanks!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cool!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  This solution worked for me too, though it took a few tries.  I was about to throw watch, charger and the lot across the room when it just sprang to life!  

Best Answer

Thanks dannyb2100! This worked for me. Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the recommended fix, worked like a charm. It is extremely frustrating to have many issues with something only 6 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for the top tip!

thought mine had died and wanted to cry but followed your instructions and now happily back to life!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this crap for only 3days and only got 2hrs of use out it !! I've been trying everything!!! I'm so ready to throw this thing!!!!! SMH Never AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE ANYTHING FITBIT!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah I returned mine and bought an Apple Watch. Best decision I ever made!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The three button reset worked for me on the second try. Nothing else had worked. Apparently it’s best not to let the battery run down all the way. Thanks for the tip. I had pretty much given up and ready to pitch this ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here's verbatim what Fitbit Support sent me at the time. If this doesn't work, spend your time finding your purchase receipt and claim a replacement if its still in warranty, or try requesting a discount on a replacement if it's out of warranty.

"We're sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Fitbit Ionic and we appreciate all your troubleshooting efforts.

In most cases, you can resolve the issue by giving your tracker what's called a "factory reset" and then setting up the tracker as a replacement on your Fitbit account. Note that a factory reset erases any data stored on your tracker.

To do a factory reset, follow the instructions:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive).
3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons.
4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
5. When the watch successfully resets, Use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware (See How do I update my Fitbit device?).
If you still can't sync your tracker please let us know, but hopefully this gets you back on track."
Best Answer
0 Votes