Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough power from source message while charging-Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I plug in my Ionic to charge I get a message that says “Can not charge - not enough power from source”. I have tried to move it to other outlets but get same message. Even reset it with no luck.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity  

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Totally useless answer. Lack of respect for customers.  I have this watch for 8 months and always used the same usb charger location. Worked fine for 8 months. Now this error message.  Fitbit, if you don't step to the plate, last product for me. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

@mistrall22 most of the responses in this thread are from your fellow fitbit users, and the chosen answer was picked by the original poster. Apparently for them, this answer was the fix. 

If the answer is not adequate for a user, it may be better to start a new thread about their problem, rather then jumping on a solved thread. 

Has fitbit been contacted.

Posting in a community forum is simply responding to fitbit users. 

BTW have the contacts been cleaned. 

Maybe the charger isn't working as it should be. 

Best Answer

The chosen answer according to my reading had one vote. There is a problem with the Ionic charging. It is not a bunch of people who suddenly forget how to charge it. 

Best Answer

Hi @Suzygil  votes aren't how the best answer is determined. What @Rich_Laue posted above is correct. I routinely vote when I agree with what someone wrote. Not everyone votes on posts when they are reading a thread.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

As mentioned above, the chosen answer is usually picked by the original poster, not by votes. 

Best Answer

Craziest non-answer I have ever heard. Maybe that type of answer works in Washington politics for someone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ladd  the original post was close to two years ago. If the member who posted it wasn't happy, they would have returned to say something by now. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@ladd your point is? 

I was a imply explaininghow these communities work. 

We have the community guidelines. and the community basics, that explain what to expect. 

Best Answer

From reading the 'Best Answer' I conclude the following:

- Yes, there's a bug in the new OS

- The message means there's something wrong with the power source

- If the solution is 'plug it into a computer usb port instead' then the problem probably is't that there's 'not enough' power from the source but that there's too much power from the source

- Therefore there is a need for a message about the power source, but the text should probbly say something more like 'issue found with the power source, charging may be affected' 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fomahony your computer's USB port is only designed to provide a half an amp. While some phone chargers may provide 2.5 amps. 

The Sense (and Versa) have quick charging circuits and can take advantage of the higher current. As for the Sense, it will only draw the amount of current it is able to draw. This is how electricity works and why you can plug a night lite that uses less that an amp into the same outlet with a hair dryer that pulls almost 10 amps. 

The not smooth power is usually caused by a bad connection, or a lower current USB supply. 

Best Answer

Thanks Rich,

The message said 'not enough power' when using the phone charger but the fix was to change to a source providing less power (the computer USB port), hence my conclusion that a message was called for but the message presented was incorrect or at least misleading.

My Iconic gives me the exact same 'not enough power' message every single time I charge it, but this only began after the last reset/OS upgrade. 

Fortunately, it's always fully charged in a couple of hours so there doesn't seem to be a real issue.

Best Answer

I have found this error message, now and than, sometimes cleaning the contacts, on charger or watch solves issues, sometime, reboot of Ionic, sometimes, unplug charger from AC sometimes, unplug USB from charger, sometimes it just goes away. So yeah it is a message that something is wrong, but not detailed enough to explain how to fix it.

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

Same here!

I find scrubbing the contacts with an alcohol prep pad each attempt (sometimes) helps. Ridiculous.

I need to get a new device, but I'm not sure whether to try another Fitbit (avg. lifespan less than 2 years on each device I've owned...) or move to Apple Watch, which may not be as much a fitness watch but at least they stand behind their product....

Best Answer
Recall for Ionic pays you $299, with the included recall coupon, you can buy the best Fitbit  and have money leftover.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread because it is too old, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer