Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!
Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

Hello everyone one! As said in this thread, we are working to resolve an issue affecting device functionality, including:

• syncing
  • setup/firmware updates (Versa/Ionic) 
  • downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery (Versa/Ionic)

Our engineers are working hard to resolve the issues, and to try sync/setup/FWUP/etc later.

This is the banner you may see at some point, this one in the Help Site 

banner.png

And this one, here in the Community Forums at the top of the page:

banner2.png

Thanks for the heads up on this my friend @GySgt_Seidell, you've been very helpful! Robot Very Happy

We'll make sure to update when issue is resolved. Stay tuned! 

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

expected time line??

Best Answer
0 Votes

See the red banner at the top of the forum. They are working on it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated the Ionic OS. I believe it said it was version 2. The firmware version is 27.32.4.19. My Ionic was working fine until the OS update.

I am now in the "Clock Error" situation. I cannot select another clock due to the ongoing issue. I did a manual reset of my Ionic by holding the left and right bottom buttons for ~10 seconds until the Fitbit logo was displayed. However, that did not fix the issue. I cannot do a factory reset because I cannot access the Settings screen on the Ionic. I can only view the Clock Error screen or scroll down to view notifications. That's it.

Fitbit Support - The company needs to *DISABLE* the OS update as it's going to keep "bricking" Ionics! I would be perfectly happy with the older OS since my Ionic would still be working. The Fitbit phone app was persistent about doing the update that I did it ASAP. Smiley Sad

Best Answer
Mine eventually did update, it just took so long I thought it was stuck. I
think it was a very large update, also the first one I ever did. Give it
some time! Hopefully its just big and slow 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

It took a month before my Ionic finally updated to the new IOS. Now it has a clock error and tells me to choose a new clock. I go to the app and no clocks show. So now my ionic does nothing.  Lost notifications 3months ago. Any help? Complete JUNK right now

Best Answer

i go to change my clock but the app it's loading? i've deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it 3 times i've downloaded it on my ipad and it's still not working? if you could please suggest what i could do i've had to reset my watch to factory settings today due to it not tracking sleep and exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi TCHBlog

Why are you factory resetting your watch.  It is not your watch that is the issue it is the app itself. If the app is not working correctly the watch will be affected.   They are working on fixing the issue.

Best Answer

It's "T3CHBloG". And because at the time of my post there was no information given that they are working on the issue, or even that they knew what the issue was. 

And factory resetting a device is typically a good way to fix some common issues.

And lastly,  this issue affects the operation of the Ionic in general. There is no navigation possible. Not cool at all for such an expensive piece of technology.

Best Answer

There is a system wide issue with the fitbit server. It affects all users who are updating right now. They should have it resolved shortly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

having the exact same issue with the clock error screen and you cant factory reset because you can not access the setting, this is ridiculous for a $300 watch, and also before the clock error i was having trouble with the heart rate not working and steps not counting. 

Best Answer

I agree.  My friend and I have the same problem.  The first suggestion (reset phone, turn off bluetooth, reset app.etc.)  didn't work.

Best Answer

My Ionic "FINALLY" updated the firmware and now the watch will not restart or show anything but the "Clock Error" on the face. i have restarted the FITBIT app and restarted my phone numerous times and nothing. I am not sure what to do next. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i reset my watch when it wasn't working before and it worked perfectly fine, it worked fine straight after i reset it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bkize: In my opinion, I don't believe it is the update, rather a bug on Fitbit's end. I've been on v2 for several days without a hitch.

As many have pointed out, they are working on it. Don't fall into my trap. Be patient. I'm pretty sure it will be resolved today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After changing to a new watch face I started getting notifications as "to continue using ASK please visit kzl.io....", checking on the community I understand that that watch face was on sale and that my trial period was expired.. Now that problem is that I cannot change the watch face anymore, in the app's session of faces doesn't show me the options and I get either the message that I don't have an internet connection (when of course I do) or that the app is not connected to any smart watch (when of course it is and it is also well synchronized) what can I do? I was about to set the watch to original settings but I'm afraid I'd lose all data from the app to! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i reset it when the server was okay and it was because it hasn't been tracking my exercise or sleep for the past few days this resolved the issue and i went out for a run an fit worked fine. when i posted my comment on this, there was no info about this being a problem i wasn't aware that everyone else had this problem too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sire75,

Currently Fitbit is having an issue with the downloading of clock faces on the app.   Please see hot pink banner on the top of the page for more information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

churchwell51: (and everyone interested, actually) you can factory reset without the app by doing the following:

Press and hold all 3 buttons. You will see the Fitbit logo appear. When it disappears, let go of the bottom right button. When you feel it vibrate, let go of the other 2. 

I did this twice, so I know it works. 

Best Answer

How long it is gonna take??? Pushing a message on the app itself regarding the update would have helped a lot of people. 

Best Answer