Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Ionic calibration message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 5/23: This issue is now resolved. 

Huge thanks to everyone who endured this calibration notification. Your quick and detailed feedback helped our team to identify and implement a fix. Robot Happy

If you are still seeing this calibration notification, please the steps I posted here to successfully calibrate your Ionic. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the steps detailed above, please feel free to let me know by starting a new topic on the Ionic board. 

Fitbit Update 04/25/2018: Thanks again for your continued patience as our team works towards a resolution to this issue. 

I appreciate all the feedback we have received in response to this calibration error. This information was very helpful for our team as they identified to root cause of the error. 

We hope to have this fix implemented soon and I will be sure to keep you all updated on when this release will start to roll out. 

I recognize that this is not an ideal experience, so I truly appreciate you all bearing with us while our team gets this sorted out. 

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me.

Fitbit Update 04/09/2018:  Just wanted to thank you all for your continued patience as our engineers work to fix this calibration error message issue. 

As mentioned previously, our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to some and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

Special thanks to all who have confirmed whether or not they had performed a factory reset prior to receiving this message.  

If you have any additional questions, you know where to find me!

Fitbit Update 03/27/2018: Hi all. 

Some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working to have it resolved in a future update. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

Thanks to all of you who have spent the time to report this issue, as your experiences have been forwarded to our engineering team. 

In the meantime, please ignore the calibration message, as it periodically may continue to pop up. 

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out. Thanks again all! Robot Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
433 REPLIES 433

Think all in, we are all saying for something that is not that new anymore to the market, though new to many of us, like mine.... just two weeks old it is pretty rubbish to have these problems. 

I am find it is no better except in looks to a basic HR Charge.... the calibration issue means, no idea if accurate, the not able to sync that well, not displaying messages consistently and mine displays it is on charge when it is on my wrist are all cause for return. 

If you bought a new car, that would' start, stop, go left of right there would be uproar and yet we have, wait for an update ?? sometime soon, maybe, possibly .......

Best Answer

And people keep coming forward...

Best Answer

I spoke to Fitbit customer service about mine. Told them I’d tried all the resetting etc. They sent me a new replacement unit which fingers crossed is working fine now.  My original unit wouldn’t calibrate or track heart rate or steps following update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! 

Thank you for sharing all these details, as it was previously mentioned on the thread the Developers Team is already aware of the error message that people are getting in order to complete the calibration. At the moment we don't have an update available since a fix will be released with a future update. 

Thank you again for you patience and understanding! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you the messages, and I have also been in touch with customer services.

I bought a product based on the advertised features that, upon opening the packaging and setting up which included an update does not work correctly.

However, just appreciating my patience whilst fix something  that doesn't work as advertised is not good enough. 

When is the fix due to be implemented, what is the time scale? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You guys have got to be kidding.
This is your response after three weeks?
I want my money back. This is insane. Not good customer service at all.
I am very disappointed with Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Fitbit why not reimburse or replace everyone's Ionic? If you are aware we have been trying to reach you with issues, at this point, why not replace them?  I dont understand the lack of support after your upgrade killed our fitbit.  This is on your process.

Best Answer

In an IT environment, we use to call this a Blackbox scenario and encountered it often in relation to MS Windows. MS was/is famous for acquiring tech that they wanted for one or some specific features to include in their OS but the issue would be that once implemented it could/would often break other areas that previously worked. It would be very frustrating to work with because sometimes there just wasn't a fix until an "update" came out from MS.

The ionic didn't come about until after Fitbit acquired Pebble and implemented the OS on the device. If everyone were, to be honest, I think the OS ver.1 was simply Pebble OS skinned with Fitbit branding and it just worked. The OS ver.2 wasn't designed for the ionic it was designed for the versa which lacks a lot of the features of the ionic and it seems that real life testing was skipped or ignored.

The "canned" responses we are receiving from Fitbit are probably the best they can offer because it is apparent that the Dev team has/had no idea what broke and why and the reason nothing has been pushed out as a fix is probably because either they don't know of a fix yet AND/OR they don't know if it really is fixed AND/OR they aren't sure if something else will break on either/or the Ionic/Versa.

Well, in the tech world **ahem** happens and those of us that you are hearing from are FAR less than those who have stayed silent and opted to just return or get rid of your product. Even worse, those who are silent are NOT being silent when it comes to advocating your brand. In fact, they are doing the opposite.

@Fitbit the BEST solution to get ahead of where this is headed:

1. Own up to the mistake

2. Provide HONEST feedback and updates as to what is going on

3. Work to get this resolved.
4. Rinse, repeat and if in doubt look to step 1.

I am available to discuss in further detail if you would like. 

David

Best Answer

I have been receiving this message and my other half has the same watch and he has not had it. When will this be resolved?

Best Answer

Add this to the list of things they need to fix with this watch... Buy the flagship watch for what? Most issues and for the company to jump ship and release new/cheaper watches instead ABSOLUTE JOKE 

Best Answer

"as it periodically may continue to pop up"

???

Really? it happens EVERY night at 8:00 PM. Very annoying.

This is my 4th Fitbit product...if it's not resolved soon, it will be my last.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit I too did an update and got the calibration error, except contrary to your update message; my device does not function normally as intended. Does not measure steps, heartbeat, stairs and minutes active. The battery also dies within a day when I don't even wear it.
I have done a factory reset and it did not fix the issue, any other tips or is this device just dead and should be replaced?

Best Answer

I good company would offer options. I want to believe they will fix it because I like the product.  But....I’m done. 

Best Answer
I returned mine because of this. I'm bummed. I had really like my ionic
beforehand.
Best Answer

No,

My indicated heart rate is consistently 20 - 30 BPM less than actual.  (as measured both manually and by a cateye HRM)

Am constantly in touch with FITBIT but their advice is contradictory  Tighten the band, slacken the band moveit up your arm move it closer to your hand.  Don't think they understand anatomy, my forearm tapers to the wrist so id I move it away from hand its on a wider part and slips down.

move it closer to hand and it catches the back of my hand moving it off the wrist and potentially disrupting the signal.

I don't use the steps.  Primarily I wanted to be able to track HR to work in correct zones.

Best Answer
Call them up I got a replacement within a week which works fine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

complained on 3rd April about this and not been offered replacement

have asked at leats twice now (latest today)  to return watch for a refund as it is not fir for its purpose.  

Awaiting a response.

Best Answer

I have organised a refund with the supplier, as the product is not working as promised at purchase. I recommend all to do the same, the product is a lemon. I will be buying an activity tracker that works. Bye FitBit. Poor products. Poor customer service. Never again.

Best Answer

Come on Fitbit. Don't you see people are leaving you because of poor response. You can do better than just saying we know and please wait. 

You see how many weeks have passed without proper communication. We are excited to see Fitbit personnel to reply but after reading the reply, It makes us angrier because nothing new. It is just SSDD. 

Best Answer

I hate to say this. I also feel that Fitbit is taking a bit too long for everyone liking to properly name a date of fix release.

If there is no further concrete date of solution in two weeks. I think i will also let go of this product and go for another brand.

Don't u see Fitbit, not only customers are walking away, they will tell their friends and families to stay away from your products.

The new Fibit Versa will not sell well for sure.

Get yourself together and do the right thing by your customers and yourself. 

Best Answer