Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen display wrist sensitivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I sometimes feel I needs to make more effort for the screen to activate. A slow turn of the wrist does nothing ( screen stays black) - is this normal ?

And if i am lying down, I will need to rotate my wrist a few times before the screen displays anything - is this how it's supposed to be ?? I would expect my ionic display/screen to react a little faster ....

also, touching the screen will sometime do nothing when it's supposed to activate the screen. 

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

I have the same problem about the Ionic no longer turning on with a wrist twist. When I swipe to the right to get the "Gear" settings there is no option for "Screen Wake"

@EvKo wrote:

I had the same issue and contacted support. It was so simple to fix! From the main display swipe to the right to go to settings and make sure t

@EvKo wrote:

I had the same issue and contacted support. It was so simple to fix! From the main display swipe to the right to go to settings and make sure that "Screen Wake" is in Auto and not Manual. That was my issue. Once I fixed this it works like a charm.

. That was my issue. Once I fixed this it works like a charm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My previous message is wrong your instructions are perfect. I was swiping to the left. I had forgotten that there was a screen to the left of the clock which can be found with a right swipe. I found the manual -auto option for the screen and it works now.

Would suggest that the Ionic programmers set up the screens to loop 360 so you could go through the full set of options by swiping in either direction.

Best Answer

Thought that might have been the case. 

I'd actually like the option to fix the screen wake option with a pin as it keeps changing to manual on mine and I think it's my coat sleeve doing it when it's damp in rain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue - had somehow set to manual. All sorted now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please consider providing an adjustment to screen wake sensitivity in the next software update!  Thanks

Best Answer

I've been very frustrated with this as well.  My last watch was a Pebble (which was bought by fitbit) and it had an always-on screen.  I was able to glance down during meetings and see the time.  I could hold a child and still peek at my wrist to see texts come in.  The brighter the sun, the better.

Now, I need to hold the watch at a nice flat angle, then slowly rotate my wrist, and then pause, and wait for the time to display.

It seems like whining, but I'd be willing to sacrifice the 3 day charge for an always-on setting.  Or at the very least a more sensitive display-on option.

I know it will never compete with the pebble, as far as being a smart watch, but I hope there will be some flexibility here.

Best Answer

This answer was absolutely the PERFECT FIX!! Just swipe ur main screen to the left and change the "Wake" button to "Auto".

Once i did that, it immediately started working perfectly everytime that i raised my wrist to look at the time. I did press the left button as the same time as the bottom right button, to shut the Fitbit down amd restart it, before i changed the "Wake" button to "Auto". It works perfectly everytime now.

Best Answer
That works.... if you raise it just right. If you're on, say, an
elliptical machine and you want to glance at your watch to see how long
you've been on, you better be sure you've set it to "always on" in the
settings, because that glance-down isn't going to work and you need to take
your hand off and raise it just right to see it - even in the "auto" mode.

If you've got it in "auto-mode" and you have a couple bags of groceries in
your hands, and you get a text from your spouse, and you try to look down
to see what it was, or at least who it was... nope. gotta lever that bag
up horizontally, twist your wrist away from you "slowly" and then back
towards you, wait a barely perceptible amount of time.... but still
perceptible annoyance, and THEN you'll see it. And hope it wasn't an
email, because then you've got to dig out that phone.

The frustration was too much for me. I went and got the Garmin Fenix 5s,
which was like $500, but the vivioactive probably would have done it at
$280. (I swim in the ocean, so I needed the 10ATM)

Anyway, along with some other things, the transflective always-on screen
got me. Being able to glance at my wrist in bright sunlight without even
thinking about it was a big win. The ionic is pretty, but it is a series
of compromises.
Best Answer

It is no longer there as an option after recent software update. 

Best Answer

I have the same difficulty with waking my Ionic.  2-3 days after I starting using it, it completely blacked out and did not work at all.  Total black screen.  I read that resetting it while plugged in to power would help and after several tries it reset.  After that I noticed it is hard to wake and i have to tap it several times and/or press the left-side button and even that is sluggish to respond.  I had the Surge for 3 years and it was much quicker to respond.  I loved that watch and have great hope that Ionic will be even better.  However, this sluggish response needs to be fixed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dude you are the man that worked 100 percent!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  That fixed mine!  I didn't realize there was another set of settings going the other direction.  I had been to the Settings icon and couldn't find anything related to screen display sensitivity there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree. I had the constantly faulting Surge but it was much more practical as a usable watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That option is not available in my Ionic settings ? How else can I fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not there. I have swiped right ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't swipe from the left now. Try holding down the left hardware button, the setting is there!

Best Answer

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect! 

Holding the button on the left side for a coup,e of seconds brought up the menu for the wake screen.  Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issues is with the speed in which in turns on. Having used and apple watch Series 3 (in the same price range). I really tried to like the ionic and the fitbit community, but when you compare the reaction times to the apple watch the IONIC is so slow to respond. Its all fir and well if you check the time when raising your wrist in slow motion but if your do this at a normal seed I can turn my wrist and check the time with the apple and get moving again before the fitbit has woken up. Granted this is fraction of a second but it makes the difference in the overall experience and usability. Come on FITBIT sort it out, as it stands I am back to the apple watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes