Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen display wrist sensitivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I sometimes feel I needs to make more effort for the screen to activate. A slow turn of the wrist does nothing ( screen stays black) - is this normal ?

And if i am lying down, I will need to rotate my wrist a few times before the screen displays anything - is this how it's supposed to be ?? I would expect my ionic display/screen to react a little faster ....

also, touching the screen will sometime do nothing when it's supposed to activate the screen. 

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Nailed it!  Thanks for the tip to hold down the button.  This answer should be tagged to the top of this thread as it resolves the issue most people with the current software update.  Hold left hardware then set screen Wake to Auto

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally, a good answer for the Screen Wake setting.  It seems that the setting problem has to do with the version of Firmware.  It would have been nice if the newer firmware supported both ways to get to the Screen Wake setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community forums @bobcanna, it's good to see you around for the first time. 

It could be a useful implementation to have a few options to get to the Screen Wake feature on the watch. Unfortunately we haven't received any information about this being implemented with the latest firmware version. Thank you for your feedback and comments about this. 

Keep on stepping. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thnx gryzer. That worked for me .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent @Arliebarlie, thank you for sharing this update, and welcome to the Community forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rebooted mine and it seems to work a little better. Still not auto-motion on perfect, but the tap-on is better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news @norman_h, thank you for the update. 😀

Let me now how your watch is behaving for the next few days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first got my Fitbit Charge 3 in Jan of 2020,  I could turn my wrist and the face lit up. A few months later, it began to light up more often when I moved my wrist. Now I have to press the sides to get it to light up. This is inconvenient when I just want to check the time. Can you please help me know how to get my watch to light when I turn my wrist as it originally did? 

Best Answer