Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen display wrist sensitivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I sometimes feel I needs to make more effort for the screen to activate. A slow turn of the wrist does nothing ( screen stays black) - is this normal ?

And if i am lying down, I will need to rotate my wrist a few times before the screen displays anything - is this how it's supposed to be ?? I would expect my ionic display/screen to react a little faster ....

also, touching the screen will sometime do nothing when it's supposed to activate the screen. 

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Mine doesn't wake up at all unless I press the button, or double tap really hard.  I had the Surge and Charge 2 prior, the displays both "woke up" with an acceptable amount of sensitivity though the Charge 2 was too sensitive, I think.  Hopefully the next update will include a more sensitive adjustment.

Best Answer

I received my ionic yesterday, set it up and everything worked fine. Now it doesn't wake up unless I double tap or press button. Just a little frustrating !

Best Answer
I think the confusion is around if it's a fault with the ionic , or it it just not supposed to be very sensitive ?
It can be frustrating spending multiple attempts just trying to see the time !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the same issue and contacted support. It was so simple to fix! From the main display swipe to the right to go to settings and make sure that "Screen Wake" is in Auto and not Manual. That was my issue. Once I fixed this it works like a charm.

Best Answer
Thanks - but mine is already set I auto . I might email support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am sorry to hear this. Try to use Support Chat. They have always been very helpful. Please let us know how it went.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank You
Best Answer
0 Votes

Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is hard to wake as well even in auto.  Tapping screen hardly works once asleep for a while.  Turning wrist while doing spinning today only worked half the time...  I'm not happy at all!

Best Answer

Try to tap two times on the top of the watch!

it react better

6A68EC7B-DD8F-4FF6-813A-38C7627C5020.jpeg

Best Answer

I have no problems whatsoever, it wakes with a slow turn even.  

https://youtu.be/nsxKUCgXQng

Best Answer
Hi launyon,

Thanks for sharing the YouTube video. So useful to see how my device should have been working! Does your ionic respond well with the screen tap feature ( tapping the screen to activate the display even if the device had been 'sleeping' for a few mins )?

Fitbit agreed to send me a replacement ionic . I returned my faulty device 5 days ago so hoping the new one is one its way.

Thanks again for sharing the video

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome, yes double tap is OK as well but I use raise to wake mostly

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great to hear .

How are you finding the ionic generally ? I actually enjoyed most of the functions and am missing the device while I wait for a replacement!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine works perfectly. Much more reliable then it ever was on my Blaze. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love it so with apps I'm expecting to love it more

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me after about 3 days I’m wondering if because the battery is below 50% it stops turning screen on unless you tap it or press button? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t have a screen wake option do you have to do it on the app? 

Best Answer

Swipe right it's there. Set to auto 

Best Answer
0 Votes