Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

Loving my gear sport .Works fantastically well with a galaxy phone and the Spotify integration is great for music on the run. Surprisingly quick to sync offline music too as the WiFi actually works. 

Ionic - Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer

When will you have more details regarding that? 

and When will we receive a new firmware release? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

please give us spotify 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got the Ionic...pissed to find out Spotify not an offered App. Honestly might take this back.

Best Answer

Agreed,  that’s what I did with the five ionics I  bought for the family

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a bummer to have to carry your phone, but you can control your Spotify
that’s playing on your phone from your icon.

To control Spotify from your Icon, while in Bluetooth range of your icon,
follow these steps:

On your phone, Hit play on a track

On your icon, press and hold the left button
There are 2 choices:
Screen wake
Music Controls- Choose this one

Now you can

change tracks
Volume up
Volume down

To Go to the music control, remember:

Press and hold left button!

I decided to keep the icon vs going with an Apple Watch, primarily for
cost, but also for the community, challanges, and familiarity of the
interface.

Best,

Chaz

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whole point of buying this watch was to leave the phone at home when I run.
I'd rather have no music....thinking I will downgrade to the blaze but
still have 2 weeks to decide.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding having Spotify on Fitbit watches.

I understand this one of the most acclaimed features by both Fitbit and Spotify users. We need to keep voting for the idea found on Fitbit's Feature Suggestions Board as well as the one found on Spotify's Feature Suggestions Board.

Let's keep voting and wait for updates regarding this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding regarding this topic.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

This isn't a solution.

The solution is >>>  Get Spotify Integration for Ionic.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@Nole_09 Thanks for your reply and for sharing your feedback regarding this matter.

Please keep voting for the Feature Suggestion to support the Spotify integration idea. An integration would be great. We will see what happens in the future. Stay tuned to that idea for updates on it.

See you around! 

Best Answer

I'm sorry I bought your product, I assumed soon or late Spotify would be something.

Now I'm starting to get it: posts from early 2017, no real answers on the status of this and that frustrating reply everywhere I look: "go vote for the feature"

Well, people have been voting since 1 1/2 year but nothing moved. Oh I'm wrong, you're directing your users to the spotify forum now.. what a joke.

Maybe you'll get it someday, but by the time it becomes real, I might have moved to a competitor that already (means it's possible, happening and doesn't depend on Spotify) includes such feature.

Angry and frustrated future ex-customer

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I like the ionic but no spotify is becoming a deal breaker. I find myself in the "waiting for a smartwatch that does spotify" category and will jump ship on day 1. And as for the random number generator, sorry, I mean Aria 2 scale... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR, we already voted, we already pushed pressure on Spotify and there is 1 year and half without solution. What is the problem? Is it a political matter or technical debt? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mfilipe Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thank you so much for voting and supporting the suggestion. 

I don't have any updates regarding this. What I do know is that both parties need to agree to make this integration possible. Le's hope for the best! For this reason, it is recommended that you also vote on their suggestions community as well. You can find this here.

Thanks for your interest in this integration and for your patience on this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Deezer or Spotify, I guess Fitbit already choosed . That’s a shame !

Envoyé de mon iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Explore quicker (please)!!! SO many people use Spotify!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

They already have 8k votes and more than one year that suggestion was posted but nothing happen. What Fitbit and Spotify are waiting? Jesus to come back to Earth to fix the negociation?

Best Answer
We must keep on praying waiting for a miracle

Envoyé de mon
iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there still no collaboration with Spotify? I can’t get Pandora in my region and don’t use my iTunes - the connect to podcasts doesn’t look simple either. Really annoying as I bought Ionic so I don’t need to take my phone to the gym for music. 

Best Answer
0 Votes