Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

@iantrich AFAIK Fitbit doesn't really support streaming with fitbitOS, so good luck and let us know!

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

This will not be streaming, the Spotify API doesn't support that. This app would just be a remote. Which, after reading lots of what people are asking for a bit more, might not be what people are looking for. My efforts may be better focused on something else, like Todoist integration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about offline playlists? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not possible.Spotify API

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer!

But thanks for your effort on trying to get this thing going. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's software out there for PCs that allows you to take Spotify playlists and put them on your Fitbit if you plan ahead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, seen some stuff by “Noteburner” and such but don’t know if it fully works and if it’s legal and and and 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eric is there any other streaming service that you can use on Ionic because Deezer is too expensive especially for a poor student in New Zealand.

I have Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S7Edge and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A6.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me. 

Thank you loving Christian Music Listener Samsung lover and Fitbit Ionic lover 

Thank you

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Greg Coffey
Best Answer
0 Votes
A pandora subscription will do the trick. It’s affordable and it break the teather with do the trick.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding Ionic and Spotify.

I understand it would be great to have this and that this has been a popular request. However, by checking the related Feature Suggestion I can see there are currently no updates yet in regards of this:

On the categorization comment of that idea there is a link that will redirect you to Spotify's feature suggestions board request to have this done too. Feel free to vote for both (so both sides requests will grow together) and share your interest with Spotify as well. The more votes, the better. 

This is the best thing we can do for the moment. 

Something you can do right now is controlling Spotify music with your watch. It's not the same thing, but that will prevent you from taking your phone out to change songs or change the volume. Find more information here. If you are not able to do this, try the steps here.

Also, I wanted to thank all the developers that are looking to develop for more app options for Fitbit watches. Any app released will be highly appreciated by the Fitbit Community.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Can you give us some concrete answers Fitbit vs the spin?  We are all adults and can handle the truth

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iantrich wrote:

This will not be streaming, the Spotify API doesn't support that. This app would just be a remote. Which, after reading lots of what people are asking for a bit more, might not be what people are looking for. My efforts may be better focused on something else, like Todoist integration.

@iantrich agreed. What people want is offline access to playlists, to go running and listen to Spotify without carrying a phone (although I'm sure a few might appreciate a remote).

Best Answer

The remote is a nice feature, but not having to carry my phone would be fantastic considering it is an iPhone 8+ and it is huge!

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

You really think they haven't reached out to Spotify? The ball is in Spotify's court on something like this. Voting for it as a Spotify feature is a completely acceptable suggestion.

Best Answer

@iantrich wrote:

You really think they haven't reached out to Spotify? The ball is in Spotify's court on something like this. Voting for it as a Spotify feature is a completely acceptable suggestion.

@iantrich

Other way around, Fitbit needs Spotify so the ball is in Fitbit's court. Keep in mind that all streaming music services use DRM to protect their revenue stream. Here is what I'm seeing:

First possibility is that Spotify is saying "pay to play" because it means a one-off implementation on fitbitOS. Lets be real, fitbitOS is a new OS platform, launched without a real App Store, and when the App Store arrived it was missing some key features (and still missing in action).

Spotify is growing like crazy, they are in drivers seat. Pandora needed Fitbit. Spotify doesn't need Fitbit.

The other possibility is that Samsung paid Spotify for an exclusive on Gear, and only time will open the door for Fitbit to fund a one-off implementation on fitbitOS.

Best Answer

Hi there @bbarrera@iantrich, and @ChazDMitch! I totally understand each point of view from all of you. I'd like to highlight @SantiR's post. Please make sure to vote and comment for the existing feature suggestion. 

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Also, I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product and Third-Party Integrations. Rest assured that our product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers and apps. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the best solution was to sell my Ionic onto some other poor soul and buy a Samsung gear sport which actually has Spotify already integrated 

Time to jump ship - the Ionic is nearly a year old and the signs of improvement were nowhere to be seen 

Ionic - Samsung Galaxy S8
Best Answer

How do you like your Samsung?  Do you need to have a Android phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love all Samsung's I would choose an Android over IOS everytime how about you. 

Greg Coffey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your answer sends forth a current of air

Best Answer
0 Votes