Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify integrations

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

The main reason I am very excited about this watch is the music storage. Any plans on integrating with Spotify? Pandora doesn't work in NZ.

Cheers,

Ana

Moderator edit: Clarified subject 

Best Answer
247 REPLIES 247

Just doesn’t make sense if Samsung can do it, why can’t Fitbit? I have
resorted to purchasing a pair of Shure Bluetooth Headphones and still run
with my iPhone so I can use Spotify.

Come on Fitbit- be like Nike and just do it!
--
Regards

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

If Spotify will not materialise before Apple Watch 4th edition, I am jumping a ship!

Best Answer

It would be great if they could link with Spotify. I would use the music a lot more often on my ionic if they did. 

Can't get Pandora and such like in the UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also agree! I teach group exercise classes and already have so many Spotify playlists. I am not willing to make a change to another music provider. It is the one thing that almost prevented me from buying the Ionic. Spotify has surpassed Deezer and Pandora by far, and I think it is time that a major company like Fitbit, link up with Spotify. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@romanima0511 if you have not yet done so then you may want to vote for the feature suggestion for this at:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Spotify-for-Ionic-Versa/idi-p/2171901

If has over 6000 votes so far so you are not alone in your views

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please release a spotify app for this - I would buy one right away if they did!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We want Spotify available on Fitbit!

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity and format

Best Answer
Best Answer

Writing to Spotify would be even better

Best Answer

Not all of us do.

This is not to say effort should not be made to bring Spotify to those users that make use of that service; but some of us do not use that service and would prefer their service of choice be supported.

Best Answer

Fitbit can not simply add Spotify .The details need the worked out between the two companies. 

I agree that the best course is to let both parties know that we are interested in having Spotify in the wrist. 

To let Fitbit know, it would be better to add your vote to the suggestion rather than complaining to your fellow Fitbit users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, I wasn't complaining. I just thought it'd be a fun way to share my excitement asking to make fitbit experience more enjoyable.

I didn't know this page had no sense of humor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Humor? No, never heard of it. Is it new?

Best Answer

Sorry @rebeats it was hard to overlook the yelling . 

From the guidelines .

Use good network etiquette. We ask that all users follow a few common standards when posting to the Forums. Please refrain from typing in all capital letters, enlarging text for emphasis, or using numerous exclamation points.

Best Answer

I need Spotify on ionic please. 

When will it be ok ? 

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BAlexy and Welcome!  Yeah, I think there are a lot of people waiting for this marriage to happen.  Unfortunately it is NOT totally dependent on Fitbit as it takes both companies to make this work.  I don't have anything official regarding this, but I am pretty sure it is being reviewed.  Me personally, I just load up my own music, but I get the need and hope it happens.  Have you checked out "DEEZER"?  They were offering a three month free trial?  Thanks for posting and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello ?

When we can have spotify on fitbit ionic ? 

Thanks in advance for read and answer

(I'm sorry if my english is bad)

Noëmie (french)

Best Answer

I live in US and can't stand Pandora either and would also like to be able to play Spotify with the Ionic

Best Answer

We need Spotify available for Ionic please..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think there's anything stopping any dev from making a Spotify app for FitBitOS. Spotify has an open API. Maybe something I'll have to explore as this would be killer.

For reference, Wear OS has Wearify for a long while before official an official Spotify app was made. Perhaps porting their code would be an easy solution as well.

Edit: I've sent an email out to the dev of Wearify to see if they would like to explore a FitbitOS app or not.

Edit2: Dev was quick to respond but says they don't have the time to invest in developing for FitbitOS. But I want this so I think I'll start exploring this as soon as time permits.

Edit3: Starting an open project

Best Answer
0 Votes