Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-in program, upgrade to ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wondering if Fitbit will do a trade in scheme so you can upgrade your blaze for an ionic 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@FitbitCommunity already pointed out that they will not be participating in a trade-in program for the Ionic at the bottom of this post.

Is there an upgrade/trade-in program to exchange my current device?

No, Fitbit does not currently offer a watch exchange program.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Dont think so. They have never done trade ins before and I have seen no indicarion they are about to start.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

They have clearly stated no in another request.  You would get more money selling it on eBay anyway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like blaze owners choosing to upgrade may have to put it in a top draw with other old tech

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Looks like blaze owners choosing to upgrade may have to put it in a top draw with other old tech

Sent from my iPad

Yup, same as I'm going to do with my Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitCommunity already pointed out that they will not be participating in a trade-in program for the Ionic at the bottom of this post.

Is there an upgrade/trade-in program to exchange my current device?

No, Fitbit does not currently offer a watch exchange program.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I'll attempt to give my Charge2 to someone that wants to provide a lovely home for this wonderful device. If I can't give it away it will go to a desk drawer. 

Best Answer

@datalore, I am sure lots of people will be wanting to try your Charge 2!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that the Surge has been discontinued and replaced by the Ionic, it would be great if there was a program for loyal Fitbit owners to upgrade from the Surge to the Ionic without paying full price for the Ionic.

Best Answer

@Fit_Bill  as long as I've been using a Fitbit (four years now!) there has not been a trade-in or an upgrade program.

I usually pass my Fitbits along to friends or family. It gives me more people to have in challenges that I know in real life.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I'm hoping Fitbit will offer some scheme for trade ins
I'm hoping the Fitbit community might help push this lets see how it goes

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Sent from my iPad

I'm thinking you'll have about as much luck as you would trying to take your iPhone 6s in to Apple for trade.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Sent from my iPad 

They won't be doing any trade-ins for the Ionic as it's their first smartwatch. I remember seeing @ErickFitbit say that on one of the threads here.

Best Answer

@shipo wrote:

I'm thinking you'll have about as much luck as you would trying to take your iPhone 6s in to Apple for trade.

@shipo Really? Apple website shows $215 trade-in value on an iPhone 6s and $260 on 6s Plus.

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that offer from Apple, or does it require a contribution from the wireless provider?  I'm thinking the latter.

Best Answer

@shipo wrote:

Is that offer from Apple, or does it require a contribution from the wireless provider?  I'm thinking the latter.

@shipo From Apple (they use 3rd party to process/sell/recycle the phones). 

you can either use the credit if purchasing directly from Apple, or lower monthly payments if you bought from carrier.

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reality is fitbit is, right now, an unprofitable company. The truth is they simply can't afford to have a trade in program at this point. 

Best Answer

@Fit_Bill, I have not seen any official announcement that Surge has been discontinued.  Have I missed something?  Do you know something we don't know??

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

@Fit_Bill, I have not seen any official announcement that Surge has been discontinued.  Have I missed something?  Do you know something we don't know??

No official announcement per-se.

Two clues:

1. Go to the Fitbit store and try to buy one (I checked two weeks ago and only the "Small" size was still in stock).
  2. Go to the Product Help Forums; the Surge has been relegated to the second tier where other discontinued products are positioned.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the Ionic is the new surge. I, for one, won't miss the surge. I always thought it was a weird design and the non-replaceable bands were a deal breaker for me. 

https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-surge-no-more-rip-in-peace-hello-ionic-4853

Best Answer
0 Votes