Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install the SpO2 Signature Clock Face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday my Fitbit Ionic was successfully updated to the latest Firmware version 27.71.6.19.  I tried to download and install the new SpO2 Signature pulse ox watch face. It will not download and install.  In my Fitbit phone app under Clocks>My Ionic, I have two previously downloaded watch faces plus the SpO2 watch face is shown with a grey arrow pointing down indicating to download. When I tap the watch face it goes to the download page and appears to be trying to download but the progress indicator keeps going left to right for a long time but it will not download the clock face.  What's wrong here?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I have had it installed and then it switched unexpectedly and disappeared. This happened twice. I managed to reinstall then it happened again after a couple of days. When I go to install I get the back and forth indicator that goes on Forever the latest firmware has been installed. What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nitenurse Thank you for sharing your experience with the SpO2 clock face. 

@prlart A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting, it's pretty weird that you were able to install it a couple of times before but now it's just stuck. 

I would like you to make sure you have the latest Fitbit app version installed in your phone. Once you've confirmed this please log out, force quit the app, log back in and try to install it again. Does it happen with any other clock face or just with this one?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Sylvia,

I am new here but have had my Ionic for a long time now and love it! However I'm having the same issues as mentioned above.

- I have restarted my phone, Ionic and Fitbit app.

- I have logged out of Fitbit app and force closed 

- Tried downloading a different clock face app and still have same issues.

So no clock apps are downloading, including the one I originally tried to download, SpO2.  Please let us know what next steps we can take!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your assistance. I did have the latest Fitbit app installed. I did not Force Stop the app but I did close it and turn off my phone then turned it back on (Sometimes that really does fix things! 🙂 

I was then able to install the clock face and it is still working. 

I am not sure why that happened in the first place. I am happy all is working now.

Best Answer

I managed to get the new SpO2 clock face in the first go itself and I am in India. However, it does not indicate the SpO2 reading ☹️, so the clock face is hardly of any additional use. It's a thumbs down from me. 

Best Answer

@adoss124 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I would like you to confirm you're following this procedure to install clock faces on your Ionic, please let me know if you're receiving any error message that's not letting you download the clock face. 

@prlart Thank you for getting back. I'm glad to hear that it was resolved. 

@Parry_B Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I appreciate that you mentioned the SpO2 clock face has been installed. Please check this article for more information why you didn't receive SpO2 data. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.. it is showing in gallery with INSTALL button.. but when I click on it, only loading page is shown.. nothing else.. 

Best Answer

@Sumchin123 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for letting me know that the SpO2 clock face shows up in the Fitbit app gallery. 

I would like you to confirm that your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version which is 3.31 for Android and iOS. Also double check you're following this procedure to change your clock face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I think, for India 3.3 Fitbit version is not yet released.. currently it is

Regards,

Suman N
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 3.31.1 and I am getting the reading now. Had to wear it to bed at night. However, unlike the HR, which gives instantaneous reading, this in my view is the reading as recorded while you sleep for atleast 3hrs, and remains same till you go to sleep again.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sumchin123 Thank you for getting back. The Fitbit app version is released worldwide and when there's a new Fitbit app version it starts rolling out to some users until it's released to 100%. However the version 3.31.1 has been fully released, please double check that your phone's OS is updated, this will ensure that you receive the latest app versions. 

@Parry_B Thank you for letting me know that you're receiving a reading now. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer

I deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone (pixel 3). Thereafter I again installed the SpO2 clock face and it was successful. Please keep in mind that the SpO2 level indicated is not an instantaneous one. It is only recorded when you are rested for about three hours (minimum) and that generally happens in your sleep at night. So when you install it successfully, it will show only dashes and indicate the SpO2 level on the next morning.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Select option is not displaying to install the SPO2 feature.. both device n
app are up to date..

Regards,

Suman N
Best Answer

@Parry_B Thank you so much for sharing the troubleshooting you followed to install the SpO2 clock face. 

@Sumchin123 Thank you for confirming that both apps are up-to-date. Your Fitbit needs to be updated too, for Ionic the latest firmware version is 32.71.6.19, please confirm that you have updated it accordingly and confirm if you have a Fitbit Ionic. 

Let me know how it goes, looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I have Fitbit versa watch.. not the Ionic one.. how to update my watch..?
If I want to update the watch, then it should show in Fitbit app only
rite..?

Regards,
Suman N
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sumchin123 Thank you for getting back. I appreciate that you confirmed you have a Fitbit Versa. 

The latest firmware version for Versa is 32.71.6.19, please follow this procedure to update your watch. If you're not getting the option then set it up as a new device to your account and you should receive the firmware update. 

For future reference, in order to avoid confusions it's recommended  to post on the board of your Fitbit device

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, this info was useless

It's available for me in the clock face gallery, but as many have stated, not able to download. Watch and phone app are updated with latest version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Soconnor06 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Please double check that your Fitbit is up-to-date and that the latest Fitbit app version is installed. If you keep experiencing this, let me know the Fitbit device that you have and the firmware version installed. 

Let me know how it goes. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you even read the posts before responding? As previously stated, fitbit is up to date, app is on latest version 3.36 for Android (when I ask it to update, says this is the most recent).

Versa 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THE FIX (I'm not fitbit support, I figured this out on my own, but you're welcome anyway):

You are allowed (never even stated) around 30-35 apps/games (depending on size). If your watch face is constantly showing downloading but wont install, delete your least wanted app or game. Restart your Ionic and reboot your phone, then reinstall the SpO2 clock face, voila!  

BONUS Fun Fact: You don't need the clock face to see your SpO2 levels. Go to your 'Sleep Score' on your phone's app, pick a day, scroll all the way down and your will see your levels - with or without having the clock face! Personally, I got bored of that face after a week, but still see and check my levels every day after I wake up.

NOTE: If YOU CAN'T SEE the option to download the clock face, then update your phones app AND ensure you have the lates update on your watch, then you should be able to see and install it. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes