Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Ionic with your Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my watch wont let me in. It keeps saying "unlock with your phone" on the screen when I tap screen.

Ive tried resetting and turning it on and off.

When I go to tap on device lock it says change pin but when I press on change then it says its block  and another screen comes up with device authentication failed.

I'm losing patience.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Ok. So I've tried everything!

I went to use my Fitbit "versa" three days ago and got the... "Unlock with your phone".  Well, that's helpful, since there's no clearly labelled "unlock" anything on the app!

I've read the posts, uninstalled, reinstalled... Emptied the wallet. Installed on my tablet and not my phone.

Nothing!

So now I have to do a factory reset... Which, thanks to YouTube and NOT Fitbit, is achievable.  Wish me luck guys 🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the fixes posted. The latest being to remove the ionic from the app and put it back on. However, the 4-digit code (for pairing) is blocked also. Now I don't have the watch on the app at all. Starting to tear my hair out. Please help

Best Answer
I ended up getting an Apple Watch as I was the same

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response but not the ideal solution. However, it's looking like the only solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got same problem whenever you got solution please let me know thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dhindsa, it now appears the problem has been resolved. I had to do a "factory reset". The process was a bit complex and I had to be guided through by fitbit support. Phone them. it was a bit of a wait to get through, all data not synced to the app was lost but I am able to access the watch again. Phone number (within Australia) is 1800 875 234. Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Theofilos@Mahalkita@AndyDavid@Travbs, @SunsetRunner, and @Dhindsa I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this lock issue by yourselves. I would like to know if you have tried the instructions provide by our friend @MarreFitbit? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at her post and follow those steps.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply Alejandra,

Unfortunately none of the suggestions have worked ☹

I have tried calling the help line, five times now, and the call simply keeps dropping out ☹

Do you know how to factory reset the fitbit versa, when you cannot access the ‘about’ menu on the watch?

I’m just about ready to throw it away.

Thanks
mahalkita
Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this on google search for you

1. Connect the Fitbit Versa to the charging cable.
  2. Hold all 3 buttons for about 15 seconds, until the Fitbit logo appears.
  3. When the Fitbit logo disappears release the Bottom Right button, then keep holding the Left and Top Right button until you feel a strong vibration
Best Answer
0 Votes
Got through to Fitbit customer service & I’m all good, a little confused
though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Theofilos@Mahalkita and @Travbs for the input.

@Theofilos, it's great to know that you contacted our support team and that your issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Now @Mahalkita, since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks 😀

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing this issue as well where I cannot do anything on fitbit ionic because it is locked and keeps showing message "Unlock with your phone"

My device seems fully locked and only shows time screen. I cannot access anything else.

I have tried following troubleshooting steps:

1. Trying to unlock using the standard steps from Device Settings - There was no response from the watch after numerous tries 

2. Removed device from my fitbit app and tried to add back - On my phone and other devices the fitbit is found without much hassle, however, when the app asks for four digits pin I cannot see it on my phone as it keeps showing the message "Unlock with your phone"

3. I looked in the option of doing factory reset, guess what, I cannot access the option to reset because on my watch I can access nothing except time screen and it keeps showing the message "Unlock with your phone"

In my case I am stuck. All troubleshooting steps are blocked on my watch because of the message "Unlock with your phone"

I would appreciate if you can advise what can be done to take out my fitbit out of this stupid lock state. 

Thank you. 

UPDATE:

I am facing the exact same problem. Everything I do on the watch the message appears "Unlock with Your Phone". I can only access time screen and nothing else. 

Best Answer
Try resetting the pin on Ur fitbit. That worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey mate,

I managed to solve my issue in the following way.

I went into the app on my phone and simply reset the pin...

I have no idea why this worked. I had tried it countless times before with no success, but it decided to work this time...so I dunno...I hope this works for u.

Let me no.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep that worked. Thanks !!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great😉

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

when all other fixes failed, a manual factory reset can be done as follows:

1. unpair(Bluetooth) Ionic from all devices, Computer/Phone
2. Press and hold all three/3 buttons on Ionic until the "FitBit" appears.
3. After 20 secs or so, when the "FitBit" logo disappears release bottom right-button
4. Continue to hold the left-button and top right-button until the Ionic vibrates
5. Then let go of all buttons.
6. Ionic will begin its factory reset which last 2-3 minutes, screen will be black and buttons will not work, FitBit will come up on its on to the welcome screen.
7. Contuine to pair device as normal

Best Answer