Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Ionic with your Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my watch wont let me in. It keeps saying "unlock with your phone" on the screen when I tap screen.

Ive tried resetting and turning it on and off.

When I go to tap on device lock it says change pin but when I press on change then it says its block  and another screen comes up with device authentication failed.

I'm losing patience.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101

Thank a lot SilviaFitBit, this helped fix my issue. The reason behind this issue was due to wallet, if someone facing this issue (whether using the Wallet or not), must reset the Wallet and it must fix this issue, alternatively people can try resetting thier Device Lock password in the FitBit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

no this is not the solution thanks anyway

Best Answer

HELP Please

I have a Fitbit  Ionic that has locked itself when I try and open it says unlock using phone.

I have read all the blogs and have tied everything I can

When ready instructions most of them say to

1. rom the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click "Device Lock".
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code

The problem I am having is on the Fitbit app dashboard the icon for device is missing.

I have tried deleting and then downloading the app again but doesn't work.

Any other suggestions please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried unlocking my Ionic Fitbit with the suggestions you provided. With the exception of 'Device Lock.' I have not been able to find this this option on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Poor response. You can not go to settings as all you can see is "unlockwith you phone".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right. They have no clue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no device lock setting option in fitbit app

Best Answer

I have had the same problem and have done EVERYTHING suggested, however now that I have factory reset it as a last resort my Ionic now isn't registering when I try and set it back up on the Fitbit app and it won't even register on my android phones bluetooth.

So now not only can I not see past the main screen, its not even registering my steps anymore! (at least it was up until the factory reset).

Please help as it locked itself own its own, I hadn't even entered the pin incorrectly 10 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up got my money back and got an Apple Watch, best move ever
Best Answer

Unfortunately I have aan android phone, but a Garmin may be in order! 😤

Best Answer
Oh yes even better 👍
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I have the same problem but exept when I click on my profile picture the device isn’t there please respond ASAP!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that problem too. I went back to the retailer and got a new one. Software problem.

Vriendelijke groet,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Look i cant unlock my fitbit ionic. It keeps telling me on device unlock thst it is getting an error that it cant sync with the watch but when i go to sync it syncs just fine.  This piece of **ahem** is killing me right now. 

Best Answer

i cant even get on my watch to go setting dumb **ahem** its locke . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

locked out of my ionic. device lock not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me. Thank you very much 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Achills.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the instructions in this thread helped you resolve the issue. Thank you for your time and feedback. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Thank You for Your answer.

I have also the same problem to "unlock with your phone"

But...

There is no option like "Device Lock"

I also had the chat with Fitbit support; they very busy to help me, but too busy to stop. No help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for You

This was not working with me...

Best Answer